Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: What is your experience of fragranceX.com?

So i placed two orders with them, one at the beginning of january and another one at the beginning of february and i got both of them this week. what's interesting is that the fragrancex packages were shipped through usps priority mail and carried proof of receipt, maybe this is why they arrived so fast and not within 2-3 months like in the past.

Default Experiences of others with Fragrance X requested

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure that this is the right place to discuss this, but I guess the ever vigilant moderators will move me, it its not right.

As a newcomer to fragrance appreciation, I have purchased a number of fragrances recently on the net. Whenever I seem to search for a fragrance, Fragrance X has come up with a more than competitive price, and wide ranging stock. So I have invested in purchases totalling $A225, with orders being placed in February.

Here we are almost in April and I haven't seen hide nor hair of the goods. I know that they offer free delivery, but now I am envisaging a tall sailing ship, just rounding Cape Horn after having done a little whaling in the South Atlantic. The next stop is Valparaiso for a stress break for the sailors, before transporting a fresh cargo of copper to Shanghai.

After a couple of months, they may pull into Sydney Harbour, put out a long boat with a couple of bags of mail for the colonials, and then be on their way to the Cape of Good Hope.

I have naturally put my query directly to the supplier and was given some lame guff about being held up in Customs at my end. Customs told me they aren't the least bit interested in private imports of perfume valued below $A1000.

So here I am at an impasse, with no goods, and no clear idea of whether they have been shipped, and if there is indeed a form of 'snail mail' that they might be using, like my tea clipper story above.

Since ordering my perfumes from Fragrance X I have had two shipments from Amazon, via UPS which arrived in 10 days. This is the norm for airmail deliveries from US to Australia. The longest I have had to wait for any goods, was for a book from Amazon that took 15 days.

So I have paid for goods that I cannot locate. Where do I go from here? Keep waiting like Janis Joplin did for her Mercedes Benz, or chalk it up to experience and re-order from elsewhere. My resources, like everyone else's, are finite, and I don't like to feel that I have been duped.

I am interested in what others' experiences have been, especially from outside the US.

Cheers
    LiliB

Blog Entries

Default Re: Experiences of others with Fragrance X requested

Here are some threads about FragranceX I found on search:
    http://www.basenotes.net/bn_search.p...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

Remember if you paid with your credit card, you can file a dispute with the bank that issued the card to you. Don't miss your window-- usually it's around 60 days in the States, not sure what it is in Australia.

And if you paid with PayPal, the window is only 45 days. Do not let them convince you to wait-- file now.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 30th March 2011 at 05:04 AM.

Hi LiliB,

It helps if your profile says where you are from!

Read this and weep:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/252...rom-fragrancex

You'll see that they recently emailed me to say the goods had been returned and that I would be refunded. I haven't checked for the refund yet - I'm confident the refund will be there. I suspect the same will be true for you - you won't see the fragrance, but you won't lose your money either. Good luck.

Thank you 30 Roses and Dr Rudi

Ah Hah!! As I thought. This company is either totally incompetent, or simply shysters. I have registered a dispute with my bank. I will not use them again, and even if I have to pay more, I will continue with Amazon where possible, or some other more reliable companies out there.

The thread you directed me to, Dr Rudi, is indeed scary stuff. I don't have any patience with incompetence in business and feel that companies that are unprofessional or incompetent deserve to die a natural death, brought forward by word of mouth experiences being exchanged to protect the innocent.

So I'll have to embark upon find myself some reliable and honest retailers. It's bound to be trial and error, and I would appreciate names of reliable suppliers that can ship to Australia in a time a little shorter than the duration of the last drought!!! PM me if you feel uncomfortable about naming names.

