Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance - John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Special Edition

From nstperfume.com:

John Varvatos will celebrate 10 years of business with John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Special Edition, a new limited edition fragrance for men and the designer’s first scent with Elizabeth Arden (the license was previously held by Shiseido).

The oriental amber fragrance was developed by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux; the notes include chinotto orange, bergamot, cinnamon, patchouli, vetiver, black leather, amber, cistus resin, fluid balsams and Tamboti wood.

John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Special Edition will be available in 125 ml Eau de Toilette, $88.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance - John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Special Edition

I want.

I didn't see, but do we know when it will be released?

Default New Fragrance - John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Special Edition

I absolutely love John Varvatos original, but the sillage and longevity are completely horrible. Since this is also from Rodrigo Flores Roux, and uses a ridiculously complex list of notes in the pyramid, hopefully I will also like this smell. I just really had hoped for a EDP concentration of the original to give it the added boost I need. Now, where's the samples?!!!!

Hmm sounds interesting! Though some of the Varvatos fragrances aren't too great, Artisan is pretty bad, I'm still definitely going to try this one!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I love the original but find its lack of legs a real PITA. Looking forward to sampling this 10th Anniversary edition when or if it ever finds its way here... Btw is this a reformulation of the original? I remember 'dates' listed in the original...

Release date?

Sur la Plage

I personally have not found any of the existing Varvatos fragrances to be worth purchasing - and think both Artisan fragrances are quite repulsive. So I will try the new one when I see it, but am not expecting much......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I will have to check this out for sure!!!
    Gary

I'll have 3 questions: Does it last at all, repeated in triplicate.
    JVO is one of my faves but I don't want to cuddle w/ Mrs. J., get up for a spray to better set up the evening, and have it be gone as quickly as the evening's happiness when the mother-in-law calls.
    Hopefully JV, et. al., have addressed longevity issues.

That being said, I'm very interested.

Very eager to smell anything with An orange/cinnamon/patchouli combo

Has any of you guys tried this yet? I want to buy it for the bottle! haha

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally have not found any of the existing Varvatos fragrances to be worth purchasing - and think both Artisan fragrances are quite repulsive. So I will try the new one when I see it, but am not expecting much......
    This.

I'm eager to try this new John Varvatos.

The original John Varvatos is, in my opinion, an excellent fragrance and I get a good six to eight hours out of it.

Rock sucks. It smells dirty to me... and the dirty/sucky smell lingers and lingers.

Vintage really sucks.

Black is so beautiful on the card that I almost bought it based on that alone. But, fortunately, I was at Nordstroms and the SA insisted that I take home a sample first. On me, I found that it also sucks. Fortunately, it only lasts about ten minutes on me, so it's a short suck. I still sometimes think about getting a bottle just to spray on cards and enjoy that way.

Artisan is great. I love Artisan and I get three to four hours out of it. They're a good three- to four-hours, so it's worth having a bottle. I often wear it after getting up and before showering. It's a nice treat for that hour or two. It's also a good workout fragrance for an hour or two.

I'm worried about the leather note in the Anniversary Edition. The leather in the original is great, but the stronger leather is a part, I think, of what ruins Rock. And I'm worried about the patchouli note too. It's over-done in Vintage and gives is a dirty character, IMHO.
    Last edited by Gollnick; 15th October 2010 at 02:52 AM.

I really liked Vintage, however, the original really never did it for me. They both have big time longevity issues, so I passed on both. Both are heavy pushed in Department stores here as well.

Would be interested to try this one out though.

I noticed that Costco had Artisan a couple of weeks ago. $44.95. Not the greatest price, but not bad. If Costco's got it, it's gone mainstream. Then, again, they had Givenchy Pi too, same price.

