Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New L'Artisan!! Traversee du Bosphore

This bottle literally just arrived an hour ago from the post office. It was a semi-blind buy, as I've only briefly sniffed it once before.

As of now, I am pretty pleased with this. The reviews are pretty spot on. Can't wait to give this a full wearing.

For any fans of Canali Black Diamond, this reminds me somewhat of that scent: sweet fruit with a suede-like leather. There are big differences too, but Traversee du Bosphore is reminiscent of a more complex, exotic version of Black Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    it certainly is dear primrose.

the sheer complexity is mesmerizing. The way it weaves in and out of a suede like leather then some tobacco and then a but of rahat loqoum (Turkish delight).

you've inspired me to wear it tomorrow.
    Dear Hedonist, I must try this! As I enjoy Chergui and the fruity spices of SL scents, I must sample this.

Enjoy it as your SOTD!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Dear Hedonist, I must try this! As I enjoy Chergui and the fruity spices of SL scents, I must sample this.

Enjoy it as your SOTD!
    Imagine the SLs to be real authentic Sichuan food. Heavy, intense. Nothing held back.
    TdB is a fusion food of Sichuan. Everything is there but slightly tweaked to appeal to most but cooked by an award winning chef using the most authentic ingredients.

for swap/sale:

I really enjoy this one. It's the definition of mouthwatering, more so than any other I've smelled.

I have to say, this one is really growing on me. One of my favorite L'Artisan's, up there with Fou d'Absinthe, Al Oudh, Dzing, Dzongka.

actually it smells very feminine (think "ysl baby doll" feminine) - had a test yesterday. Tulips-check, apple-check, pistacchio - check, turkish delight - check, powder - check, sugar, tons of sugar - check