Code of Conduct

Default Parfumerie Generale in warm weather?

Can someone suggest a Parfumerie Generale fragrance that works best in the heat. Thanks!

Default Re: Parfumerie Generale in warm weather?

Of the several I've tried, Harmatan Noir. Dry dusty, minty top, vetiver.

The most obvious choice is Cologne Grand Siecle, in my opinion; an extremely fresh, light cologne-style citrus. Corps Et Ames is a dry, green, tart chypre that is perfectly good for warmth too. If you like florals, Tubereuse Couture is sweet but fresh and excellent. Most of his creations are created with a light touch, meaning most of the orientals I've tried are perfectly wearable in summer, too ( I specifically would recommend Bois Blond in this context ).

Parfumerie Generale - Cologne Grand Siecle No.7 EdT

Made with essential oils and natural extractions of lemon, tangerine, bitter orange, softened by wheat and plant extracts, cardamom, and exalted by a drop of Vetiver of exceptional extraction. The very first Eau de toilette wholly made from essential oils and natural extractions certified to be of organic quality by Ecocert. A must-have for citrus lovers!

Perfume notes:
    Head: Lemon, Tangerine, Bergamot, Wheat, Vetiver, Cardamom, Bitter Orange, Woods, herbal notes

My latest full bottle purchase from Parfumeries Generale was their new Papyrus de Ciane. This is a perfume that exemplifies the color, the idea, the feeling of green in all its facets. Fresh and silvery in the top, with mossy notes coming out in the middle, and a haunting bitter/leathery drydown. I've really enjoyed it in the warm weeks.

I reckon Cologne Grand Siecle would work wonderfully, though I found it a bit boring for me. L'Eau Guerriere would be my personal pick for wearing in the heat.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

Quite a number of them are a little challenging when it is really hot and humid. The ones that are most friendly in such warm settings, IMHO, are:

L’eau de Circe - feels like a "summer floral"
    Ilang Ivohibe - also feels like a "summer floral". If you're comfortable with wearing something very floral.
    Harmatan Noir
    Cuir Venenum - just apply lesser than usual. It can get quite candied-sweet when things warm up.
    L'Oiseau de Nuit - I kind of like how this amber blossoms during the really warm evenings. Though if you're not comfortable with ambers during warm weathers, this one you might not fancy.

I think the one that is most warm-weather-friendly of what I've tried is Harmatan Noir. I have not tried the entire line yet.
    Last edited by MFJ; 14th September 2010 at 10:30 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    My latest full bottle purchase from Parfumeries Generale was their new Papyrus de Ciane. This is a perfume that exemplifies the color, the idea, the feeling of green in all its facets. Fresh and silvery in the top, with mossy notes coming out in the middle, and a haunting bitter/leathery drydown. I've really enjoyed it in the warm weeks.
    This one works well in the warm weather for me also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yuzu Ab Irato 09 is an often overlooked summer gem.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."