Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down Fragrancex scam's

I am really angry with this company: after innumerable complaints, they always send the same e-mail as if I were an idiot:

"Please note your order was shipped on August 12th by postal airmail service and is in transit.

Airmail is a great inexpensive service from the postal service, however it has limited tracking at this time.

Some shipments may be delayed by security with customs and we apologize for this delay. Your package is on the way and will arrive soon. We appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you again soon. "

I'm in Spain and I wonder if there is any legal way to claim my money back to their negligence in sending the product.

Is not a lot of money but I feel stupid and helpless .

Default Re: Fragrancex scam's

mala suerte amigo, dont they have a telephone number?
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

One package from the US also took 2 months to get to me (Philippines)... and it magically arrived in my doorsteps, still waiting on one that's taking 2 and a half months now.... I Guess there's almost no hope for that to arrive, but meh.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Oy...that's a bit excessive.

I already bought from them and received. Also know many other people that received too.
    For how much time are you waiting?

Prolly 2months ? It arrived in australia in 2 weeks for me Call them up ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

for me it always takes exactly 12 days to arrive in The Netherlands.
    Ordered 10+ bottles from them. Good company in my opinion.

I don't think it's the U.S. or FragranceX's end. It's your country mail delivery system (receiving end for International Mail). I have friends who send things to Vietnam and it usually takes about a month and a half for some items. But it only takes a week for a package from VN to get to the U.S.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke; 16th October 2009 at 02:33 PM.

It's been 2 months since the shipment.
    I'd say it has been "lost" in the postal company.

Maybe you could contact the postal company instead of Fragrancex?

Anyway the package still might show up when you least expect it

I'm sorry, I forgot u already mentioned when it was shipped.
    Well, for me, here in Brazil, most things that comes from US takes like 1 month, more or less. But sometimes a package can take like 6 months to arrive, for any unknown reason. I hope this is your case and you receive it.
    I dont know any method to have your refund, sorry. But dont give up on emailing them, I think they are just giving it a little more time, to considere it "lost" and giving you your refund.

are you sure it's not a customs related issue..? i have never faced issues with fragrancex..

Politely butting in... It IS a matter of customs... Call Correos and ask them whether the parcel is stuck there... It happened to me a lot when I was living there...

I have waited 6 weeks to two months for fragrancex parcels in the UK. They have always come through in the end.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Have purchased from Fragrancex many times with no difficulties and always received fantastic service. Shipping to Ireland generally takes 10-14 days, reasonable IMHO, and a time I'm quite willing to wait for free delivery.

Bought from Fragrance X three times: first two, the shipments took three weeks to arrive. The last one is taking more than a month and a half.

I know it is not Fragrance X's fault, so I am thinking about contacting the local postal system and / or customs.

At last resort, you may be able to file a claim with your bank to get any money back, if you feel you paid for something that's never going to arrive. They may be able to give you provisional credit while they research the matter; of course, the bank will expect that money returned if you actually receive the item (and they will be notified). It looks like it's pretty normal for very slow delivery times coming to your country, though...sorry!
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

FragranceX's customer service is just horrendous. Please don't expect much from them.
    They think that their 'Free Worldwide Shipping' absolves them from providing customer satisfaction.

Of course they must have shipped your package and that's what they are sticking with.

You could probably have some customs issue in Spain as shipping of fragrances to Spain & Italy can sometimes be intercepted at the borders by the customs authorities. I am not sure what the system is i.e. if you are sent a note or something from them, informing you that you had a package and that it's been withheld by the customs.

Your only hope, I am afraid is to wait for it to be delivered. If it does not, you can then file a dispute with Paypal (if you paid through paypal) or get in touch with your credit card issuer to dispute that charge.

G'luck.

Sorry to bump up an old thread.

I lost a package (well, it just didn't come through) from Fragrancex once.

Ever since, I've started Google Checkout to pay them. Recently, the same thing happened (though the cologne was a cheapie), and I filed a complaint with Google Checkout and they gave me a refund. For high value stuff, it's better that you use a shipping method with tracking information AND pay through Google Checkout or Paypal, so you'll get your money back just in case something goes wrong.

I have ordered from Fragrancex more than sixty times, and only once a package with a rather cheap frag never arrived. Else, not one single problem, I have always received just what I have ordered, so I never felt the need to contact them. The delivery time varies a lot, though...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Torvo View Post
    I am really angry with this company: after innumerable complaints, they always send the same e-mail...
    I've just had the exact same experience. Three months after an order, nothing received. Their Customer Care resources are useless. They won't have my money again. Never.
    Last edited by Freedom Factory; 30th March 2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo

Their prices are good but due to the excessive postage times & abyssmal service I'd prefer to use Strawberry net, or risk using Ebay.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 1st April 2010 at 01:12 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have had several transactions with FragranceX. No problem.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I like Fragrancenet.com.

When buying with Fragrancex, try and pay through Google Checkout. Thus you can claim your money back

I ordered L'Anarchiste from Fragrancex. They sent me an email stating that they've shipped my item. A month later, nothing arrives and they conveniently ignore all my emails. I claim my money back with Google checkout (thanks a lot to Google checkout).

Later, they send me an email stating that L'Anarchiste is back in their stock and I order it again. History repeats itself.

I'll NEVER (all caps intentional), I mean NEVER order anything from Fragrancex again. It is just not worth my time - if I order something, I want it - I don't want to do the drama of writing emails and seeking refunds.

From now, I'd use strawberry net or something else, even though they may be pricier.
    Last edited by HammerFist; 29th April 2010 at 06:59 AM.

Here's another feedback about this company, if it can be called that.

I frequently buy things internationally and I've never encountered such a ridiculous experience.
    While they state that the parcel should arrive in 7-12 days, it's been 40 days since my orders were "shipped".
    I don't believe they were shipped at all.

This is not a customs issue, Turkish customs is glad to take my money if they have the right and at any rate they quickly dispose of (by delivering, thankfully) what they can't charge. I don't suppose any other customs with the tiniest bit of sense would do otherwise.

Theirs is not a clever business plan if they are honest. It's not that expensive to get at least a certificate of mailing. What they can scrounge by this method should be hugely overshadowed by loss of customers. It's never a good marketing strategy. I very much doubt that they are honest.

Oh, and their customer service sucks balls.

I don't advise buying from them. I wouldn't be this careless if they weren't in basenotes directory links. The marginal gain you may have, is not worth the risk.

Avoid.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 27th May 2010 at 12:16 AM.

I am waiting on two separate packages form FragranceX, one shipped on May 4th and one on May 7th. I have been waiting for four weeks now......I doubt BOTH got lost on the way! I will give it a few more days before I lodge a paypal dispute. For those of you who have received packages from FragranceX how long is the longest you've had to wait?

for me, it takes usually 4-6 weeks for the package to arrive

Takes a long time for me as well.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

NEVER and EVER buy any product from FRAGRANCEX.COM
    You can read some complaints about that ***ing fraud site.. I have bought lots of perfumes from them but when the last order (was including 3 different perfumes) has not arrived for years i also made a comment on complaint board..Think twice before buying from FRAGRANCEX...

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...t=datea&page=1

- They do not reply any of your e-mail,
    - They do not send the fragrances eventhough they collect the money from your credit card,
    - Somehow they have never and ever any tracking number,
    - They are careless & arrogant,
    - They are not able to provide proof of delivery even if you ask for it,
    - support@fragrancex.com is totally useless e-mail,
    - They always keep telling "please be patient and your order is on the way"

I think they need to change their shipping info!!! Estimated delivery time: 4 weeks - infinity!
    I emailed them and specifically asked for a non-automated reply and what did I get? ... an automated reply!!!
    I am hoping for the best on the orders I have already made but will never use them again.

I have ordered from them once before in Oct last year, can't remember how long it took but it did get here in the end..

Saying that I also ordered something on April 30th this year and I'm still waiting. Paypal has a 45 day limit for disputes to be started after the purchase date, so I'm planning on doing that if I haven't received anything by the end of next week. Oluca, I'd suggest you do the same seeing as you used paypal.

Yup, I'll definitely be doing the same. Thank god for paypal!

I bought perfume from fragrancex about two months ago but no show. They just said "please wait".

It sometimes took a few weeks for a package to arrive when there was no problem.

Last year I had a problem against fragrancex but it was solved and they refunded me.

But this year, I bought a few times there, I have not received any package from them.
    I could guess maybe it's because I didn't use paypal or google checkout? (If you buy from them, don't use your credit card!)

I wil NEVER buy anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I have waited 6 weeks to two months for fragrancex parcels in the UK. They have always come through in the end.
    This problem must be unique to out-of-the-U.S. orders. I can only chalk this up to foreign customs and postal services.

In the USA, domestic service is reliable and usu. arrives in one week, depending on the location in the continental U.S. Their packaging is not always the best, but I have never had any problems with domestic orders.
    Last edited by Primrose; 7th June 2010 at 08:32 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

If they "can not" serve internationally they should just serve to US customers then.
    I have bought from abroad countless times with no problems.
    if the problem was just on the customs and postal services, this wouldn't be my first such bad experience, and I would stick to local shops.
    that is not the case.

there is no excuse for this kind of multiple layered bullshit. All I got out of ordering from them is anger and minus 160 dollars.
    ridiculous.

by the way I already received the order I placed from strawberrynet after I posted here.

Default FragranceX.com yo

Is it trustworthy? I'm located in Hong Kong. It's got a pretty shitty rating on www.complaintsboard.com...but it's the only website with free worldwide shipping. How long would the order take? Site says 7-12 days, Basenoters say no?

