Code of Conduct

Default Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

All the interest,all the discussions took place while the items were discontinued.So many prayers for a relaunch.Absurd prices for items sold online.And then,both fragrances were re-released.With their formulas being left (almost) untouched/unchanged.A blessing indeed!The initial frenzy lasted for so little time and both scents sunk (well,almost) into oblivion...
    Any logical expanation,my fellow Basenoters?
    Should Pure Malt be the next victim of the curse?
    Cheers!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

I have DK Fuel in its original packaging; it's a shame it wasn't re-released as such.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

DK Fuel was one of the first frags (if not the first - I'll leave that to the historians) to use that delicious pipe tobacco accord. But, in the time since then, others have come along and used it better (Tobacco Vanille, Ambre Narguille, Back To Black, etc), which has left Fuel smelling a little thin in comparison. That being said, is it available again???

I've wondered that about Havanna, too.

In the same vein, I finally got to try discontinued holy grail Patou Pour Homme Prive and I didn't like it at all. If it ever did get brought back, I think a few hardcore collectors would be unbelievably happy while most people would sniff it and just think "yuck, it smells old."
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    DK Fuel was one of the first frags (if not the first - I'll leave that to the historians) to use that delicious pipe tobacco accord. But, in the time since then, others have come along and used it better (Tobacco Vanille, Ambre Narguille, Back To Black, etc), which has left Fuel smelling a little thin in comparison. That being said, is it available again???

I've wondered that about Havanna, too.

In the same vein, I finally got to try discontinued holy grail Patou Pour Homme Prive and I didn't like it at all. If it ever did get brought back, I think a few hardcore collectors would be unbelievably happy while most people would sniff it and just think "yuck, it smells old."
    Yes sir. I have a bottle of the re-issue that came out a little over a year ago (I think). It's got a completely different bottle now, and was initially sold at 85$, which has apparently been bumped up to 95$. It's sold at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Link: DK Fuel
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

The Fuel reissue is a bit more lipsticky than I recall the original being. But beyond those topnotes, its the same great scent I recall.

Me too. While I do think it was a very nice scent, I think it would fall very flat with the average consumer.

Wow, wow, wow. DK Fuel re-released? THANK YOU GOOD SIR, I'm sad the nice bottle is gone, I hope my dad still has his so I can refill it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Yes sir. I have a bottle of the re-issue that came out a little over a year ago (I think). It's got a completely different bottle now, and was initially sold at 85$, which has apparently been bumped up to 95$. It's sold at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Link: DK Fuel
    That's so embarrassing - It never even occurred to me that the new bottle was the same scent...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

That's so embarrassing - It never even occurred to me that the new bottle was the same scent...
    Me neither, the new bottles look pussified.