Code of Conduct

Question Does Chanel 19 EDP still exist?

Hi, newbie here. Chanel 19 was my favorite perfume - the EDT never smelled the same on me. Is there anywhere you can get the original perfume anymore? According to Chanel it is unavailable in the States. Many websites offer it but are those fakes? Is it even made anymore anyplace? Any info is appreciated. Thanks, whereis19

Default Re: Does Chanel 19 EDP still exist?

Ebay is your friend, just do your search before buying from it.

Basenotes Institution

Wel ,when I was in S E Asia- the EDP is widely available there. I used to visit the Chanel counter just to spritz myself with it. I think it is also available in Europe . I think it maybe a matter of distribution worldwide. It's highly frustrating that Chanel don't sell the EDP here in the US.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

But what guarantee is there that what is on Ebay is real? And I made a mistake, not EDP - straight perfume - just found one of my old bottles.

Umm, again, ebay.

And what guarantees you? Don't be paranoid, Ebay is a reliable place. Just do your research, see if the seller has good feedback, has he sold the same kind of items and got positive feedback regarding it's authenticity?

Basenotes Institution

The parfum is sold for sure but I am not sure about the US, again. You could call a Chanel boutique. I know there is no parfum available from Chanel online. There are lots of Chanel fakes on Ebay so be wise about choosing your seller ,if you go the Ebay route.
    Alternatively, check the Basenotes sales threads ....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I've gotten the extrait three different ways:

- That little coffret they came out with for a couple of years, with tiny doses of several different parfums. It might come out again. (Edited to add: It was a Christmas thing.)
    - A decant from The Perfumed Court.
    - Friends went to Paris and bought me a bottle there. My understanding is that the Paris-bought stuff is better, because they use a better alcohol that, because it's potable, they can't use for export to the US.

I remember someone saying that there's such thing as "shopping services" if you want the authentic French stuff, but I don't know any details.

If you fear eBaying because you'd have to judge the result from memory, you could get a tiny decant from The Perfumed Court (I consider them thoroughly trustworthy) and use it to judge what you eBay. But I fully understand the nervousness about eBay purchases.
    Last edited by ChickenFreak; 15th September 2010 at 09:07 PM.

In some "import" perfume stores in the US, they still sell Chanel No. 19 EDP. I recall they sold One Million Paco Rabanne long before its official release in the U.S. You might try that as well.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

It definitely exists as I have a new bottle (from last year)!

N.19 edp exists and it's widely available in EU. don't know about the distribution in US.
    Anyway, as already suggested here, you can check the sales thread here on BN or maybe let some friend living in UE buy some for you.

Sur la Plage

I found it in a Duty Free store.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

You might try calling Bergdorf Goodman in NYC. They're very informative with great customer service.

I just brought No. 19 EDP few months ago in SE Asia, in Langkawi Malaysia- a duty free island that is full of perfume stores. However I got the last bottle of the EDP they had in the store. I decided to buy the same for my mother in law the next day just to find out there were no more. So I had to buy her the EDT instead.