Code of Conduct

Thread: Gucci Nobile

Default Gucci Nobile

There is an old pharmacy down the street here and they have all kinds of scents....from new stuff to Yatagan and other Carons to stuff like 4711. Anyways they have Nobile. Is this still considered discontinued? If so I may grab it
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Gucci Nobile

I'm fairly certain that it is still considered discontinued. I would go ahead and grab it if I were you, I love discontinued scents
    Who Else Loves Discontinued Perfumes?

it's a wonderful scent, ahead of it's time. and yes, it was rare, up until Xmen appeared on scene

I'll nab it then. It is fully encased, plastic wrap and all. This is a legit store. Good to know. Thanks. I'll have to keep scouring their shelves because they have all kinds of stuff from Canoe to Caron PH.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

It`s not only discontinued, it`s also hard to find and reached absurd prices. So if you found one for a resonable price, buy it - even if you don`t like you`ll be able to sell it or swap it for something interesting.
    Gucci Nobile is very green, woody, and has something slightly sweet and coumarinic on it. My whole impression was of a big vetiver note with lavender, clove, some vanilla and fava tonka

i have half a bottle sitting on the shelf... i never wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    There is an old pharmacy down the street here and they have all kinds of scents....from new stuff to Yatagan and other Carons to stuff like 4711. Anyways they have Nobile...
    OMG, sounds like a dream...

This is a rare find. It is a superb scent, a bit old-school in weight but just lovely. Apply in small doses until you learn what works for you. But you have really stumbled upon a treasure here.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Just got it. Their last bottle.$39.50 for a 2.0. Pic coming
    --Ben Hogan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A great find! Nobile is a wonderful frag.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Here is the stuff. Haven't opened it yet

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Insanely great score! Congrats! It's so hard to find, and so classic...
    Last edited by JaimeB; 30th October 2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Basenotes Institution

You lucky dog. Enjoy it in good health, one of Gucci's best.

Gucci Nobile was a lean, green aromatic of the first order. Nice find.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Yes, the picture shows the real deal. A stone-cold bargoon. Well done.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

The Nobile I found is in a travel size purse spray (20, 25ml?) but havent bought it yet...smells too much like first-issue Havana to me on first test. Still there when I saw it last though.

Good job on this though. Love scouring the mom and pop stores as well. Corner and bottom shelves can hold a treasure trove of stuff

Score ahoy! Comgratulations!

That's quite a deal. I'd say you've got it for 1/3rd the normal prevailing price.

I've got a bottle too but I think it can get a boot anytime soon during my current clearout fit.

So this stuff is awesome. Last night I unwrapped the plastic and opened the box. I could already get a nice stale smoke smell even though there were no leaks and it hadn't been used. Before bed I sprayed a kleenex and right away it was a burst of green. Loved it. It had an 80s feel but not harsh. I left the kleenex until this morning. When I woke up and smelled it there was a beautiful woodsy green scent. So this morning before work I sprayed a mist to walk through and did the same with a wrist. This was close to what I remember Lauder for Men being before they ruined it. The difference here is there is no harshness in the initial burst. Right now it is developing nicely on my skin and I keep getting this clean whiff here and there.
    --Ben Hogan

40 bucks for 60ml? You found an amazing deal Congrats!

Hey, I love Gucci Nobile so much, I would consider suggesting Gucci- provided that customer opinions and reviews were more effectual- to re-release this fragrance

How lucky to have such a store near you! You are one lucky dude!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    How lucky to have such a store near you! You are one lucky dude!
    Yeah it is a strange little set up too. 2-3 locked glass cases and then an open shelf. The first case is more recent stuff but some of it is random. Like no Cool Water but a CW flanker. A mix of really recent and recent enough. Then the second case is Caron up top with Caron pour un homme EDT and Yatagan. This is where I found the Nobile. Next case is things like Canoe and many After-shave/cologne type scents. The open shelves have 4711 and other cologne/aftershaves too. I'll have to take pics to see if I'm missing something.
    --Ben Hogan

Yeah it is a strange little set up too. 2-3 locked glass cases and then an open shelf. The first case is more recent stuff but some of it is random. Like no Cool Water but a CW flanker. A mix of really recent and recent enough. Then the second case is Caron up top with Caron pour un homme EDT and Yatagan. This is where I found the Nobile. Next case is things like Canoe and many After-shave/cologne type scents. The open shelves have 4711 and other cologne/aftershaves too. I'll have to take pics to see if I'm missing something.

That Yatagan could be a vintage bottle, in a store like this.

i just put my bottle up on ebay. bye bye nobile. hello yatagan!

Dang! I was going to ask you to pick me up one. I would have gladly compensated you. Ah well.

One of my favorite classics
    I wish Gucci would bring it back
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Can you tell me where you bought the Gucci? I'm almost out and would like to get some while it is still available in town.

Many thanks.

Hey guys, thinking of investing in a 30ml bottle. Quite suspicious of the bottle cap though, the seller says it's a 30ml travel spray and it looks like this, very different from the images shown on Google. Does anyone know if this is legit? Or if it's some kind of vintage spray cap?

I believe that there were two different types of sprayer, this being the older style of the two. The newer bottles had sprayers with detachable caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Hey guys, thinking of investing in a 30ml bottle. Quite suspicious of the bottle cap though, the seller says it's a 30ml travel spray and it looks like this, very different from the images shown on Google. Does anyone know if this is legit? Or if it's some kind of vintage spray cap?

Yep, this was similar to what I had in 1989.