Cheers
    LiliB

LiliB,

Aussie Basenoters: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=75

I shop around based on price for whichever fragrance I'm looking for.

http://au.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx

I tend to buy from Strawberrynet - really quick deliveries, great packaging, okay prices - can be bargains when they're on sale, and their loyalty program means the discount gets bigger the more often you purchase. Free shipping if you include a 'non-fragrance' item - that's easily done.

http://www.perfumeempire.com.au/ Are quite reliable - although the Aussies have recently had a discussion about how long they'll be in business for. Their bricks and motar stores are looking sad and sorry these days.

http://www.perfumery.com.au/ is another

http://www.feelingsexy.com.au/ Dreadful name - especially when it's printed on the side of the box - but I've had good perfumes at good prices from them

http://www.heavenlyperfumes.com.au/ Based in Perth and carry a few harder to find items

http://www.scentuality.com.au/store/ Based here in Adelaide

You might also want to check:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/204...rance-Websites

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/218...ralian-e-store

Basenotes Plus

I've ordered from FragranceX a few times before. Never had any problems even if shipping to Singapore took them 4-6 weeks on average. Robust packaging too I might add!

I had issues with late delivery but they have cleaned up their act and started using another courier. My two latest purchases arrived within 7 days.

Just tried to order again last night and it appears the free shipping offer is no more. Very disappointed.

The coupon still works, but when you come to checkout shipping charges are added.

Emailed them and waiting for a response.

Would other people outside the US try coupon FREE and see if the same is happening to them?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 31st March 2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

It happened to me one time .I used the FREE coupon but shipping charges were added.I e-mailed them and they said will refund the the shipping costs( around 16$).Never happened.
    My last order arrived after 5 months, so I would recommend to be patience,LiliB

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    It happened to me one time .I used the FREE coupon but shipping charges were added.I e-mailed them and they said will refund the the shipping costs( around 16$).Never happened.
    My last order arrived after 5 months, so I would recommend to be patience,LiliB
    5 months. That is being very patient.

Just had short response.

"Thank you for your email. I am sorry but the free shipping for the UK
    promotion has expired. The new UK promotion is 10% off your order."

Not worth me purchasing then, especially when I purchase blind, as 10% is neither here nor there.
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 31st March 2011 at 05:07 PM.

If you checkout through Google checkout the FREE coupon is working; thought i'd share

Quote Originally Posted by usemyname View Post
    My first 4 orders was OK. 3 weeks delivery time for the first 3 orders and 2(two)! days for the fourth order. An order placed 29th of September hasn't arrived yet. A few more orders placed 1-5 of November are still in "transit" I guess...not.

I've ordered hundreds of times from the US. Delivery time have NEVER been longer than 3 weeks. Usually the delivery time is about 7-10 days. FragranceX is the only exception with 21 days+ delivery time.

I wish I investigated FragranceX before ordering. I might lose $450

All orders have arrived. I contacted them a few times. They responded with the usual nonsense. After 4 months I congratulated them on their lousy service, and added that shipping with USPS, which I paid for, NEVER takes more than 3 weeks. They responded that I would get a refund if my goods didn't arrive in the next three weeks. It arrived less than two weeks later.
    Last edited by usemyname; 3rd April 2011 at 03:44 PM.
    My current Top 5 in alphabetical order.

Aramis Havana Eau de Toilette
    Azzaro Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
    Boucheron Jaipur Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme Eau de Toilette

after 5 or 6 purchases i am very happy.
    friday april 1st, i recieved a package with Bal a Versailles, Habanita and Parfum Sacrť...all 100 ml....order was placed march 22nd....so that was quite fast....I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina....

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    If you checkout through Google checkout the FREE coupon is working; thought i'd share
    Just ordered through the checkout. It's appeared to have worked, but we shall see. It's not currently showing in my account, but google email says,"When your order ships, an email with a tracking number will be sent to you. In addition, you will also be able to track your order online at Fx from the customer service page."

My order is for $17.47 which is about £10.

