Code of Conduct

Default Looked on Ebay for Green Irish Tweed...

This is my first post..I'm sure this has been covered, but I am considering buying GIT from a seller on Ebay. I already have a 1oz bottle from Neiman Marcus ($130) and now I see a 4oz "flask" on Ebay for $145.95..obviously if this is legit it would be a steal..I'm wondering if you guys could offer any guidance to someone who is just getting into fragrances seriously..they have 100% feedback on their sales thus far. This is the only picture they have of it..(based on other things I've read, the box is the older one)..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-CREED-Green-...#ht_4083wt_913

Default Re: Looked on Ebay for Green Irish Tweed...

I'd be cautious because the seller is calling it "NIB CREED Green Irish Tweed EDP Cologne". Could just be a typo but there is no such thing a "EDP Cologne". You can also do a google search and find it for about the same price from reputable businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    I'd be cautious because the seller is calling it "NIB CREED Green Irish Tweed EDP Cologne". Could just be a typo but there is no such thing a "EDP Cologne". You can also do a google search and find it for about the same price from reputable businesses.
    Thanks for the info..I figured EDP was Eau De Parfum...I did a google search and couldn't find it for anywhere near that price...I thought about checking Scentiments or Fragrancenet, but I've heard they were known to have old, less potent products...Have you used either site?

Fragrancenet don't really have old products, it's just hit or miss, and some have been imported from the middle east as well, which most likely means they've been exposed to high summer temperatures. Creeds is one of those brands which you're more likely to get a "less potent bottle" from, I don't know why, maybe because they use a lot of light citrus notes. Overall ebay is your easiest place to get a creed. Just check the seller, does his posting show knowledge of the fragrance? has he sold similar products and gotten feedback confirming their quality? Fragrancenet is a great place to get cheap designer fragrance, but I'd avoid the expensive stuff.

You could always just get a refund if your not happy with your GIT. There may be some people selling fake perfumes so cautious.
    Who Else Loves Discontinued Perfumes?

Quote Originally Posted by reba00 View Post
    You could always just get a refund if your not happy with your GIT. There may be some people selling fake perfumes so cautious.

yeah, I just don't want to have to deal with potentially getting a fake and not being able to tell..I'm kinda new to the fragrance game, so I don't know that I'd be proficient at identifying a fraud.

In my experience many of the ebay sellers know nothing about perfume. They may pick up a bottle of cologne at a tag sale and then offer it as "perfume." I always look at the photo, enlarge if necessary, to see what the actual bottle says (keeping in mind that some sellers use stock photos of perfume, so it may not be the real bottle at all) -- use the message function and ask!

I've never tried to return a bottle, but have heard that some of these sellers can be very difficult, so keep that in mind. I asked one once in a message how old she thought a bottle of "Halston Couture" I'd bought from her was, and it smelled odd to me. I was answered with a screechy diatribe about how she was "just a mom trying to make ends meet!" Strange, since she had 25 bottles of the same fragrance for sale...I ate that one, the $25 or so I'd paid just wasn't worth dealing with her.

GIT is one of those, like the Chanels, most likely to be faked. Caveat emptor.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

If it were me I'd forget about using eBay for 4.0oz creed. There are too many fakes out there in that size.

Walgreens sells a few Creed scents online believe it or not. Green Irish Tweed is one of them. They currently have it for $135 with free shipping.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...453798-product

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    If it were me I'd forget about using eBay for 4.0oz creed. There are too many fakes out there in that size.

Walgreens sells a few Creed scents online believe it or not. Green Irish Tweed is one of them. They currently have it for $135 with free shipping.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...453798-product
    Do you have any idea why they list it as being regularly $169 when it's normally $270 for the 4oz.? If this is the real deal, that's a great offer...hopefully it's not an older bottle or anything...thanks for the info.
    Last edited by taint it sweet; 15th September 2010 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Do you have any idea why they list it as being regularly $169 when it's normally $270 for the 4oz.? If this is the real deal, that's a great offer...hopefully it's not an older bottle or anything...thanks for the info.
    Get it from Walgreens. Problem with all GIT (and several other Creeds) - even the legit stuff. Batches smell different from one to the next. What you get from any retailer (even NM or Saks) might smell different that your 1oz bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Get it from Walgreens. Problem with all GIT (and several other Creeds) - even the legit stuff. Batches smell different from one to the next. What you get from any retailer (even NM or Saks) might smell different that your 1oz bottle.
    Yeah, the original 1oz I bought was from Neiman Marcus...I love the smell, but I do think it smells a little different than the tester at the store...

Do you guys think it would make a difference in quality of product if I were to buy from say...Scentiments as opposed to Walgreens?

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Do you guys think it would make a difference in quality of product if I were to buy from say...Scentiments as opposed to Walgreens?
    I'd say Walgreens is going to have slightly newer stuff. They must use official channels to get the product in. Scentiments might as well, but I don't know for sure.