Code of Conduct

Default Another day and another impression of Diesel Zero Plus Masculine

Hey guys:

Today I'm wearing some Diesel Zero Plus Masculine at work. My first impression was that it was basically a cinnamon vanilla frag. Now, I'm starting to detect that there are some other spices in here that makes it smell a bit different to me. I feel like I just ate a spicy meal, and am feeling a bit sweaty and have this pseudo-indigestion thing going on. Anybody else relate to this vibe I'm talking about?

Default Re: Another day and another impression of Diesel Zero Plus Masculine

This is just one of those fragrances that is not good when you frequent it. I don't wanna lose the respect that I have for this near brilliant discontinued piece, but as with many on this stuff, the more you wear it, the more you dislike it. It's also temperamental in the heat.

As it pertains to my relationship with Zero Plus, after having understood this fragrance and using it for years, I can only wear it a few times out of the year, in cooler months and not as often. If say there was a full month of cool weather, I might wear this stuff twice, vs Burberry London which I'd wear 10+ times.

Yeah, I don't see myself rushing out to buy the full bottle of this one. Glad to try a sample, and even though it is still easy to find at TJ Maxx and kinda unique, it does seem to get a bit tiresome fast IMO.

For me it is dominated by cinnamon and heliotrope. At first, the cinnamon is too strong, and smells like chewing gum, but then it settles down. At that point, it's a bit too weak. My major complaint is that it's too strong initially then it gets too weak within a couple of hours. Jaipur Homme is the closest to this, and I think that one is more consistent and better overall, but I sometimes don't like how strong the heliotrope is in it.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 14th September 2010 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries

This stuff just gets cloying and fast. I will NOT wear it like i would a normal fragrance, i just spray it on my arm and eventually have to wash it off. There's nothing "hydrating" about it, so to speak. It literally makes my nasal cavity feel dry and it really isn't sweet...i thought i'd like it but holy crap its so powdery and blaaaah....not a fan