Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your experience of fragranceX.com?

Only good experience. But, I live in the United States, and the Free Shipping is very nice. They have a return policy, and the refund is credited on the credit card. But you have to pay for postage at the post office when mailing the bottle back.

I live in Spain and had ordered from them in the past and although it took a few weeks, I was pretty happy with the service. That is until the last time. I ordered in July and 3 months later I still had to received the goods. In that time, I sent several emails and was fobbed off each time with the standard response. I asked for a refund, reship etc and still the standard reply.

So, 4 days ago I contact the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/) where you can file a complaint on line. Yesterday they sent me an email confirming that they had sent my case to the company and then this morning, to my surprise, I receive an email from PayPal informing me that they have refunded my money! I have to say I am very impressed with the BBB.

As I said, I had used them without problem but you measure a company by how they react if things go wrong. So my advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS and if you have not received your goods, contact the BBB. Good luck! It does seem from what I have seen is that they do the first couple of orders OK to build your confidence, and then they shaft you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jota A View Post
    I live in Spain and had ordered from them in the past and although it took a few weeks, I was pretty happy with the service. That is until the last time. I ordered in July and 3 months later I still had to received the goods. In that time, I sent several emails and was fobbed off each time with the standard response. I asked for a refund, reship etc and still the standard reply.

So, 4 days ago I contact the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/) where you can file a complaint on line. Yesterday they sent me an email confirming that they had sent my case to the company and then this morning, to my surprise, I receive an email from PayPal informing me that they have refunded my money! I have to say I am very impressed with the BBB.

As I said, I had used them without problem but you measure a company by how they react if things go wrong. So my advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS and if you have not received your goods, contact the BBB. Good luck! It does seem from what I have seen is that they do the first couple of orders OK to build your confidence, and then they shaft you!
    Don't say : "They shaft you." Because I have ordered at least 20 times from them, in the U.S.A., and excellent service, and 3 or 4 times I sent gifts to relatives in Spain and Germany and it took 3 months, but they got their item, at last.

But they do business, they are not honest about shipping times and they have terrible customer service.

If they can not do proper international shipping, they could just opt to not doing it at all and stop wasting peoples time.

Blog Entries

If you can wait 3 or 4 months for your item, you will get it eventually. Living in the United States, I get my stuff within one week. They have a 30-day return policy, and I have got the refund when I used that. If you want your merchandise badly enough, then you will just have to wait 3 or 4 months. Your time is not wasted, but the waiting period is long. They don't say, you get it quickly, therefore they are not lying.

Ursula, try searching for reviews of FragranceX and you will see many complaints all of the same nature. If you offer a service then you have to back it up. Just telling people to wait whilst giving lame excuses is terrible customer service. When you contact them they reply with generic standard answers which do not answer your question.

I have dealt with many internet companies and this is by far the worst. I am pleased you have had good service and up until now I had, but as I say you measure a company when things go wrong. They do not even attempt to help. I am not alone in thinking that yes, they do shaft you.

Besides, when you contact them they say shipping time is 7-14 days and any delay must be due to customs. This is just a downright lie.
    Last edited by Jota A; 29th October 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jota A View Post
    Ursula, try searching for reviews of FragranceX and you will see many complaints all of the same nature. If you offer a service then you have to back it up. Just telling people to wait whilst giving lame excuses is terrible customer service. When you contact them they reply with generic standard answers which do not answer your question.

I have dealt with many internet companies and this is by far the worst. I am pleased you have had good service and up until now I had, but as I say you measure a company when things go wrong. They do not even attempt to help. I am not alone in thinking that yes, they do shaft you.

Besides, when you contact them they say shipping time is 7-14 days and any delay must be due to customs. This is just a downright lie.
    I guess you are right by saying to measure a company by their worst behavior. So, the ones with good service, are just lucky. Luck is not good enough, yes, you are right.