Default Re: FragranceX.com yo

My advice is to look for another shop. Many Thais have not received their orders. If the order would ever reach you, it could take from 8 - 50 days.

Also, be careful about the customs duty. They declare the real value on the package. They used to put $15 even there are 5 bottles, but now they don't do that anymore.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Duplicate
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 10th June 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Exclamation Re: FragranceX.com yo

Never buy anything from them, unless you want take the risk of loose your money if they loose the package.

My experience:

1. August 2009 buyed a 100 ml. bottle of "Encre Noire"

2. A lot of complaint e-mails, they always answered the same standard formula: "Dear costumer, we appreciate your bussiness... your order is on transit..."

3. Right now I'm still waiting the bottle.

FragranceX is located in the U.S. as a discount fragrance e-tailer. The poor service you describe is often a result of customs and the issue of parcels delivered to another country. This is common when ordering overseas. I have had good domestic service with these e-tailers, fo the most part.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

agree with Torvo and Kiatbkk..
    beautyencounter.com and parfumsraffy.com are quite reliable..
    you can check the comments and complaints about fragrancex.com here ;
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...ex-c83644.html

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongguy View Post
    Is it trustworthy? I'm located in Hong Kong. It's got a pretty shitty rating on www.complaintsboard.com...but it's the only website with free worldwide shipping. How long would the order take? Site says 7-12 days, Basenoters say no?
    I bought like 10 times from them, never had a problem.. The last time was 8 weeks ago and never received my order altough the money was payed... Send a mail but never got an answer... So never will order again..

Shame that not so many good fragrance shops online from America don't deliver to Europe...

I'm in Canada and only bought one bottle so far from them, earlier this year, and there were no problems.

I ordered a bottle of Un Jardin sur le nil.
    hasn't arrived after 8 weeks, so I filed a complaint at paypal.
    If recieved my money back, so that's nice, and maybe the package will still arrive... how knows

free shipping is not that free when you don't get anything in the end.
    not recommended.

I'd like to add that I started buying from them in 2006. I find that from 2006 - early 2008 they were good. But then they changed the international shipping courier, which took longer and more risk of the loss. I stopped buying from them a long time ago, but some people I know still do and have yet to get their packages. This happened in 2009 and 2010.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    I bought like 10 times from them, never had a problem.. The last time was 8 weeks ago and never received my order altough the money was payed... Send a mail but never got an answer... So never will order again..

Shame that not so many good fragrance shops online from America don't deliver to Europe...
    This happened to me as well, I ordered from them many times in the past without problem, but my last two orders from 8 and 6 weeks ago still haven't arrived.
    Last edited by nenugal; 10th June 2010 at 07:47 PM.
    I love cologne.

I ordered from them more than 20 times. There were no problems.

If you don't mind waiting a few months for it to arrive they are fine, but to Australia 25 working days to arrive is just too long IMO.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Any alternatives? Rather pay shipment if that means the goods arrive...

Strawberry.net seems to have a good reputation and is located in China I think.

Placed order from them twice, both canceled without any information or explaination. When I called, I encountered with really rude and shitty customer service. Not recommended to anyone.

yeah strawberrynet (strawberrynet.com actually) has never let me down, even though it's one of the priciest online stores.
    they however have excellent plus customer service (to the extent of paying customs for you even) and very good shipping times.

I also had a good experience with scentmonkey and will probably use their services again.

both provide tracking numbers with their shippings.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by nenugal View Post
    This happened to me as well, I ordered from them many times in the past without problem, but my last two orders from 8 and 6 weeks ago still haven't arrived.
    The one from 6 weeks ago arrived yesterday but I'm still waiting for the first one... hopefully it will arrive soon
    I love cologne.

It used to be good, but I never received the past 3 orders. Two of those, I claimed a refund with Google checkout, and with another order, I lost my money. And their customer service is ridiculous, if there's any at all.

I'll NEVER buy from fragrancex again. NEVER.

So any updates on awaiting packages? Still no sight of mine. Ended up putting in a dispute with Paypal and now have till July 4th I think it was to elevate the claim if nothing happens. I'm just hoping it comes soon, otherwise I'll have been waiting all this time for nothing..

On a side note I got bored and ordered 3 samples from luckyscent "Placed on: 6/10/2010" and received them today! Granted it was only a soft padded envelope that was listed as "cosmetic sample" (which it kinda is), but 6 days!! And I even ordered it at like 11pm..

i have two orders one on 15/4 and another on 25/4 and nothing arrived yet ....

No sign of my packages either. I filed disputes through paypal and after 10 days of FragranceX not bothering to try to resolve the situation, I escalated them to claims. It's been 6 weeks since I ordered so I've really lost hope that anything will turn up. I just hope paypal gets my money back. Now I'm tempted to get on the luckyscent website.... or even fragrancenet for some retail therapy.

an update. one of my packages arrived after two full months. on the package itself it says it was shipped in may, at least 12 days later than when my item was supposedly shipped.