Code of Conduct

Exclamation Sartorial -- new fragrance from Penhaligon's

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/09/13...new-fragrance/

This sounds really nice.
    I absolutely love beeswax.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Sartorial -- new fragrance from Penhaligon's

I was super geeked about this when i first heard about it. Still pretty exited but that note list has me skeptical, especially "honey effect", and "metallic effect". Will keep em peeled for a release date.

I don't like honey/beeswax...unless it's mixed with something like tobacco! and surprisingly it seems to be the case here. Is there a release date?

Basenotes Institution

Supposed to be released in October.

Looking forward to smelling this also.

I remain open to this, though it does sound a bit like Penhaligons meets Comme des Garcons (metallic effect, ozonic effect). The concept is OK, but does it convey a pleasing package? Time will tell.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I've been fortunate enough to smell early versions of this. Of the three early incarnations I smelt, one was head and shoulders above the rest and it is apparently this one that is closest to what is going to be the final version.

If they do indeed decide on a formulation close to the one I smelled, then what we can expect is a very elegant and distinctive fragrance for men, which is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. In the early versions they were still experimenting with the beeswax note, which was indeed present and combined well with a suitably expensive smelling scent.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to smell early versions of this. Of the three early incarnations I smelt, one was head and shoulders above the rest and it is apparently this one that is closest to what is going to be the final version.

If they do indeed decide on a formulation close to the one I smelled, then what we can expect is a very elegant and distinctive fragrance for men, which is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. In the early versions they were still experimenting with the beeswax note, which was indeed present and combined well with a suitably expensive smelling scent.
    Was the beeswax note anything like the one in Moss Breches by Tom Ford (which I love)?

Erm,rather irrelevant,but a Sartoriale from Pal Zileri is already launched...(a Gucci's Rush clone,if you ask me ).
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I've been lucky enough to smell Sartorial on a mouillette at Pitti fragranze the last weekend and the first impression was good. It's indeed metallic and green in the opening but I don't recall it to be ozonic in a marine way at all, but in a cold way. Then it warms up definitely to something complex. I will have to smell it on skin and give it time to see how it works.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 15th September 2010 at 04:51 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I'm wondering why they threw in a metallic accord in this scent? Was it supposed to conjure up the smell of a razor?

Oh, my! Another dandy scent. I think the "sartorial" inspiration is interesting.

How the smell of a bespoke clothier can be interpreted into a scent will be something worth trying. I think of wood panels and coffered ceilings, tailors' chalk and woolen goods, the smell of subtle tobacco and leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm wondering why they threw in a metallic accord in this scent? Was it supposed to conjure up the smell of a razor?
    It reminded me more of the sensation of needles and pins, very bright and a little bit stingy

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Erm,rather irrelevant,but a Sartoriale from Pal Zileri is already launched...(a Gucci's Rush clone,if you ask me ).
    I like pal Zileri Sartoriale, and it's smooth, soft smell of Sandalwood incense. But I recently found another scent, which, like the Zileri, I'm on the fence on whether to keep it or not, one which is basically a super-strength version of the Zileri Sartoriale, losing none of the softness of thew Incense when it gains strength....City Tower by Jacques Bogart.

Here's to hoping the "2nd Sartoriale" is a masterpiece for Penhaligon's.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    It reminded me more of the sensation of needles and pins, very bright and a little bit stingy
    oh no.

I want to sample this also.....Gary

Bertrand Duchaufour behind this one??? Bring it on! The list of notes seems wild. I see the word LEATHER in there, so I'm down for this one! I've only sampled Quercus, Elixir, and Malabah, and well, I don't care about them. This Sartorial could be very interesting though!

Here are a couple of snaps taken at Pitti last week of the new Sartorial packaging range, and also the latest two scents in the Anthology line; Zizonia and Jubilee Bouquet.

Zizonia is stunning, I've been wearing it for the last couple of days.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Zizonia is stunning, I've been wearing it for the last couple of days.
    More info on this one pls!

I don't know the "ozone" note kind of scares me away from Sartorial

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I don't know the "ozone" note kind of scares me away from Sartorial
    Yeah, I saw that in the list of notes too, and that is the last thing I'm interested in smelling, but..... this one sounds promising.

i'm curious what excatly is the "ozone" note. I hear it mentioned but I just don't know what it smells like.

Fresh and airy, i.e. aquatic frags.

I look forward to trying this one, but some of the listed notes scare me just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I look forward to trying this one, but some of the listed notes scare me just a little.
    Yeah, the top sound just like what I hate - ozonic-aquatic metallic violets. Heart sounds interesting, base conventional. Hope I can get a whiff next week at Harrods.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Thankfully the opening is far from having the adg effect.
    I didn't feel the opening as a marine scent, no calone blasts at least. It's just metallic and green.

This one sounds nice. Hope there is a good tobacco note in there. We need more good tobacco fragrances .

why does such a classic house want to deal with ozonic-aquatic in their fragrances?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Me too.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread