Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vials or Atomizers?

So, a lot of samples I buy online often come in the small vials because the samples are so expensive (unless it's just like that at ThePerfumedCourt). I don't like to spend more than $6-7 per sample because I'm sampling so much right now. And because they're so pricey, I tend to only get 1-2ml samples, that come in the vials.

So my question is, does the perfume smell differently or wear differently when you apply it from a vial rather than an atomizer?

Also, are there any better sites to order samples from than ThePerfumedCourt?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vials or Atomizers?

Yes-- if the scent is one you would normally spray on, you'll get a truer picture of how it performs on your skin if you spray it on.

I buy empty atomizers and decant my vial samples into them. If I buy vial samples from Luckyscent, I order 2 of the same scent and put them both into a 2.5 ml plastic atomizer to test.

There is a wide assortment of atomizers of varying price points, sizes and materials (plastic/glass) at Accessories for Fragrances website. I buy the 2.5 ml and 3 ml sizes, which work out to about 49 cents each with shipping if I buy in bulk.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Their is certainly a difference between the two. I used to think otherwise. Until I began purchasing two of each sample and would try one from the vial and the other from the atomizer. The atomizer mixes the scent with air which in my opinion, awakens it. It tends to smell better on my skin from an atomizer.

Although I don't purchase samples, the ones I've received with purchases for me are much more enjoyable when they are mini atomizers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Although I don't purchase samples, the ones I've received with purchases for me are much more enjoyable when they are mini atomizers.
    Completely agree.