Ok, I have this on my right arm. I just sprayed 30 mins ago from Macys. Well, all I can say is that you better love lots of Patchouli!!! This a a Varvatos fragrance? Wow, Elizabeth Arden with Halston Man, Man Amber and now this. This fragrance better represents the image of Varvatos and his vision better than any other IMO. Patchouli, a little cinnamon and vetiver so far with a leather note underneath. This doesn't feel like a typical mainstream release. Wow. Now the question is longevity...and I will report back at the end of the day. Kudos to JV and Elizabeth Arden to step out of the cookie cutter assembly line.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Ok, I have this on my right arm. I just sprayed 30 mins ago from Macys. Well, all I can say is that you better love lots of Patchouli!!! This a a Varvatos fragrance? Wow, Elizabeth Arden with Halston Man, Man Amber and now this. This fragrance better represents the image of Varvatos and his vision better than any other IMO. Patchouli, a little cinnamon and vetiver so far with a leather note underneath. This doesn't feel like a typical mainstream release. Wow. Now the question is longevity...and I will report back at the end of the day. Kudos to JV and Elizabeth Arden to step out of the cookie cutter assembly line.
    I am glad to see some fragrances being released for people who actually like fragrances! It will be interesting to see what the longevity is like on this one.....

Could this be a Varvatos rendition of Givenchy Gentleman?

This release is going to get slammed by many that are Varvatos fragrance fans up to this point.
    I can hear it now, smells old lady, old man....horrible...patchouli bomb, what was he thinking releasing this.
    I predict it will not sell well either. Americans in general smell patchouli and run away immediately...too many associations.

OK, some amber is starting to come in at the 1. 5 hour mark

On the bottle, really beautiful, but the dog tag has to go if I get it. Very minimalist and feels substantial.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 15th October 2010 at 05:11 PM.

What I get is a very muted Kilian Straight to Heaven with blasts of citrus...the best of the Varvatos group..longetvity a little better but of course everyone is different

Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    What I get is a very muted Kilian Straight to Heaven with blasts of citrus...the best of the Varvatos group..longetvity a little better but of course everyone is different
    Now at the 2.25 hour mark, the cinnamon is beginning to recede and there is some similarity to Straight to Heaven. Good call agml65. It smells better than STH to me though because it is devoid of that pile of white musk By Kilian gave us in the base of STH.

At the + 3 hour mark now...this is an oriental? The press says Oriental Amber...not to my nose. This baby is very woody IMO. The amber warms it and is definitely there but, Patchouli, Vetiver, leather notes and Tamboti Wood are the stars of this show in the drydown so far. I haven't smelled this much patchouli in a NEW designer release on the Macy's counter in a long, long, time. Elizabeth Arden has more courage than many now IMO. Halston Amber Man and this one Do Not Smell Mainstream at all.

Thank you Jock for these updates and reviews. Very much helps me ( and many others). Especially from a guy with good standards.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Jock, thanks for the review. Nice descriptions; It sounds like an interesting scent.

You are welcome Surfacing and Indie_Guy, I am enjoying testing this one.

Ok, about at the 4 hour mark now. Woody!! The patchouli is still the dominant note from the wood.
    The scent is still going.
    One note though, even from the first spray, this scent feels weightless on the skin. It is not dense on the spot where you spray. I smell more an inch or two from my skin, than I do when my nose is pressed upon my skin where I sprayed. It almost has blind spots if you will. Wave your arm and inch or two from the nose and you get the fragrance effect more than a direct wiff really close. Kind of the same effect that Guerlain's Vetiver Extreme has (Indie noted this on a review he did on this scent some time back).

I keep waiting for the trick turn to come when the generic woody drydown comes in and the worn patchouli feel exits. It ain't happened yet. Could this baby smoulder patch and vetiver to the end? Instead of calling this a muted Straight to Heaven, I prefer a Varvatos (designer) version of STH with leather instead of white musk. The cinnamon through the middle (for 2 hours) did channel a washed up (no civet), tidy Givenchy Gentleman.

Great to hear the review Jock!Haven't seen you in a bit. I'm wearing Man Amber today and love it. Looks like I'll have to check this one out too.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

If it's like a Varvatos take on Straight to Heaven, then I'll have to try it. I liked STH, but found the drydown a bit flat. I'd like to see what the cinnamon and leather could do in such a scent. Plus, the bottle does look cool, though you're right about the dog-tag.

