Code of Conduct

Default Looking for florals: please, tell me about Fleurs d'Oranger alternatives!

Need some florals for my wardrobe.

I've tested Fleurs D'Oranger and I loved it. I'm thinking about a full bottle here, but first i'd like to know if you have any alterative to offer me

Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for florals: please, tell me about Fleurs d'Oranger alternatives!

Test Penhaligon's Castile.

Default Re: Looking for florals: please, tell me about Fleurs d'Oranger alternatives!

Thanks Dullah, but here is kinda hard to test it. Don't know if Penhaligons ships decants...

Blog Entries

Hi Postumo, you don't say which country you are in, but Luckyscent have samples of Penhaligons scents on their website, including Castile. They ship overseas & provide an excellent service. You might also like Neroli by Profumum, it's expensive but very fresh, & long-lasting for a citrus.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Try Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford and/or Orange Blossom Cologne by Jo Malone. Or...why not just buy Fleurs d'Oranger? It's wonderful.

I know I know... i'm from Spain, and I do love Fleurs d'Oranger. I was just investigating if there were other orange blossom/jasmin fragances out there that i don't know and could be better than fleurs d'oranger.

I'm thinking about getting FdO, just wanted to have options

It may be worth trying Fleur d'Oranger's close cousin within the line, Mandarine Mandarin. It's thicker and more oriental, with a peculiar immortelle-celery accord in the base with some amber, and a curious pithy orange note in the top, with a similar floral accord borrowed from Fleurs d'Oranger.

For a completely different interpretation of orange blossom, there's always Vero Profumo's Rubj. Very soapy, musky, bright orange blossom; quite different from Fleurs d'Orangers warm, rich, spicy version but actually quite a bit more intense ( as befits a parfum ). It lasts forever on me.

For a neroli fragrance, I was recently quite taken by APOM pour Femme by Francis Kurkdjian. There's something incredibly attractive about the top notes. I can't imagine a better orange-blossom for summer.

I will also mention - as I always do when Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino has been mention up-thread - Comme des Garcons Anbar. The Tom Ford has a slightly headier neroli note to start, but I find they essentially dry down to be the same fragrance, and Anbar is by far the more affordable one.

Cheaper designer fragrances you can try are Fleur du Male and Artisan.

Wait, am I missing something? There are multiple Fleurs d'Oranger, are there not? Unless this thread is a continuation from another thread I haven't read, how do you guys know which he is talking about?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Wait, am I missing something? There are multiple Fleurs d'Oranger, are there not? Unless this thread is a continuation from another thread I haven't read, how do you guys know which he is talking about?
    Good point. I just assumed it was Serge's...

L'Artisan Parfumeur - La chasse aux papillons extrême

The nearest of the Serge Lutens FO, and one of the few AP who last more than 3 hours

Annick Goutal's Un Matin d'Orage and Neroli are great smelling...Un Matin d'Orage has petitgrain and orange blossom aroma !Fantastic..fresh green floral...Neroli by AG is one of my best smelling Neroli scent that i love I recommend you trying
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Kenzo Power
    Ungaro Iii

Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger by Prada - I consider this one unisex
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com