Code of Conduct

Default What does millésime mean??

Anyone?

Default Re: What does millésime mean??

What I think i meant was: What's the difference between Creed's Tabarome MILLÉSIME and the original Tabarome?

It's a wine term I think.
    Relates to "Best of Harvest"

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    What I think i meant was: What's the difference between Creed's Tabarome MILLÉSIME and the original Tabarome?
    Big difference. Totally different fragrances top to bottom. They share notes on the list, but the only one that seems to be the same material used is Bergamot. the ginger and green tea between the two are totally different, and the tobacco notes are worlds apart.

Ok. But whats the difference between the Original Tabaromé and the Millésime?

Sorry. I was to hasty. Is this Millésime a disappointment as a follower to the original?

Millesime is a word creed uses to implicate the high quality and concentration of their perfumes. I think it translates to Vintage, specifically used to describe well aged wines. As for creeds, it's just a marketing trade mark.

I also was told by a John Lewis sales rep that it's to do with the concentration. I think she said it's the highest level of concentration, like after EDT and EDP, although she then went on to say "I'm still a new Christmas temp so I'm not entirely sure" or something like that, so how true it is I dunno.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Look here for a detailed explanation.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

So what is the correct pronouncation?

Is there anyone who can tell me if this Millesime was a disappointment as a follow-up for those who have worn the original? There's obviously a big difference between them but, is that difference for the worst? I've read the reviews but there are such a wide spectrum of oppinions. One says its fantastic, one says its somewhere in between good and boring and one says its horrible.

Is there anyone who can tell me if this Millesime was a disappointment as a follow-up for those who have worn the original? There's obviously a big difference between them but, is that difference for the worst? I've read the reviews but there are such a wide spectrum of oppinions. One says its fantastic, one says its somewhere in between good and boring and one says its horrible.
    You've already been answered. They're not even similar fragrances, their reformulation was huge. Many consider the vintage to be a masterpiece, The Millesime is at most a "good fragrance" so opinions are quite split on it.

It means you that you better get ready to empty your wallet !

Millésime is a word to make a reference to a specific year or period.

For example it's used for exceptionnaly good year of champagne, some bottles get the label "millésime" with the year on it ...

"milezim"

The difference is that Tabarome smells good, and Tabarome Millesime does not.

I'm not a fanboy of Tabarome, but I'll give it credit in that it does replicate the smell of pipe tobacco very well and it does smell good. Tabarome Millesime on the other hand is a loud sports fragrance, with a subtle hint of tobacco somewhere underneath the screaming synthetic woody amber its buried under. All of Creed's "Millesime" fragrances smell like this. I think they're all bad fragrances.
    Last edited by shamu1; 15th September 2010 at 03:12 AM.

Anyone?
    French adjective for describing Veblen Goods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    Click here, http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to...tive-demo.html

use the drop down to choose a language & speaker by gender, type in your text (i.e.: millésime), click "say it."

Millésime is a pompous word for "year", used by winemakers instead of année. Regardless of what Creed tells you, it has no practical application regarding any of their fragrances. They use the term because it sounds good.

Sur la Plage

A MAJOR disappointment......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A sales argument used in order to motivate snob effects -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snob_effect

OR

http://74.125.155.132/scholar?q=cach...en&as_sdt=2000 -

in consumers.

Of course, I have to admit Jaime's explanation as to what Creed means by the term makes sense, albeit the fact that I regard its application to perfume-making as a little farfetched - it might as well be that my savoir faire on the matter of perfumes and fragrances is lousy, to say the least.

As far as my experience goes, the substantial presence of natural ingredientes in perfumes improves blends in terms of the way certain notes are perceived, but at the same time it compromises shelf life seriously. So, the question would be if Millesime's shelf lfe is shorter than, say, blends with a prominent presence of suynthetics. I posted a thread about it, in order to avoid off-topic replies:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/260...79#post1932379
    Last edited by Pollux; 15th September 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Le sigh*