I like what this perfumer Flores-Roux has done before and am pretty sure this one will be to my liking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Great to hear the review Jock!Haven't seen you in a bit. I'm wearing Man Amber today and love it. Looks like I'll have to check this one out too.
    I wore Man Amber yesterday TC and was blown away. 65 dollars for this! Great value IMO. You better love patch TC, this is not a terribly clean version of patch either, but yes, do give it a test.
    Thanks, I check the boards regularly and listen to you guys...but working on talking less and listening more. Until today. Doh!

I'm sorry if I missed this, but where did you see this, Jock?

I found this at Macys to all who want to test this.

I found this at Macys to all who want to test this.
    Funny, I was at Macys today and didn't see this but saw the Burberry Brit exclusive. I'll have to go back next week

Well maybe I should take your advice after coming back from excile and listen more You are right on Man Amber. The shot on the top side of my wrist still smells like I just sprayed it this morning. I've been talking about it alot these past weeks.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    I'm 3.5 hours deep into it - my bottle arrived today - and so far it's not bad. It's not a blast of citrus I'm getting... more like a warm citrus with patchouli - think almost potpourri with the cinnamon but the rest of the notes carry it far away from a bad house fragrance and more like a rather atypical men's fragrance.

I get the Straight to Heaven parallel, even almost like the part(s) of Straight to Heaven on the dry down but with a few notes swapped for what's listed in the JV 10th Anniversary SE - the leather is probably one of the few leathers that's pushed back quite a bit, but still is there, noticeable and rather smooth. Reminds me of a 20 year old leather jacket I have that was recently re-conditioned. In fact... it's almost JUST like it, but with the JV 10 SE notes on top of it.

The aforesaid citrus isn't the zest, nor the first "splash" of citrus to my nose - not like Artisan, Black or other citrus fragrances I tend to like - but more earthy... in fact, I have a grapefruit, a lemon, a lime and kumquat tree... it smells like the dried branches of those trees once they've been set out in the sun for a while. It's that kind of citrus to me.

In the first hour, it tempered itself down from the initial patchouli "bomb" to what I'd consider one of the manliest scents I possess - not powerhouse manly, but downright leather jacket or wool blazer manly. I'm SO glad I tried this today when the temperature dropped a solid 20 degrees Fahrenheit from yesterday to around 58-60. This will go over well in the winter months...

I've seen mention of cinnamon, but it's just barely there for me on my skin. But it's probably what's giving this some warmth.

And I won't lie... I'm usually not a fan of patchouli on my skin because it may go many directions - not all of them good - but this is the first usage of patchouli that really agrees with my skin and doesn't turn into some odd beast minutes after application.

This is probably get shot down by many as a scent who are niche lovers, but this is definitely not your typical, very clean designer fragrance. It feels, smells, and is complex enough to almost throw you for a loop if I never told you what it is.

Presentation box was nice - it's much bigger than the current Vintage/Artisan/JV boxes - with the silver and black print, the silver bottle - I've got a ton of smudges on it already... and the dog tag (it's gonna end up on something, it clanks too much for my likes when I move the bottle to spray and the lugnut top are all nice; but it won't win awards nor end up on a shelf with lights on it. Still looks nice though and I like JV's bottle shape.

And best part... the woman doesn't sneeze with this one. So it's a keeper. I hope my amateurish take on this bottle - it was a 100% blind buy for me - doesn't offend nor confuse anybody. This is an odd scent by JV - and I'm actually loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    You are right on Man Amber. The shot on the top side of my wrist still smells like I just sprayed it this morning. I've been talking about it alot these past weeks.
    I've been reading you rave about Man Amber for a few days now, which prompted me to sample it at a local Neiman's the other night. Very nice stuff. I think I am going to pick up a small bottle. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I'm 3.5 hours deep into it - my bottle arrived today - and so far it's not bad. It's not a blast of citrus I'm getting... more like a warm citrus with patchouli - think almost potpourri with the cinnamon but the rest of the notes carry it far away from a bad house fragrance and more like a rather atypical men's fragrance.

