Code of Conduct

Default Burberry Brit Limited Edition For Men in October

From Now Smell This:

Burberry Brit Limited Edition For Men (shown above left) ~ by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu, with mandarin, bay leaf, nutmeg, pine needles, wild rose, cedar, incense and tonka bean. In 100 ml Eau de Toilette

Default Re: Burberry Brit Limited Edition For Men in October

link please?

Edit: yes I'm aware of the existence of Google: http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/09/14...ew-fragrances/
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

So, is it different from the original? I have it in my wardrobe and have been seriously thinking about throwing it out. It smells of baby wipes to me.

Lost - Bergamot, Ginger, Cardamon, Amber & Patchouli.

Gained - Bay Leaf, Pine Needles, Incense.

Definitely going to smell less 'dandy' than normal Brit, probably quite medicinal. I will definitely give it a test, but I like Brit as it is, and I have Body Kouros for that sweet medicinal feel.
    Last edited by andym72; 15th September 2010 at 08:51 PM.

Brit is my favorite in the Burberry line so I'll be eager to try this, even though I really don't care for incense.

I like the original but it's not masculine enough for me.
    The reason I don't buy it is because I don't feel comfortable with it.

Please let this be a more masculine Brit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I like the original but it's not masculine enough for me.
    The reason I don't buy it is because I don't feel comfortable with it.

Please let this be a more masculine Brit!!!
    Your prayers have been answered. I just got some. Check it out yourself. Even though I really like original Brit, I actually like this more.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Your prayers have been answered. I just got some. Check it out yourself. Even though I really like original Brit, I actually like this more.
    Does it smell anything like london, brit, touch ? Where does it differ ? better sillage and longevity ? What remains the same ? worth getting if you have brit already ? 1 million questions inc

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    Does it smell anything like london, brit, touch ? Where does it differ ? better sillage and longevity ? What remains the same ? worth getting if you have brit already ? 1 million questions inc
    What he said

It seems they removed the floral note and replaced it with a leathery note. It doesn't smell anything like Touch or London, just a darker take on Brit. I haven't given it a full wearing yet, but I would say sillage and longevity remain the same from my brief testing.

I would say it is worth getting if you were looking for a more masculine version of Brit. I love Brit, but this version has been what I have been looking for. I will keep both in my wardrobe.

And it is not powdery.

I see you're in the US, where were you able to find this? Thanks

Brit + pine, bay leaf and incense? Wow, that sounds good!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

It was at Lord & Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    I see you're in the US, where were you able to find this? Thanks
    Bloomingdales. It is also available on the Macy's website.

Thanks guys!

Bloomingdales. It is also available on the Macy's website.
    so in your opinion they're different enough to own both?

When I was at Macy's yesterday after work they were getting ready to add this to the displays. They did not have a tester out yet but assured me it would be out today. Looks like most places will have it out by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    So, is it different from the original? I have it in my wardrobe and have been seriously thinking about throwing it out. It smells of baby wipes to me.
    If you do throw it out can you aim towards my house?

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    so in your opinion they're different enough to own both?
    For me, yes.

nordstrom has it....different from original..reminds of a more mild CDG Zagorsk

Sur la Plage

I didn't think it was anything special. I prefer the original Brit much more than this flanker, soon to be found at your local Marshalls/TJ Maxx.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 10th October 2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks, I will test it as soon as possible.

Bought this at Bloomingdales yesterday and I love it! It's definitely Burberry Brit, but it's now been made less powdery and a bit warmer. I wore it on a drive to the country yesterday and I thought I was smelling pine needles from the trees, but it was actually the new BB. The marketing for this really sells it as a holiday/ Christmassy scent, but I find it going to be perfect for fall/ winter. I lost my 1oz bottle of Burberry Brit (original) and I was frantically looking for it. Now that I have the Limited Edition, my search will be a little less frantic. I'm good.

O my...... A limited edition of baby wipes..... I must test this as Brit is nothing BUT baby wipes!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Imo the limited edition is just brit with a little less floral and a bit more in spices. Not worth the 72 ~ dollar price tag if you already have original brit.

I smelled this today. I can definitely smell the original Brit but like it's been said, the rose and powder is gone and replaced with a lot of incense and woods. It's like the bottle suggests, it's darker than the original. It's not something i'd own, since i already have Zirh Ikon and for now that satisfies my incensy scent.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I'm about to spray some of my Brit on right now. You know, when I first got Brit, I wanted to wear it all the time. But then I kept readin about how it's such a fall scent, so I wore it less and decided to wait for fall to bring it out. Well by the time fall came (year before last or maybe last year), I didn't really have much desire to reach for it too often. Also, brit to me is kinda formal, so unless I was dressed the part as well, I didn't always feel my attire was appropriate for it. So basically I have kinda abandoned my Brit, but occassionally revisit it, because I remember how fond I was of it when I was first introduced to it.

They lightened the pepper a little and turned up the rose. Blah..
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    it smells like baby powder to me, i feel like an infant when i smell it or a proud father to a newborn baby

I like Brit, so I will be looking out for this one ( but not at retail price). The thing is, like Larwiz, I never wear it. I know why, its kind of linear. There are some other reasons too. But Brit is nice.

By the way, for those who think Brit smells like baby wipes, you should :

a) Smell some baby wipes
    b) Smell Bulgari Blu Notte
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    it smells like baby powder to me, i feel like an infant when i smell it or a proud father to a newborn baby
    wait so does the limited edition smell like baby powder still?

So its agreed this isn't worth retail, but worth it if you don't have brit and was looking to purchase brit.

Hrmmm... Brit used to be a major love of mine but there's something to it now that feels a bit cloying and sickmaking. I think I can only wear it in the coldest weather. I still have some great nostalgia for it though and I still think it's a great scent.

Looking forward to trying this one... too bad it's not currently available in sizes smaller than 100ml. That's just way too much of almost any scent. I'm hoping there are some testers around my local stores.

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    wait so does the limited edition smell like baby powder still?
    I believe they were both referencing the original Brit.

Quote Originally Posted by thierry mugler View Post
    They lightened the pepper a little and turned up the rose. Blah..
    You have it backwards my good man.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    By the way, for those who think Brit smells like baby wipes, you should :

a) Smell some baby wipes
    b) Smell Bulgari Blu Notte
    Exactly.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

o okay, but does this one smell like baby powder like the original? That was the main reason why i dont like brit

So its agreed this isn't worth retail, but worth it if you don't have brit and was looking to purchase brit.
    Well, I don't know if "we" all agreed to that. I guess I made that comment. But that was just speaking for myself.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

A few hours into the Limited Edition, it moves far away from the original. No baby powder to be found. Just a warm, cozy incense and wood smell that is great for the cold weather.

I saw this one today and gave it a very brief test. I was never a huge fan of the original Brit-- I thought it was OK, but just never suited me. I don't look like I should reek of wedding cake-- at least that I know of.

I tried the limited edition and it was kind of nice-- I could really smell the bay leaf easily. I thought it was nice, but nothing I felt strongly drawn to. The girl I was with said it was good, but not really my style. I want to try it again. I want to retry the London special edition again also.