Code of Conduct

Default Talk to me about Bvlgari...

...and why don't they just spell it "Bulgari"????

But that's not why I'm posting.

I own Omnia, and I do love it. So I thought I might like some other fragrances in the line, and have ordered/won minis of Rose Essentialle and Au The Vert. What others do you think I should try?

Are you a Bvlgari fan? If not, why not? Discuss.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Default Re: Talk to me about Bvlgari...

I love Eau D'Ete...but that's the only Bvlgari that I remember trying.

Basenotes Institution

Jasmine Noir is worth a sniff. Au The Vert is one of my Mom's favorite scents- it's lovely.
    Not my favorite house - there are too many other houses that take precedence over Bulgari , for me .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

My daughter and I both love bulgari pour femme, it's worth a try.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Well,I know they use the "v" in the spelling because that is the "u" sound in traditional Italian,but boy,does it confuse things!I imagine more people mispronounce it than would if they just spelled it "Bulgari".I'm still not sure if I say it right.As far as their fragrances,I remember the original Omnia being the only one of that series I liked.I peeked at your wardrobe and we seem to share some common tastes;one that I really love is Blu Notte.If you like iris-y,powdery orientals you should definitely check it out.The name is not fitting at all,IMO,it's perfect day or night,in any season.I'm also eager to try Blu 2 based on its notes.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I have two current favourites from them: Jasmin Noir and Black. Both are worth a sniff. I also used to like a lot the original Omnia. The Verte and Blanc and the original Bvlgari are also good, classy feminine scents, though not favourites of mine. I could not wrap my head around The Rouge and found both Blu and Voile de Jasmin very generic and boring.

I love Au The Rouge, but it is discontinued. Good thing I have a back-up bottle. I also like Black and Blue II
    Evenstar

Jasmin Noir and BLV Notte pour Femme are the only two that I care for. Even though Bvlgari does amazing scents, they just don't seem to work with my chemistry. I can't do green or aquatics, they seem to turn to bug spray on my skin. So Omnia Crytalline and Pour Femme and Rose Essentiale did not work on me.

Bulgari Black is one of my all-time favourites, I also like Omnia a lot.

Bulgari pour femme is lovely, too, but not quite me somehow, so I never bought it despite testing it several times.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Bulgari Black is a great scent ! Voile de Jasmin was disappointing - as Bonsai said.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I like and eventually will get Pour Femme.I tried Omnia and liked it but I can only smell it for 36 minutes and everyone else can smell it just fine so I passed it to my mom who loves it .This way I still enjoy it just second hand.I like and have Au the Vert and Extremee,and LOVE Blu,and Blu Notte . I just won some Au Rouge 3.3 0z I can't remember if I tried it but I heard it is similar to Omnia so probably Mom &/or I will give it a loving home and proper attention.
    I will probably try all bulgari scents sooner or later.

DeepSilence

3+ Bvlgari Black..., Just let it to day down, about 30 minutes or 1 hour !!

Basenotes Plus

I bought Rose Essentialle blind and was disappointed- very nondescript rose with terrible longevity
    Liked Au The Rouge, by itself or layered with the aforementioned rose.
    sampled voile de jasmin- pass
    Bought Jasmin Noir from discounter- it has much better longevity than previous scents
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

the only one I own is Black. It seems to have disappeared from the shelves these days.

I have sampled other but they never seem to last on my skin, never had a problem with any other house. So I refuse to buy if it does not last at least 4 hours.
    DONNA

Another endorsement for Black, I love it. Of the other ones I've tried, Jasmin Noir was nice but rather pale and nondescript on me, pour Homme Soir is nice as well, Omnia I seem to be anosmic to - can barely smell a thing, I've tried both on skin and paper several times. Au Thé Vert is a very good green tea.

Sur la Plage

I love Black. The rest of the female/unisex scents I find rather boring......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

I have several Bvlgari's and like them alot. I find that they are very soft and pretty. I have Pour Femme, Rose Essentielle, Jasmin Noir, Voile de Jasmin, Omnia Crystalline, Omnia Amethyste and BLV II. My favorites are probably BLV II and Jasmin Noir. My husband really likes these, he's not a fan of heavy or strong perfume. Also, I seem to get alot of compliments from strangers when I wear these, especially the BLV II and Pour Femme.

I love original Omnia, Bvlgari pour Femme, Rose Essentielle, Voile de Jasmin (it's extremely faint to my nose, but husband likes this one), Thé Verte, and Black. I'm a bit indifferent to Blv and the other Omnias. I liked Jasmin Noir for a while, but there is something there that bothers me, maybe the woods. My mother loves it - and it smells very nice on her.

Count me as another fan of Black.

Like some others have stated, Bvlgari has been a disappointment for me, too. I like Black but not enough to own it, and I've tried many of the others with virtually no memory of them. Rose Essentielle is nice, but I find it rather boring and non-innovative and very fleeting. The only one I've tried with any longevity (other than Black) is Blv II, but on me it's a licori/patch/berry/violet mess - I was given a fb so I keep trying to like it but have failed.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I also like Black and Blue II

Hahaha, sounds like something the MMA champ would wear..
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Bulgari Black is the one you need to try.

Bvlgari Black
    Jasmin Noir EdP
    Au the Vert

Speaking of Bvlgari house, has anybody tried BLV Absolute?

Hi Alicka! I have a bottle of Omnia here with your name on it. My apologies. Must get off my lazy backside and post it to you!

I like Jasmin Noir a lot - to my nose, it is full of high-quality ingredients and it feels classic and elegant to me. It's an excellent non-indolic jasmine.

But the blockbuster of the brand for me is the sexy, cozy, kinky marvel that is Black. You'll find it in the Men's section, but don't let that scare you, it's actually unisex, but they have to put it over there so the boys will wear it too. (And oh how lovely when they do! It is utterly neck-snugglable.) Black combines rubber, leather and vanilla in a way that is just remarkable. Please do try it. There's nothing else out there remotely like it and it's glorious. It's NOT butch, it IS unique.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    ...and why don't they just spell it "Bulgari"????
    But that's not why I'm posting.
    They do call it Bulgari... on their own website it is "Bulgari" when used in text, but "Bvlgari" when shown as the logotype and when in all-caps to mimic the logotype. The u that looks like a v is just a letter form mannerism intended to make them look old-world. (I'm guessing they may have since regretted that idea! No one knows how to spell it, or where in an alphabetized list to look for it.)

I used to really like their fragrances when they started out , but feel they have wandered a bit off track with the later offerings !
    Bulgari pour Femme , and pour Homme are both good ,the womans especially ! Au The Vert is a really lovely light cologne , which I always go back to , Black , fantastic fragrance , totally unique , everyone should have a bottle !
    All the others didn't seem to have the same class as the first few launches ! I thought BLV for men was just awful !

Bvlgari is one of my favorite houses! Omnia is one of my favorite perfumes. I really love Au The Rouge as well as Au The Vert. I was unimpressed by Jasmin Noir at first, but loved it on subsequent tries. I also like Omnia Green Jade. It seems a lot of people are anosmiac to some of the notes they use in their perfumes. I have never had any problems with longevity from them.