I get the Straight to Heaven parallel, even almost like the part(s) of Straight to Heaven on the dry down but with a few notes swapped for what's listed in the JV 10th Anniversary SE - the leather is probably one of the few leathers that's pushed back quite a bit, but still is there, noticeable and rather smooth. Reminds me of a 20 year old leather jacket I have that was recently re-conditioned. In fact... it's almost JUST like it, but with the JV 10 SE notes on top of it.

The aforesaid citrus isn't the zest, nor the first "splash" of citrus to my nose - not like Artisan, Black or other citrus fragrances I tend to like - but more earthy... in fact, I have a grapefruit, a lemon, a lime and kumquat tree... it smells like the dried branches of those trees once they've been set out in the sun for a while. It's that kind of citrus to me.

In the first hour, it tempered itself down from the initial patchouli "bomb" to what I'd consider one of the manliest scents I possess - not powerhouse manly, but downright leather jacket or wool blazer manly. I'm SO glad I tried this today when the temperature dropped a solid 20 degrees Fahrenheit from yesterday to around 58-60. This will go over well in the winter months...

I've seen mention of cinnamon, but it's just barely there for me on my skin. But it's probably what's giving this some warmth.

And I won't lie... I'm usually not a fan of patchouli on my skin because it may go many directions - not all of them good - but this is the first usage of patchouli that really agrees with my skin and doesn't turn into some odd beast minutes after application.

This is probably get shot down by many as a scent who are niche lovers, but this is definitely not your typical, very clean designer fragrance. It feels, smells, and is complex enough to almost throw you for a loop if I never told you what it is.

Presentation box was nice - it's much bigger than the current Vintage/Artisan/JV boxes - with the silver and black print, the silver bottle - I've got a ton of smudges on it already... and the dog tag (it's gonna end up on something, it clanks too much for my likes when I move the bottle to spray and the lugnut top are all nice; but it won't win awards nor end up on a shelf with lights on it. Still looks nice though and I like JV's bottle shape.

And best part... the woman doesn't sneeze with this one. So it's a keeper. I hope my amateurish take on this bottle - it was a 100% blind buy for me - doesn't offend nor confuse anybody. This is an odd scent by JV - and I'm actually loving it so far.
    I've been waiting for you to chime in on this gerb! Haha. Sounds like something I would like. Thank you too. I'm going to have to sample this one as well.

Did somebody say "patchouli bomb?"

How disappointing. I'm outtahere.

Sur la Plage

I find it to be a light, pleasant patchouli fragrance - but nothing special. It's definitely different than the other Varvatos fragrances - thankfully. But it's not something I am interested in.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th October 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Im surprised this is not getting more conversations here..this is really good stuff...to my nose borderline niche quality

Basenotes Institution

I saw this at Macy's when I was there Friday night, and I just assumed it was a dressed-up version of the regular JV scent. If I had known it was a different scent, I would have tested it. The bottle is really nice.

Like petruccijc and a few others, I have not liked any of the JV fragrances. In fact, someone gifted me a decant of the original JV and I keep saying to myself that I should re-try it one-of-these-days, but I keep putting it off.

I'll try this next time I see it.

I'm going to buy this just for the bottle! haha

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Great review!

I'm looking forward to smelling this, I have no fear of patchouli, in fact, well blended it's one of my favourite accords.

I like a few of the JV fragrances, I have the original and find it a great evening fragrance, I have Rock Volume 1, which is like John Varvatos Lite and works well as a daytime fragrance.

I'll try this new one, probably with a view to buying. It does help that the bottle is CAF.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Basenotes Institution

I just noticed that the perfumer for this, is the same perfumer for that new Houbigant Fougere Royale re-issue that JaimeB's thread mentions.

Bought this blind today. They didn't have a tester for it. Actually when I asked if I could sample it, the SA picked up a tester of the original John Varvatos and started spraying it on a card. I had to explain to her that it was actually a different scent altogether.

