Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Re: Fragrancex scam's

I've been waiting for more than 10 weeks for a package I ordered from FragranceX. I've ordered from them before, and in the past it would take about 5 or 6 weeks for a package to arrive.
    I tried contacting Australian customs about the matter, but I was redirected to Australia Post. They told me to request a Customs Declaration Number from FragranceX in order for the package to be tracked. I tried emailing them and got an automated response (typical!). Anyway, I'm going to wait just one more week. If my package doesn't arrive I'll call them, and if they don't give me a Customs Declaration Number (or whatever the US equivalent is), I'll assume this is some sort of "long firm" scam.

For those who don't know (or who can't be bothered 'Google-ing' it): a "long firm" scam is one where a buyer's confidence is built up over time - making numerous purchases, and receiving the items. The scammers (i.e. organised crime types) then get the buyer to make one large purchase (much bigger than all previous ones). Except, this time the goods ordered (and paid for - in full) are never dispatched. The scammers dissolve their operation and disappear into the night.

Now, FragranceX isn't going anywhere, but I think they feel they can get away with it due to a loophole they've created. Due to the unreliability of an international order that doesn't have a tracking number, the company can always argue that a package (which was never sent) has, in fact, been lost. It's not their fault, so they don't owe you anything. Furthermore, if the order isn't too expensive (like in my case it was A$58.00/US$50), they may anticipate that the buyer will eventually give up and simply never buy from them again. I mean, I won't exactly be taking legal action against them for 58 bucks, but I'm still pissed (and this is where the scam differs from the traditional "long firm").
    So, in a hypothetical situation, if such a scam were enacted against 1000 people (let's say the amount of money in each case was US$50), that's $50'000 they'll be pocketing for nothing; and the worst that'll happen is that some of the people they've scammed will log onto web forums and rant about them.

Bastards! Never again (even if I do receive my packages)!
    Last edited by Amplifier81; 19th June 2010 at 04:59 PM.

Default Re: Fragrancex scam's

I have 4 orders placed with them. The fist 2 were shipped at the end of april and the other two in may and june. Once the 2 months period expires (June 30th), i'm gonna do some inquiring.

What annoys me about this situation is that I actually did my research on this company before ordering and on the whole most of the feedback was positive. Now since ordering, it seems that there are many people at the moment who are unhappy with the service and have not received their packages. It definitely seems to be mainly international orders and from other threads I have read, many people are waiting on orders that they made over 10 weeks ago! It seems that something has gone wrong with that side of their business. Whether it is a scam or not, they are definitely aware of the long waits people are experiencing and not warning people of realistic shipment times when ordering is negligent.

So I have some good news, guess what finally turned up on my doorstep this morning!! only 51 days after ordering..
    One question I would like to ask our US friends(or whoever knows) is, does this picture indicate that the package was sent in June? (or postage paid for in June)..

Last edited by MattyT; 21st June 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: pic was too big (oops)

I waited for nearly 4 months to get my package of Bois D Orage from Canada. Who knows, miracles happen
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

The order I placed that was supposedly shipped at 22nd of april arrived today.
    the sticker shows that usps got the package at some date in june.

This is blatantly lying, and has nothing to do with customs or anything else.
    I wish basenotes stopped advertising them.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 21st June 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'd be a little careful about where I'd place the blame. I've had a registered package stuck at the postal services for a month because some idiot forgot to despatch it or misplaced the package. A really good company will know how to respond to customer complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I'd be a little careful about where I'd place the blame. I've had a registered package stuck at the postal services for a month because some idiot forgot to despatch it or misplaced the package.
    I am loath to point the finger squarely at them for the delay, but when it appears to me that they sent the package in June and told me they did back in May, I find it hard not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    A really good company will know how to respond to customer complaints.
    But that's just it, they don't. All we ever got were automated responses. If they told me there was a delay on their end I would be more understanding of the whole thing.

Anyway, I've got my stuff now and that's the main thing. Fingers Crossed for everyone else

I also received a package today. The printed sticker with my address has the same date as when I ordered (early may) but the postage stamp is the same as Mattyt's - 06/ /2010. It took 7 weeks to get here. Just as well they weren't for presents.

apparently everyone is to blame except fragrancex...

everything aside, there are two important facts:
    they are dishonest and deceptive about shipping times (advertised 7-12 business days versus 60(!) days)
    they have terrible customer service

there are too many other services that don't give me such headache for fragrancex to have my business.

