Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    All the interest,all the discussions took place while the items were discontinued.So many prayers for a relaunch.Absurd prices for items sold online.And then,both fragrances were re-released.With their formulas being left (almost) untouched/unchanged.A blessing indeed!The initial frenzy lasted for so little time and both scents sunk (well,almost) into oblivion...
    Any logical expanation,my fellow Basenoters?
    Should Pure Malt be the next victim of the curse?
    Cheers!
    It's never too late to mend.

    WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

  2. #2

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    I have DK Fuel in its original packaging; it's a shame it wasn't re-released as such.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

  3. #3
    rogalal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, California
    Posts
    3,378
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    DK Fuel was one of the first frags (if not the first - I'll leave that to the historians) to use that delicious pipe tobacco accord. But, in the time since then, others have come along and used it better (Tobacco Vanille, Ambre Narguille, Back To Black, etc), which has left Fuel smelling a little thin in comparison. That being said, is it available again???

    I've wondered that about Havanna, too.

    In the same vein, I finally got to try discontinued holy grail Patou Pour Homme Prive and I didn't like it at all. If it ever did get brought back, I think a few hardcore collectors would be unbelievably happy while most people would sniff it and just think "yuck, it smells old."
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

  4. #4

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    DK Fuel was one of the first frags (if not the first - I'll leave that to the historians) to use that delicious pipe tobacco accord. But, in the time since then, others have come along and used it better (Tobacco Vanille, Ambre Narguille, Back To Black, etc), which has left Fuel smelling a little thin in comparison. That being said, is it available again???

    I've wondered that about Havanna, too.

    In the same vein, I finally got to try discontinued holy grail Patou Pour Homme Prive and I didn't like it at all. If it ever did get brought back, I think a few hardcore collectors would be unbelievably happy while most people would sniff it and just think "yuck, it smells old."
    Yes sir. I have a bottle of the re-issue that came out a little over a year ago (I think). It's got a completely different bottle now, and was initially sold at 85$, which has apparently been bumped up to 95$. It's sold at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Link: DK Fuel
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  5. #5

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    The Fuel reissue is a bit more lipsticky than I recall the original being. But beyond those topnotes, its the same great scent I recall.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    In the same vein, I finally got to try discontinued holy grail Patou Pour Homme Prive and I didn't like it at all. If it ever did get brought back, I think a few hardcore collectors would be unbelievably happy while most people would sniff it and just think "yuck, it smells old."
    Me too. While I do think it was a very nice scent, I think it would fall very flat with the average consumer.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    Wow, wow, wow. DK Fuel re-released? THANK YOU GOOD SIR, I'm sad the nice bottle is gone, I hope my dad still has his so I can refill it.

  8. #8
    rogalal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, California
    Posts
    3,378
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Yes sir. I have a bottle of the re-issue that came out a little over a year ago (I think). It's got a completely different bottle now, and was initially sold at 85$, which has apparently been bumped up to 95$. It's sold at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Link: DK Fuel
    That's so embarrassing - It never even occurred to me that the new bottle was the same scent...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

  9. #9

    Default Re: Faded love: reissued DK Fuel For Men vs. reissued Aramis Havana.But why?

    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    That's so embarrassing - It never even occurred to me that the new bottle was the same scent...
    Me neither, the new bottles look pussified.

Similar Threads

  1. Habit Rouge L'Extrait reissued this autumn
    By Mr. G in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31st March 2011, 07:52 PM
  2. Which Vintage Guerlains would you like to be reissued?
    By rickbr in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th April 2010, 12:25 AM
  3. Faberge Woodhue reissued?
    By AromiErotici in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th February 2009, 02:24 PM
  4. ISPAHAN - Yves Rocher (reissued)
    By Nukapai in forum Missing Fragrances List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd July 2008, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000