She said rather abrupty, "Well, how about you just buy it then?" (which could maybe considered rude, but I think she was gauging my personality and knew that I could take the attitude)

So I replied, "Let's do it."

I got out in my car and opened the box. Big box too. The bottle is maybe not quite as nice as it looks in the photos. In the pics it looks somewhat like brushed stainless steel-- the actual bottle is (I think) a kind of silver paint colored glass.

I sprayed some on and it's very unusual. Like the other reviews have said, it's really unique compared to other mainstream releases. I get the patchouli and cinnamon immediately. I find this one very hard to peg. It changes a lot over its drydown and it smells different sniffing directly on the arm than it does pulling my collar over my nose and inhaling. Sniffing my arm, it's kind of a dry, yet creamy patchouli scent with very little sweetness. Putting my nose under my collar and inhaling from my chest, I get a very warm leathery scent similar to DK Fuel for Men. As it goes on, I get a dry almost bittersweet dark fruity accord that plays along with a vetiver note. Something about this scent smells like chocolate milk, even though there's no chocolate here. I do think it has hints of oriental womens' perfumes that float through it every now and then, but it remains woody and masculine.

I initially found Vintage to be very hard to get a grasp on at first also, so I think I'm going to grow to really like this one as well, given a few wearings. I've found that the perfumes of Flores-Roux are often very complex compositions that seem muddled and jumbled the first time you try them, but later reveal a lot of harmony.

I'll have to give this a shot!

If it's available at either JCPenney's or Bon Ton. I'm not big on patchouli though so I may just pass this one up.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Tried this yesterday. Smelled like a thick patchouli base with vanilla on top and a layer of latex in the middle. Over time the ingridients 'melt' into one jus. I am impressed with JV for not bowing down to the recent trend of aquatic laundry detergent woody messes and actually releasing something very different. I think this will find a lot of buyers and I think JV is starting to establish itself as a solid mass produced niche type of frag company. I like everything in their line so far but I am not crazy over any.

But thinking about it deeper, if all I had was everything from JV (Original, Vintage, Artisan, Artisan Black and Rock and now 10th Anniv) I would be OK. For me, that says A LOT.

Thumbs up!
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

This will be one of these I'll try if I'm out and about shopping, but won't go out of my way to sample. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of JV: have Vintage, which I likebut don't love and thought Artisian was ok. Don't like the original. To me, he hasn't put out anything that is truly great.

I'm always intrigued with the reviews of these type of frags from the more experienced noses. I tried this the other day at Macy's and got patchouli and nothing else. Half hour later, patchouli ... two hours, patchouli. I don't think it's the patchouli "bomb" some described but a nice lite fragrance ... if you like patchouli.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I'm always intrigued with the reviews of these type of frags from the more experienced noses. I tried this the other day at Macy's and got patchouli and nothing else. Half hour later, patchouli ... two hours, patchouli. I don't think it's the patchouli "bomb" some described but a nice lite fragrance ... if you like patchouli.
    I agree. I didn't get any "bomb" either. I found it too light for my liking.

The more I test this, the more I can see it as a very loose reinterpretation of the original John Varvatos for Men. I get a lot of that black leather accord, which I really like. I'll repeat what I said earlier about it smelling very different depending when and where on the body/in the air you smell it.

One of the reasons this seems like a patchouli bomb to some but not to others may be because of the facets of the particular patchouli used. Some patchoulis have a very terpenic character that can make them come across very loudly, with an almost piney/ steak sauce quality. The patchouli here doesn't seem to be this type-- it's more refined.

I was reading an interview with the perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux and he was talking about John Varvatos' concept of each product having a "hidden detail." So he likes to instill this idea into his perfumes as well. They can be difficult to really understand upon first and second wearings.

I went to test this out today at Macys and to me nose it smells like a weaker version of L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme. I ended up buying Chanel Allure Blanche and Bleu De Chanel instead. Lady killers right there! haha

Just for the record. I never stated it was a patchouli bomb. I said that others would test and declare it a patchouli bomb, old lady and old man smell....and so on. It has alot of patchouli but it is NOT a bomb by any stretch IMO.