I have placed with them 4 order in the last 2 months and i received nothing! i'm still waiting, i've spent over 150$ on those 4 orders. waiting is the only thing to do

last Friday i received 3 out of my 4 packages!!!!! YAY! I noticed on the package the label mentioning that it was shipped form Florida. So they send their packages from their warehouse in NY to FL?

Lightbulb Re: Fragrancex scam's

Thank you for posting about this company. Has anyone tried Perfumeworld through Buy.com? I am rather leary due to the inaccurate descriptions and low prices.

UPDATE: I've recently received a refund for the order. Apparently the whole Icelandic volcano incident delayed (and ultimately prevented) its delivery. FragranceX sent me an email in which they apologised for the matter, and explained to me that the package had been returned to them.

Anyway, I'll give them another chance. But, the next time I order from them I'll use a mail-forwarding company like MyUS or Viadress. That way I'll get a tracking number as the package moves to the mail-forwarding company; and then I'll get another one as it moves across the world to me. FragranceX offers free (and tracked) ground shipping - within the US; and all the mail-forwarding companies (I know of) use international express shipping - with tracking numbers.
    I'll also make some (comparative) savings on the cost of international express shipping by combining the fragrances I order with the other stuff I get from US stores. It should work out to be just a few dollars to ship the stuff out, and it should arrive in just a little over a week.
    Last edited by Amplifier81; 16th August 2010 at 06:09 PM.

FragranceX are not a scam company. I have used them to supply product to New Zealand. The goods are well priced, they are authentic and are packaged well for shipping. They do fall down on their projected shipping times, my last parcel took 24 working days to arrive, well outside their advertised estimate of 7-14 Days. They should be a bit more realistic as it is well known that perfume is classed as dangerous goods and the problems associated with the airfreighting of such goods is well known. I would certainly vouch for this company and its products

Default What is your experience of fragranceX.com?

Good prices and all but is this site reliable? Is there anyone of you who purchase your fragrances on fragranceX.com?

Default Re: What is your experience of fragranceX.com?

This has been discussed oh so many times earlier.

I'm happy with their products and the fact that they have free shipping to Europe. BUT shipping takes a long time, I have never waited less than 4 weeks, and a couple of times close to 3 months. I accept the wait, since it's pretty generous not to be charged for overseas shipping.

If you state your nationality in your profile (or your post), people can see if you are interested in views/reviews of their worldwide or domestic service.

Yes ,they are reliable but the shipping is too long to Europe.

I live in the UK. Took a few weeks to get here and got stung heavily on import duty/tax which made it more expensive than had I just popped to the local shops. So, if you're in the UK, pretty good if you don't mind waiting and you order under the duty threshold, whatever that is!

I guessed that their shipping was long only for Brazil... I use to receive my packages from there in 60 days in general.
    The only negative experience that i had with them was one time when they listed a fragrance they didn`t had (feu d'issey), i bought it, and my order wasn`t processed. I had to call to them to know that they didn`t had the fragrance anymore.

Great site, far better than fragnet, better quality samples/bottles customer service.

Good site , the problem is to wait about 1 month to have the perfumes here in France . But the prices are so interesting ...

To my peeps in Canada - how long does it usually take for your orders to arrive? Its been 8 days since I placed mine, almost feels like forever.

they're a very reliable partner...shipping may take a while but with these prices...who cares...?
    Knize Ten !

My no. 1 site for buying any scents. Prices are great, sizeable range of products, customer service has always been exemplary in my experience, and the fact that they offer free shipping anywhere in world makes them unique - the prices displayed are those you pay without another €10-€20 being added for postage & packaging.

Ok it may take a while for orders to be delivered (2-3 weeks for Europe) but i am willing to wait that time to get that free shipping option.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Great site, far better than fragnet, better quality samples/bottles customer service.
    They may have better prices, but in fragnet you always see rare frags poping in great prices. I`ve bought there a bottle of kouros fraicheur, for example, for 40 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    They may have better prices, but in fragnet you always see rare frags poping in great prices. I`ve bought there a bottle of kouros fraicheur, for example, for 40 dollars.
    Not to take it off topic, but RickBr, I should have bought the Guerlain LI Extreme when you told me about it, I procrastinated and sure enough, sold out!

