Code of Conduct

Default Eau d'hermes for office wear??

I go very hot and cold with cumin centric scents... some days I think Eau d'Hermes is the best thing ever, other days I feel like the scent is just annoying me. Regardless its like nothing else I own or have smelled - and thats a good thing! Is this a good scent for office wear? or is it more of an indulgent scent that others around me may not appreciate??
    Last edited by Popgeer; 14th September 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Default Re: Eau d'hermes for office wear??

If you don't mind a female chiming in - I think of it as one of my "safest" scents, actually. I think it's totally appropriate any time, any place. The sweaty cumin-leather note is so soft that I don't even think anybody notices the suggestivity of this scent, except for us fume heads. Noone has ever complained.

Of course but not the parfum. Stick to the EdT ver. Awesome for for the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    Of course but not the parfum. Stick to the EdT ver. Awesome for for the office.
    There´s an EDP?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    There´s an EDP?
    No, I don't think there is. Only the EdT is on the Hermes website:

http://uk.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/stor...ARING&nbItem=0

That's also all I've seen in the Hermes shops.

In answer to the original question, I think it's fine for the office, as the drydown is quite soft and the sillage is controlled.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 14th September 2010 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta View Post
    If you don't mind a female chiming in - I think of it as one of my "safest" scents, actually. I think it's totally appropriate any time, any place. The sweaty cumin-leather note is so soft that I don't even think anybody notices the suggestivity of this scent, except for us fume heads. Noone has ever complained.
    Thanks Augusta - Great to get a female response as my concern has been more with female coworkers picking up the sweaty cumin notes....

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta View Post
    I agree with this 99%. And that missing 1% is only because I *might* feel a little odd while the initial topnotes are going strong. After that, totally versatile powdery scent with only the slightest animalic tendencies.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I have already wear it a during my working day, and my colleagues didn`t complain about this one. I prefer to wear it in winter tough

I have felt free thus far to wear whatever I want at work, but that may not be prudent.

You may smell a tad poofy, though...

One of my favorites; I think it is appropriate almost anywhere, anytime. I second the advice on its topnotes, they do last awhile and it may be better to apply it before you get to the office.

I've worn Eau d'Hermes in any number of different situations, business/office ones included. It's one of my scents that never get put away for any seasonal reasons, as I find it works in hot or cold, humid or dry. It just suits me, I guess, and expresses something about me personally that seems right all around. The only caveat I observe is that the beginning 15 minutes or so are very pungently spicy on me - not anything at all pumpkin-pie or foody, but an incredibly forceful, sharp cardamom/citrus combo. The softening of this scent takes about an hour on me all told. At the end of the heart and into the drydown, it settles into a combination of leather, spice and fainter citrus. I love all its stages, but I do take care not to splash or spray a fresh dose of Eau d'Hermes in close quarters because of the blast at the top.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Popgeer View Post
    Is this a good scent for office wear?
    Sure. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    You may smell a tad poofy, though...
    Poofy meaning inflated?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Isn't it interesting how differently fragrances can be interpreted? I think of Eau d'Hermes as being forcefully masculine, yet we can see in this thread that at least one woman wears it often and another poster thinks it's poofy. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with this and I think a lot of people do. It seems some of the most beloved fragrances are also the most reviled, like Angel/A*Men. I would be concerned about wearing this at work because people who don't like it think it really stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    Isn't it interesting how differently fragrances can be interpreted? I think of Eau d'Hermes as being forcefully masculine, yet we can see in this thread that at least one woman wears it often and another poster thinks it's poofy. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with this and I think a lot of people do. It seems some of the most beloved fragrances are also the most reviled, like Angel/A*Men. I would be concerned about wearing this at work because people who don't like it think it really stinks!
    Well said, sir, well said! I agree, though for some unexplainable reason I think of EdH as being forcefully feminine for this day and time...which proves your point, really.