Just for the record. I never stated it was a patchouli bomb. I said that others would test and declare it a patchouli bomb, old lady and old man smell....and so on. It has alot of patchouli but it is NOT a bomb by any stretch IMO.
    Count me in as one who thinks patchouli, by itself, has an old man/lady feel to it. I don't mind frags with patchouli as part of a more complex scent. But when it's the dominant note, it's not for me.

Excellent stuff - best mainstream stuff I've smelled in a while that is different from everything else and very niche-like. Of course, I said that about the original Varvatos when that came out, too. This one isn't a patchouli bomb to me as it's much more complex. Lots of stuff going on in the background, with cinnamon and I do get a bit of a warm cocoa note (this is almost what I think A-Men should have been).
    The Bark Bites Back.

I sampled this and thought it nice for sure!!!
    Gary

Hi guys,

So, what's the verdict on its longevity? Better, same, or worse than the original JV?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrussie View Post
    Hi guys,

So, what's the verdict on its longevity? Better, same, or worse than the original JV?
    Yeah, Id like to know, as well. C'mon people!

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Bought this blind today. They didn't have a tester for it. Actually when I asked if I could sample it, the SA picked up a tester of the original John Varvatos and started spraying it on a card. I had to explain to her that it was actually a different scent altogether.

She said rather abrupty, "Well, how about you just buy it then?" (which could maybe considered rude, but I think she was gauging my personality and knew that I could take the attitude)

So I replied, "Let's do it."

I got out in my car and opened the box. Big box too. The bottle is maybe not quite as nice as it looks in the photos. In the pics it looks somewhat like brushed stainless steel-- the actual bottle is (I think) a kind of silver paint colored glass.

I sprayed some on and it's very unusual. Like the other reviews have said, it's really unique compared to other mainstream releases. I get the patchouli and cinnamon immediately. I find this one very hard to peg. It changes a lot over its drydown and it smells different sniffing directly on the arm than it does pulling my collar over my nose and inhaling. Sniffing my arm, it's kind of a dry, yet creamy patchouli scent with very little sweetness. Putting my nose under my collar and inhaling from my chest, I get a very warm leathery scent similar to DK Fuel for Men. As it goes on, I get a dry almost bittersweet dark fruity accord that plays along with a vetiver note. Something about this scent smells like chocolate milk, even though there's no chocolate here. I do think it has hints of oriental womens' perfumes that float through it every now and then, but it remains woody and masculine.

I initially found Vintage to be very hard to get a grasp on at first also, so I think I'm going to grow to really like this one as well, given a few wearings. I've found that the perfumes of Flores-Roux are often very complex compositions that seem muddled and jumbled the first time you try them, but later reveal a lot of harmony.
    you shouldve returned it to that SA for kicks n giggles =]

I'm very interested in trying this. Wish I knew about it when I was at Macy's yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrussie View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm getting 5-6 hours of projection before it becomes a skin scent - and that lasts for up to 10 hours. Even more if it's sprayed on my chest and that same shirt is on. I can't say the same for Vintage (4-5 hours total) or Artisan/Artisan Black (around ~4 hours total, if that).

Count me in as one who thinks patchouli, by itself, has an old man/lady feel to it. I don't mind frags with patchouli as part of a more complex scent. But when it's the dominant note, it's not for me.
    Indeed. I'll give it a shot, but if patchouli is front and center, count me out. That's one of my biggest issues with A*Men.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Better than any other Varvatos scent concerning longevity and projection. Actual numbers will vary by skin type and weather (humidity, heat, wind) but overall expect 8hrs, and 2 feet max of projection.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    Better than any other Varvatos scent concerning longevity and projection. Actual numbers will vary by skin type and weather (humidity, heat, wind) but overall expect 8hrs, and 2 feet max of projection.
    I like this one as well for longevity and projection, although I will need more samplings. I tested it out in the store and came away somewhat pleased. Different at the top ( in a good way), although the overall dry down is good ( but not great). But who knows, if its good now, it may become great. Hard to say. I admire the team behind this scent for putting out something decent.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !