Code of Conduct

Default Nautica Original/Classic, Any Fans?

My unlikely SotD. I've have had this bottle that's just been sitting on my "off-to-the-side" fragrance shelf (lol) forever, and I figured what the heck. When I use this sporadically, I get the best out of it. It just smells like the ocean to me, fresh, oceanic, a little lemon, and a little soapy.

I know lots of people hate this, but it's really a classic to me. One of my first designer fragrances I ever owned too. But, like some others, if I wear it too often I start to hate it. Does anyone else feel the same? Or even love this frag?

Default Re: Nautica Original/Classic, Any Fans?

Now that you mention it, I haven't worn mine in ages as well. Will wear it tomorrow and report back.

Your post prompted me to spray some Nautica from my 100ml and 15 ml bottle on my hands, and it smelled nice from the very start.
    This is in sharp contrast to when I've done the same thing with a tester of new "Nautica Classic", where my impression was that it smelled sharper than what I remembered my bottles smelling like, and smelling somewhat cheaper.

I wish I could do a side by side comparison to see if I'm imagining things. I might when the price gets cheaper.

I certainly like my version of Nautica, which I mainly wear in hot weather.
    Renato

I used to use it regularly in HS. But I tested it a few years back, for the first time in over 5 years, and couldn't believe how much my tastes had progressed passed it. It smelled of Windex-type aquatics.

Great on a warm or hot day, especially out of the shower. I think of it as a good casual-wear scent, one I'm not worried about over-applying. Safe. Smells good, and is quite inoffensive. Durability and sillage are suspect, but that's part of its appeal to me - spray away, you're not going to offend.

While I'm not a fan of layering, I could see using it in combo with something like ckOne Summer for a really aquatic, blue and citrusy mix. But it's definitely good enough on its own.

It doesn't project much, but I like the notes on my skin. Solid.

Wearing it today as promised. This is such a wonderful fragrance. It smells like a brand new button down shirt coming fresh out the plastic. Very fresh. This is the closest bottle I have of finishing. (Probably because I've had it for more than 15 years. ) I might have to replace it. Definitely better than the newest offering Pure and at least on par with Oceans and Voyage in my opinion.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip The_Cologneist!

Horrible fragrance that smells like a synthetic ocean/marine candle or potpourri air freshener. This is a strong scent that smells a very floral and I can't believe that someone here said "spray away, you're not going to offend" - I beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Horrible fragrance that smells like a synthetic ocean/marine candle or potpourri air freshener.
    Not a fan of this either.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Horrible fragrance that smells like a synthetic ocean/marine candle or potpourri air freshener. This is a strong scent that smells a very floral and I can't believe that someone here said "spray away, you're not going to offend" - I beg to differ
    I agree. It is very offensive.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This one brings back memories of 1997 high school and everyones first fragrance. me and my twin used to rock the hell out of this one. Its not offensive..just dated. we bash fragrances...but we must always remember that fragrance is a technology of sorts..always evolving. This one was epic for the time it was released..its a classic. Yes, of course there are sooooo many better ones now, but we must appreciate things for what they are. and this one is safe clean and comforting. and there is nothing wrong with that

Ya this one evokes memories whenever I put it on. I used to wear it in high school, and even middle school, so I can associate a picture with it when I put it on, it's comforting. Smell itself though isn't the best, but it will grow on you. As long as I don't wear it very often, it's actually quite nice. Overdosing on this though will absolutely make it smell cheap, boring, and a mess -- surely not a candidate for a signature scent, but enjoyable when worn right.

I'm a fan. But the type of fan who probably won't join in on the wave.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

I bought a bottle the first year it came out and wore it quite a bit. I owned a bottle of it and Tommy Hilfiger and never had any complaints. I bought a bottle of Nautica Blue yesterday thinking it was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I bought a bottle the first year it came out and wore it quite a bit. I owned a bottle of it and Tommy Hilfiger and never had any complaints. I bought a bottle of Nautica Blue yesterday thinking it was classic.
    LOL, ya a lot of people get them confused. Nautica Blue is a pretty nice aquatic though. I really like the peach and white/green grape notes in it.