Code of Conduct

Thread: Blue Fog?

Default Blue Fog?

The circumstances of how I got this cologne is a little shady. I was dropping off a movie at my local blockbuster, when a man in a 2005 impala got my attention and asked me if I liked cologne. I told him i liked some, and he motioned me to come to the back of his car. I had nothing better to do, and was curious, so I went to see what he had to offer. He opened his trunk to show a large collection of NIB colognes. the one he pitched to me, that I initially found interesting was Blue Fog. Now, after smelling it for about an hour, I get a weird feeling about the quality of the product. First of all, the transaction was like a drug deal, so that was a red flag, and now when I try to research it on the internet, minimal results show up. My third red flag is that this website does not have a record of the fragrance, which is the most disheartening of all. Have I been duped? Did he give me a generic cologne and hype it up to be something more? He mentioned it had been discontinued, and just recently reinstated as a fragrance, with male pheromones in it, but now I don't know if any of this is true.
    Any help?

Here is a picture of the box/bottle for reference.
    Last edited by McC4b3; 15th September 2010 at 04:01 AM.

Default Re: Blue Fog?

Hi! I understand your concern but this fragrance is actually an imitation cologne to the ever so classic Drakkar Noire. I doubt it's a fake or anything else along those lines but it is an imitation. If you paid anything over 10 bucks on this, you got ripped off. Try not to purchase anything from these sellers. I've had similar experiences with street vendors but in the end, I always decline since they're in the heat anyway, let alone a trunk. But hey, if you liked the scent, then more power to you! I hope this helped out

Yes that helps a lot. I did pay over 10, and for that I feel kind of stupid. He asked what cologne I wear, and I actually am a wearer of Drakkar noir, so he knew exactly what to sell to me. Well, life lesson I suppose, thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by McC4b3 View Post
    Yes that helps a lot. I did pay over 10, and for that I feel kind of stupid. He asked what cologne I wear, and I actually am a wearer of Drakkar noir, so he knew exactly what to sell to me. Well, life lesson I suppose, thanks for your input.
    I'm glad I could helped out! Don't feel stupid though, I've seen this sell online for around 15-20 dollars but I've also seen it in discount bins at asian/indian stores for under 10 dollars. I see the guy tried to swindle you from the getgo but as you said, lesson learned and next time you'll be better prepared
    Take care!

Perhaps it is well named though. After you first wear it you are blue, and also in a bit of a fog.