Just got a feeling it's not going to work and they will cancel the order.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction View Post
    Just ordered through the checkout. It's appeared to have worked, but we shall see. It's not currently showing in my account, but google email says,"When your order ships, an email with a tracking number will be sent to you. In addition, you will also be able to track your order online at Fx from the customer service page."

My order is for $17.47 which is about £10.

Just got a feeling it's not going to work and they will cancel the order.
    i've placed 5 orders through Google Checkout and they all worked. don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    i've placed 5 orders through Google Checkout and they all worked. don't worry
    Thanks for that. Just had notification they have shipped the goods without tracking, so fingers crossed. Looks like google checkout is the way to go until or rather if they put the free shipping back on as before. Still nothing showing in my account though.

Update: Package arrived yesterday. Extremely prompt service. However items are not showing in my account and points have not be updated. But I'm not bothered.

I was always happy to use fragrancex because for some reason they were shipping free standard shipping with USPS priority. But all of a sudden, they're now using StreamLight, which then transfers to USPS PARCEL POST Oh well. Fun while it lasted. 3 day free shipping now up to 7-8 days

Default Re: Why does it take so long for Fragrancenet to send me my items?

yes. its getting annoying how they delay getting stuff out of their warehouse. its been a week now and it says it takes about 24 to 48 hours for processing. im getting impatient. can i just cancel it?

Basenotes Plus

How about Ebay sellers who state they ship Priority but send the item out a week later by Priority?

There is not one day that Fragrancenet is not mentioned in a complaint in one thread or other and yet I see people continue to shop there. If it's not shipping time, it's the charges, if it isn't that it's damaged goods, etc.

I've noticed their prices may be a little lower but are they worth it?

They have stopped using google checkout so it's the end of the road for me and fragrancex.

Such a shame when they finally got a reliable carrier too. Very disappointed.

The Piver fragrances are such good value too.

By not providing google checkout, they've lost me as a customer. Earlier, I stopped buying from them after a few orders not coming through.

I started using them again since Google checkout guaranteed the delivery (or my money back).

Does anyone know if Paypal is as much trustworthy as Google checkout? I've never filed a claim with paypal for non-receipt of items. Will they promptly refund like Google if something goes wrong?

I've to say that I've lost about 3 packages of every 15 or so orders on an average from fragrancex.

Update: They're now accepting paypal, but none of the coupons seem to work (they used to work with Google checkout). I think I'm done with them, because if I anyway have to pay a lot of money for shipping, I'll do it with someone else who offers good quality customer service.
    Last edited by HammerFist; 17th June 2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Updated

They have always used Paypal and I've done a couple of chargebacks in the past but through my credit card provider.

I think they have highlighted Paypal on their homepage since they stopped google checkout.

I wonder how many customers they are going to lose now?

My recent order from FragranceX came reasonably quick. The fragrance was heavily bubble wrapped in a big box, and the best: it went straight though customs!

I am still a bit hesitant to buy from this site, but I have only had good experiences from them. I paid through paypal, and used a coupon.
    parfyme.moo.no - et norsk parfymeforum
    Blog

I've just placed an order and paid with Paypal, the free coupon worked and I've got free shipping.

This thread kind of scares me though, I will report when the goods arrive ... if they arrive at all...

15 days in and still nothing, I'm basicly going to wait about 35 - 40 days and then I'll see what PayPal can do... I hope it comes in before that

Basenotes Member

I'm in Canada and have purchased from both FragranceX and FragranceNet. FN is a little faster but they charge around $17 for shipping to Canada (but usually provide a 10-15% discount code so if your order is over $100 it cancels it out).

FragranceX is a little cheaper on most brands that I've compared and shipping is usually free with a coupon code, but it takes a little longer. (around 10 business days so could be two full weeks).

Both no problems at all. Good return policy too.

It arrived, on the 29th, so 18 days after the order, not so bad for free shipping from the states!
    Definately will be ordering more from them.

I have ordered twice from FragranceX. I live in Argentina. Once it took 2 months and the next time it took two weeks. I really like their prices.

