Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed application

Hey Folks,

I use to think GIT was an average scent, until the compliments starting coming! After several wearings, I've come to the conclusion that this is an amazing scent that gets better as it dries down. Do you find GIT can be too cloying if overapplied? How many sprays work for you to generate projection and longevity?

Nick

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed application

The age old question: How many sprays?

You're getting to know it and have to find what works for you.

I don't think it's "cloying" if over applied, but it might get toooo strong.

Everyones experience with GIT - a very popular frag here - is a bit different. I know some people who say one spray is all they can take. Others pour it on.

I go about 5. It lasts about 6 hours on me.

Trial and error. First time I used it only did 2 sprays.
    Didn't last long on me. Well I couldn't tell after 2 hours, that was very disappointing.
    Then over time I found 4 sprays works for me. I get 8-10 hours on that.

Some people I spoke to say GIT smells BETTER when someone catches the sillage trail from the scent, do you guys agree?

For me 3-4 sprays from the Creed leather atomizer, or 1.5-2 if spraying from the 4 oz. glass flask. I can still detect faint sillage after 18 hours.

It's pretty strong, but inoffensive.
    I normally go 6-8 in summer, 8-12 in winter

I bought this because of the rave reviews all over and i didnt really enjoy it even though i really tried to =[. Im more into the sweet fragrances then the green ones. Maybe its just bad on my skin hopefully!

This is one of the few fragrances I spray quite heavily, sometimes eight sprays, one to each wrist, two to the neck, and four to various areas of the torso. Never gets cloying or overpowering on me, but then again I'm still on the first bottle I've ever purchased of it and from what I understand the batches can vary greatly.

-Not cloying imo. As with most of the light/fresh scents from Creed, I have to use quite a lot. I use 5-6 spray of G-I-T. 3 on the chest, and 3 on the neck. I also use the shower gel. The magic in this fragrance comes in the dry-down. It`s absolut heavenly!

i go 4 sprays. go big or go home! seriously though, i understand the cloying comment. it does stick close as well as project. the thing is, most people who wear it LOVE the scent, so it can be as strong as it wants in their nostrils, they like it. if you find it to be just ok i can see how it would bug you. im one of the people who love it.

I went 4 for work today. It would take a lot of this to offend anyone. 4 makes me happy.

3 sprays max for me.

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    I bought this because of the rave reviews all over and i didnt really enjoy it even though i really tried to =[. Im more into the sweet fragrances then the green ones. Maybe its just bad on my skin hopefully!
    Strange as i always thaught GIT was on the sweet side of things, albeit not a vanillic sweetness, more of a natural sweetness from it's other ingredients.

Got a nice compliment today on GIT from a salesman at a jewelry store while buying a B-Day gift for my wife. Seemed sincere...who knows?!

Apologies for sneaking in my question here, but when you say 3 sprays, what are the spots? The standard, I'd assume to be wrist, chest and neck?

Does anyone here spray on the same place twice (as to increase the concentration)? What are the results?

Cheers,
    HF.

I would never waste my time a spray a scent one or two times.....I spray 5-6 times most of the time.....I find that GIT is one that's very difficult to overspray.....A fantastic scent!!!
    Gary

3 should do it, like umpteen others.