Basenotes Institution

I think FragranceX is probably more reliable when just shipping domestically within the US. I've ordered 4 times from them and received every one of them including 2 shipments which I emphasised ,had to be rushed. Fast shipping too. 7 days maximum, within the US and next day air for rushed shipping. I received vintage Guerlain EDPs through them- authentic ,great condition too. Each time I spoke with a customer service rep on the phone ,they were helpful and accurate with their answers.
    However, each time I hear something bad about them ,it does put me off ordering again.
    Fragrancenet has so far, been very good to me too. Excellent scents ,good shipping. ( But just what am I going to do with those darned mirrors and Exceptional scent samples ?????!! )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy97 View Post

Ok it may take a while for orders to be delivered (2-3 weeks for Europe) but i am willing to wait that time to get that free shipping option.

it's usually around two months in my case.
    Last edited by fountain; 15th September 2010 at 09:46 AM.

Yes, it takes three months time for Europe !!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I don't think their prices are THAT cheap to justify those ridiculous delivery times. At least they should inform customers about this issue before checkout. As I remember, I only got that information after I had paid them. And honestly speaking, airmail(even a cheap one) from United States to Europe does not take 2 or 3 months. Talks about customs etc are nothing but an excuse. I am sure they are well aware of this and what do they do about it?

Still waiting here too...

My last order was completely dissapointed, I´ve just received a bottle that smells like nothing.A shame

My first 4 orders was OK. 3 weeks delivery time for the first 3 orders and 2(two)! days for the fourth order. An order placed 29th of September hasn't arrived yet. A few more orders placed 1-5 of November are still in "transit" I guess...not.

I've ordered hundreds of times from the US. Delivery time have NEVER been longer than 3 weeks. Usually the delivery time is about 7-10 days. FragranceX is the only exception with 21 days+ delivery time.

I wish I investigated FragranceX before ordering. I might lose $450
    My current Top 5 in alphabetical order.

Aramis Havana Eau de Toilette
    Azzaro Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
    Boucheron Jaipur Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme Eau de Toilette

Guys, FragranceX offer free ship to entire world, and this have a price.

The shipment method cost 16 cents per package.
    The shipping company wait till they complete 900kg (2000lb) to EACH country, and then they ship to that country.
    So massive buyers like usa have no problem, maybe 1 or 2 days are enough to complete the 2000lb.
    But others probably will have to wait 2 or more months IN THE STORAGE OF THE SHIPPING company to get shipped. Only when they get 2000lb to that country they ship to them.

And fragrancex offer WHOLESALE account, and the prices of the wholesale is UNBELIEVABLE.
    Just try to get a wholesale account there, if you can get one, will be FULL OF WIN!!
    I have one, i buy 10 units per month.

I have just filed a claim with Paypal. I got sick of the standard reply from Fragrancex. "please be patient.....". They don't answer any of my questions....

I will NEVER buy from them again. Their customer service sucks.

I have renewed faith in Fx again.

Had two previous bad experiences and had to do credit card chargebacks which were successful, but then they tried it on by contacting my cc company telling them I had received the items and stated they were sent tracked.Cheeky! Had to inform cc co again they had never arrived. Chargeback remained so I din't lose my money.

However, their prices are so good I have purchased two very low cost items from them since after a long break and serious thought.

I think they have changed the courier. 1st package arrived within two weeks. Great!

John. I agree the customer service sucks.

Amazingly I purchased some Bandit shower gel ( unfortunately the fragrance is just too expensive now to buy from them) which was dispatched on 12th Dec (this year! ), it arrived YESTERDAY and, interestingly, the original label has been stuck over with another label which states 'Tracked' and a return address to 'Team Air Express Ltd,Unit 8, Crown Way, Horton Road, West Drayton'.

http://www.teamair.co.uk/main.php

Considering the bad weather we are having here in GB and considering a 1st RD package sent within GB took over a week to arrive this is astounding service.

Will I be tempted to purchase from Fx again?

A resoundingly Yes!

Well done, Fx, for getting it right.

Got my refund from Payal.......and still no fragrance in the mail. Fragrance was purchased in October. Most fragrances I buy from the USA, arrive in Australia in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    Got my refund from Payal.......and still no fragrance in the mail. Fragrance was purchased in October. Most fragrances I buy from the USA, arrive in Australia in 2 weeks.
    John, Just be careful.

They might contact Paypal in another couple of weeks and say you have now received the item. Just insist you have not ( unless they do turn up in the meantime).

Thanks for the heads up.
    If I receive the item, I have no problem paying for it. I just don't like paying for something I didn't receive.

My two most recent orders never showed up, which surprised me as I had ordered successfully from them on three previous occasions. After eight months they're still giving me the same excuses...

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    My two most recent orders never showed up, which surprised me as I had ordered successfully from them on three previous occasions. After eight months they're still giving me the same excuses...
    this is why when buying from FragranceX, you should checkout with Google Checkout, as they always refund you if your package never arrives

I'll edit this as appropriate.

Ordered 3 bottles on Saturday 20 November 2010 with immediate email confirmation.

Tuesday 14 December I recieved an email inviting me to review my items.

Friday 24 December I recieved an email inviting me to participate in a customer survey.

As at Thursday 6 January, I haven't seen the items.

i think you will receive your 3 bottles in a 2 months time

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    I'll edit this as appropriate.

Ordered 3 bottles on Saturday 20 November 2010 with immediate email confirmation.

Tuesday 14 December I recieved an email inviting me to review my items.

Friday 24 December I recieved an email inviting me to participate in a customer survey.

As at Thursday 6 January, I haven't seen the items.
    hi rudy! that was with free shippment?
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    hi rudy! that was with free shippment?
    Yep.

well , so ... must hope. I think the first orders with them are quickly but after they relax.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    well , so ... must hope. I think the first orders with them are quickly but after they relax.
    Nope, my first order was supposedly shipped on Oct 28 and I'm still waiting

I am so glad I found this thread, I ordered on 24/11/10 and like everyone else get the same reply....I have contacted my Credit Card company who are refunding my money and will investigate on my behalf. A pity I really wanted the perfumes, but will have to order through another site.

I even offered Fragrance X to send me a second order and if I got both would pay for both.....they could have gotten TWO sales out of me! I will never use them again! If they had better customer service I might consider them but their service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Default Why does it take so long for Fragrancenet to send me my items?

Ok, it was shipped on 2/1 through UPS, and I just checked the UPS site. It shows that my package was received my local post office lastnight. I got my mail, but no items from fragrancenet. Why does fragrancenet need to use UPS ---> USPS? Why can't they just send it UPS directly to me? This takes too long.

Default Re: Why does it take so long for Fragrancenet to send me my items?

Well UPS will charge you a stupid broker free that'll cost you an arm and a leg. If they want to ship with "duty and tax included in your shipping" they need to do it through general mail.

Secondly, fragrancenet is NOTORIOUS for horrible shipping issues and people not receiving items from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Serjery View Post
    Well UPS will charge you a stupid broker free that'll cost you an arm and a leg. If they want to ship with "duty and tax included in your shipping" they need to do it through general mail.

Secondly, fragrancenet is NOTORIOUS for horrible shipping issues and people not receiving items from them.
    Do you think my items are lost?

My experience is once the parcel's left their warehouse there's no problem. Where the problem lies is the time between placing the order and them sending it out.

I.E. I placed an order Jan. 23, 2011 [Sunday] and they shipped it Feb. 02, 2011 - Ten days later. A third of a month to get the package out of the warehouse.

And this is usually how it goes when I order from them. Good thing I'm not generally in a rush!
    .Dave J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

offers the best explanation (-:

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Ok, it was shipped on 2/1 through UPS, and I just checked the UPS site. It shows that my package was received my local post office lastnight. I got my mail, but no items from fragrancenet. Why does fragrancenet need to use UPS ---> USPS? Why can't they just send it UPS directly to me? This takes too long.
    Not for nothing, but 5 days isn't exactly an eternity...

Lol.

Ok, I think I spoke too soon, the mailman came back and knocked on my door. I just received my GIT 4 oz and New Haarlem 3.3 oz. Smells GREAT!!!! I'm a happy camper now... thank you to fragrancenet...

With Fragrancenet and most any online fragrance retailer, patience is the name of the game.

Just when I've given up, my order, the one supposedly shipped on 28 Oct 10, arrives today, on 7 Feb 11!

The perfumes are not packed in a box stuffed with styrofoam pellets (as practised by strawberrynet) but bubble-wrapped in a tightly sealed plastic envelope. As a result, the perfume boxes are dented. Luckily, the bottles are fine.

I'm very relieved to receive this package, of course, but I don't think I will subject myself to this ordeal of waiting and wondering again. Internet shopping is supposed to be fun, goddamnit...

I hope everyone out there who is still waiting will get their packages soon!

I've placed an Order on Oct. 29 and to this day the package hasn't arrived yet. At least i got a refund