Code of Conduct

Default What are some fragrances you love so much that you dont wear it often so it lasts lnger?

What are some fragrances you love so much that you dont wear it often so the bottle lasts longer?

Default Re: What are some fragrances you love so much that you dont wear it often so it lasts longer?

Just 3: Polo Green, JPG Le Male, and Gendarme. It's kinda weird that it's those three because they're solidly department store price point fragrances. Amouage Reflection Man I use almost with abandon. Same with Old Spice, The One, and La Nuit De L'Homme. For whatever reason, those 3 get the ''special treatment'' and thus are less used. I think it's because each is emotionally attached to rather special, life changing moments in life.

Default Re: What are some fragrances you love so much that you dont wear it often so it lasts longer?

vintage tabarome.

Don't save your favorites. Wear them.
    Spray it, dont say it
    WARDROBE

Balafre & Gengis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Don't save your favorites. Wear them.
    I tend to agree with this. I love my Vintage Tabarome, but there's no point in not wearing whenever I want until it's gone. By then I should be onto something else.

No one gets out alive. I don't want my last words to be "but I still have an ounce of Tabarome."

I save my bottle of Chanel No. 5 Eau Premier because it was a gift from my students and it's so sentimental to me that I want to keep it because it always makes me smile and think of them. I also save a vintage bottle of my grandma's Chanel No. 5 that she used to keep on her dresser. I only wear it on her birthday every year and when I really really miss her.

Blog Entries

My precious vintage bottle of Magie Noire. My preeeeeeeeciouuuuusssss!!!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, at 110 for 50ml im saving the sucker! but it works out as i only need 2 sprays max, so its worth the money IMO

None, currently. I'll even wear my Amouage's to bed if the mood strikes me (and I am on a student's income!). I once calculated out the approximate cost per spray of Lyric Man and it came to a mere 18 cents per spray, and it's a one spray scent for me. 18 cents for 10+ hours of enjoyment is very inexpensive, in my opinion, and so I don't hesitate to enjoy it whenever I'm in the mood for it.

The only time I'd intentionally save a scent is one that is discontinued and impossible to find. If I can get more, what's to worry about?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

None! I wear my favorites more often, not less often. Fragrances don't generally improve with age.

I have so many fragrances that I haven't actually finished a bottle in years (and I have backups of my very favorites that were discontinued.)

When I eventually get down to the bottom of a bottle that I don't plan to replace, I may save a couple of ml. for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, at 110 for 50ml im saving the sucker! but it works out as i only need 2 sprays max, so its worth the money IMO
    Doing the same with Vetiver Tonka, which I passionately love, but some 140 quid for 100 ml is a bit of money... So, not very liberal when spraying. A friend of mine was literally using drops of the now mithycal Davidoff Relax!
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Creed's Bois De Portugal

My Amouage Homage and Tribute Attars , such an extravagant purchase has to last especially in a 12ml bottle , its very precious to me . And my Labdanum 18 that I love so much ......

my vintage verisons of Aramis Havana, Ungaro I, II & III.

L'ombre Dans L'eau by Diptyque

I usually wait for a little occasion or for the right mood to "open" my most recent expensive or rare purchase, sort of like wine, eh? After that, I don't care. If I love a fragrance so much I have a backup (or should!) that I never have to worry about using it to often.

I don't have any discontinued or rare fragrances, except Narciso Rodriguez for him MUSC, which isn't rare either but it's a limited edition. The other one is Ambre Precieux vintage, but I think my 4 bottles will last me long enough, especially when I keep buying the newer bottles just not to use the older ones xD. Than that, I don't have something super rare like vintage tabarome, or a vintage that's very expensive and smells much better than the current version, or a really really expensive bottle. If I do, I'd probably wear those little.

Armani Eau pour Homme, in fact, it's delight for me to stock up spare unopened boxes and bottles of this one

Basenotes Institution

Wearing my vintage perfumes is such a 'push - pull' thing with me. Reason says, it ain't gonna stay good forever so use well and enjoy it. On the other hand, the Other Voice says that the vintage I have is expensive and it'll run out, so save it !
    I get by between the two but I make sure not one drop is wasted.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

My vintage bottles ( 2 of each one) of Monsieur Carven , Vent Vert Balmain & KL homme Lagerfeld

Allure homme sport

Orris by Andy Tauer, because once it's gone I won't find any on e-bay-- like some
    old Carons and Guerlains that with patience (and thick wallet) can be found.

Default Re: What are some fragrances you love so much that you dont wear it often so it lasts lnger?

The exact opposite.
    The fragrances I love, I wear them often and heavily,
    to the point it necessitates buying huge amounts of my favorites.

Default Re: What are some fragrances you love so much that you dont wear it often so it lasts lnger?

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    The exact opposite.
    The fragrances I love, I wear them often and heavily,
    to the point it necessitates buying huge amounts of my favorites.
    I always love your takes on how much you should wear something, you got balls man. Today we live in a society where everything that remotely invades someones "personal space" is offensive and bad mannered.

I just completely lack the discipline.