Blog Entries

Only good experience. But, I live in the United States, and the Free Shipping is very nice. They have a return policy, and the refund is credited on the credit card. But you have to pay for postage at the post office when mailing the bottle back.

I live in Spain and had ordered from them in the past and although it took a few weeks, I was pretty happy with the service. That is until the last time. I ordered in July and 3 months later I still had to received the goods. In that time, I sent several emails and was fobbed off each time with the standard response. I asked for a refund, reship etc and still the standard reply.

So, 4 days ago I contact the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/) where you can file a complaint on line. Yesterday they sent me an email confirming that they had sent my case to the company and then this morning, to my surprise, I receive an email from PayPal informing me that they have refunded my money! I have to say I am very impressed with the BBB.

As I said, I had used them without problem but you measure a company by how they react if things go wrong. So my advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS and if you have not received your goods, contact the BBB. Good luck! It does seem from what I have seen is that they do the first couple of orders OK to build your confidence, and then they shaft you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jota A View Post
    I live in Spain and had ordered from them in the past and although it took a few weeks, I was pretty happy with the service. That is until the last time. I ordered in July and 3 months later I still had to received the goods. In that time, I sent several emails and was fobbed off each time with the standard response. I asked for a refund, reship etc and still the standard reply.

So, 4 days ago I contact the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/) where you can file a complaint on line. Yesterday they sent me an email confirming that they had sent my case to the company and then this morning, to my surprise, I receive an email from PayPal informing me that they have refunded my money! I have to say I am very impressed with the BBB.

As I said, I had used them without problem but you measure a company by how they react if things go wrong. So my advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS and if you have not received your goods, contact the BBB. Good luck! It does seem from what I have seen is that they do the first couple of orders OK to build your confidence, and then they shaft you!
    Don't say : "They shaft you." Because I have ordered at least 20 times from them, in the U.S.A., and excellent service, and 3 or 4 times I sent gifts to relatives in Spain and Germany and it took 3 months, but they got their item, at last.

But they do business, they are not honest about shipping times and they have terrible customer service.

If they can not do proper international shipping, they could just opt to not doing it at all and stop wasting peoples time.

Blog Entries

If you can wait 3 or 4 months for your item, you will get it eventually. Living in the United States, I get my stuff within one week. They have a 30-day return policy, and I have got the refund when I used that. If you want your merchandise badly enough, then you will just have to wait 3 or 4 months. Your time is not wasted, but the waiting period is long. They don't say, you get it quickly, therefore they are not lying.

Ursula, try searching for reviews of FragranceX and you will see many complaints all of the same nature. If you offer a service then you have to back it up. Just telling people to wait whilst giving lame excuses is terrible customer service. When you contact them they reply with generic standard answers which do not answer your question.

I have dealt with many internet companies and this is by far the worst. I am pleased you have had good service and up until now I had, but as I say you measure a company when things go wrong. They do not even attempt to help. I am not alone in thinking that yes, they do shaft you.

Besides, when you contact them they say shipping time is 7-14 days and any delay must be due to customs. This is just a downright lie.
    Last edited by Jota A; 29th October 2011 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jota A View Post
    Ursula, try searching for reviews of FragranceX and you will see many complaints all of the same nature. If you offer a service then you have to back it up. Just telling people to wait whilst giving lame excuses is terrible customer service. When you contact them they reply with generic standard answers which do not answer your question.

I have dealt with many internet companies and this is by far the worst. I am pleased you have had good service and up until now I had, but as I say you measure a company when things go wrong. They do not even attempt to help. I am not alone in thinking that yes, they do shaft you.

Besides, when you contact them they say shipping time is 7-14 days and any delay must be due to customs. This is just a downright lie.
    I guess you are right by saying to measure a company by their worst behavior. So, the ones with good service, are just lucky. Luck is not good enough, yes, you are right.