Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Lyric for Men is a great dry down scent

Ok, I finally wore Lyric for the first time yesterday. The initial blast is very sharp and over powering, but today after a day later it smells great on my shirt. A great scent.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Amouage Lyric for Men is a great dry down scent

I've just ordered a couple of samples of this and am looking forward to trying it. Great to hear you're enjoying it.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bright taifi rose never dies...it can be overpowering....I guess it should be sprayed on your shirt. Maybe I just hate rose though, I love it in homage though.

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I've just ordered a couple of samples of this and am looking forward to trying it. Great to hear you're enjoying it.

I think you'll love the dry down. Spray about 6 inches from your skin, so you'll get a mist and away from your neck. It can be quite cloying if you have it too close to your nose. I rate this one an 8/10. A must try.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Definitely wasn't bad, was a little too sweet for me though. Gave me a light headache.

Found it to have amazing projection as well.
    Expect the unexpected.

I think it's a very good scent, and it's a lot different than Reflection and Jub XXV. One of my favorites.

Amouage is one of favorite houses. My only problem with Lyric Man is that it smells like shampoo. Well, maybe someday I'll learn to love this perfume.

I just got a sample and I love it. I agree about it being strong as well. The drydown goes in and out of being a little sharp and medicinal but it never gets too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Amouage is one of favorite houses. My only problem with Lyric Man is that it smells like shampoo. Well, maybe someday I'll learn to love this perfume.
    It does smell like a beautiful lady's hair...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

It's a nice fragrance, very rosey. I think people tend to enjoy it if they typically like rose in fragrances. If not, you probably won't like it. I can't imagine ever owning a bottle, unless it was the only scent I wore. I own a 10ml decant that I've had for 1 1/2 years, that's still half full. Very strong stuff.

Well, Rose Tafi does have that fancy soap feel. Even Homage has a little bit of it...

Oh btw I like Lyric Woman better than man.

I wonder what's coming next from this house?

I wonder what's coming next from this house?
    Opus V is on the way. It has notes of:

Top: Orris Absolute, Rum
    Heart: Orris Concrete, Rose and Jasmine
    Base: Oud, Civet, Dry Woods accord

I'm curious to see what will be next in their main lineup though. Memoir Man was awesome - it will be hard to top that (imo)!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

I'm curious to see what will be next in their main lineup though. Memoir Man was awesome - it will be hard to top that (imo)!
    That's what I am more intereseted in...the main line up.
    Opus is too expensive for me for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

Top: Orris Absolute, Rum
    Heart: Orris Concrete, Rose and Jasmine
    Base: Oud, Civet, Dry Woods accord
    I haven't tried anything in the Library Collection yet. Based on the reviews, notes, and descriptions, they don't seem like anything I would enjoy, but Opus V sounds promising. I'm just hoping the orris is really amped up, like in the Tauer creations. I remember the orris in Reflection Man being unnoticeable.

I get a strong orris note in Reflection Man, actually. It's what contributes the berry/fruit note at the beginning, for one, and it offers a lot of the sweetness and sort of 'ethereal shimmer' to the scent. It's a much different iris note than the more typical waxy/buttery or dry iris one might find in something like Infusion d'Homme/d'Iris, Dior Homme, etc.

Still, I have a feeling Opus V is going to be amazing. I love that it's being done by Jacques Cavallier, too. It's nice to see a nose who has done designer scents almost exclusively (and no doubt honed his amazing technical talents doing so) get to really spread his wings and fly on a project like this.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I guess there was an orris note in Reflection Man that I wasn't familiar with or missed. I believe Tauer uses orris root, which often smells earthy or raspy. Probably my favorite variation of iris. Not familiar with the absolute or the concrete, but looking forward to it.

I tried Lyric man several time on my wirst, having a 2 ml sample. I always got bored and found it kind of generic and not interesting. However, 2 weeks ago I gave it a full wearing and I ve been very very pleasantly surprised. It is one of these frags you have to wear "entirely" to discover. It has great lasting power and projections, and I enjoyed my day wearing it a lot. Very good surprise after the disappointing wrists wearing, and I m now contemplating buying it.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I guess there was an orris note in Reflection Man that I wasn't familiar with or missed. I believe Tauer uses orris root, which often smells earthy or raspy. Probably my favorite variation of iris. Not familiar with the absolute or the concrete, but looking forward to it.
    A fellow DIY perfumer once gave me an awesome sample of a very high end iris absolute and it smelled very very sheer and airy - not waxy or lipstick like at all. It smelled sort of like.. hmm, if you can imagine an idealized raspberry aroma, along with the most natural 'white musk' type aroma (that kind of sheer and shiny cleanliness, but here, entirely natural). Very very sweet and not something you'd probably want to use on its own because it's too 'thin' in texture to be fully satisfying as a perfume. I'm guessing that it's something like that that is being used in Reflection Man (no doubt bolstered by the alpha-ionones listed on the packaging, too).

I've not tried orris concrete, but I have tried other absolutes and also a C02 extraction, and there is a huge variance in quality. The C02 sample I tried was very waxy and woody and not nearly as sweet or shimmering as the absolutes I've tried. I'd love to know the differences that are typical for the concrete, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

This stuff smells so different when you try it on your wrists versus a normal wear. I got a decanter from Perfumed Court and loved it, and purchased a bottle from Aedes on Christopher Street in the West Village today. There's something like honey that I smell, and it's not overpowering, but when you think you can't smell Lyric anymore, you get another reminder. This is one of the few things I've tried, and I absolutely HAD to have it. I don't know about the projection-- and I suppose where I apply this has an impact on MY being able to smell it, I typically spray behind my ears. Maybe that's the issue? I read in a thread above it's better to spray it on your clothes? I know when I sprayed it on my wrists, I got a zest of peppery stuff for a split second-- but I NEVER smell that when I spray Lyric behind my ears, just that honey scent. Great stuff.

Hi Change,

I've given Lyric a wearing last night and today and you are right- I love the drydown. Really beautiful on me. I do love a rose scent.

The opening is a little strange on me- I don't quite know how to describe it. I'll report back later.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1....The fragrance needs some woods in its composition to offset the rose.

Lyric is the only amouage I cant get along with and I loves Rose frags

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    Hi Change,

I've given Lyric a wearing last night and today and you are right- I love the drydown. Really beautiful on me. I do love a rose scent.

The opening is a little strange on me- I don't quite know how to describe it. I'll report back later.
    I agree with you, the opening is very sharp and over powering. I only do 2 spray max on this one. One on the chest and one on the back of my neck. Anywhere near the neck, and you will hate this fragrance because it can be very cloying. I know from experience. I like to get a wiff of it unexpectly when wearing it.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man