Code of Conduct

Default Advise on a purchase: Davidoff Cool Water

Hello guys,
    I need an advice from any of you experts on Cool Water, since I have possibility to bought a bottle by distance, and would like to avoid a bad bought.
    Here the picture, It is a demonstration bottle, but I want to be sure it is a good bought. I tryed to compare it to other pics found on web, but seems cool water has different versions. I am not an expert on it, so I really can't recognize it from pic.
    Thanks

Default Re: Advise on a purchase: Davidoff Cool Water

Where did you buy it? Normally the box is blue, so I'm guessing this is a fake.
    Acqua di Gi˛ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Where did you buy it? Normally the box is blue, so I'm guessing this is a fake.
    From a local online site.....like ebay but local...
    It is tester, so as far as I know, It should be white, not blue

The tester box of cool water is indeed white not blue.

The writing looks somewhat funny but i guess thats just the quality of the pic. I don't think anyone would go through the trouble of faking a CW, by that I mean actually building a bottle and coming up with a concoction thats looks alike (rather than the countless clones sold under various names).

A bigger problem you might stumble over is the possibility that the juice has gone bad but one cant see this through the bottle.
    If your worried so much, why not get one NIB? its not like CW is that expensive, right?
    Smellin good

this stuff is $20 from a reliable store. I don't even understand why you'd take such a risk, shipping for this would cost more than it's price to begin with so I doubt you made any savings. And please use the search function, a million other "did I get a fake" threads, you'll see what clues to look for, looks legit to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    this stuff is $20 from a reliable store. I don't even understand why you'd take such a risk, shipping for this would cost more than it's price to begin with so I doubt you made any savings. And please use the search function, a million other "did I get a fake" threads, you'll see what clues to look for, looks legit to me though.
    if you can find what you call "reliable store" where I can buy it for 20$ I will do it immediately.....probably you don't know price of it in Italy.....
    you are right about search but since I have a pic I thought It would have been simply to recognize a possible fake....instead of reading "look this....look that...."

Ya, just looks like a tester box to me. This off white/beige color is pretty common with testers.

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    if you can find what you call "reliable store" where I can buy it for 20$ I will do it immediately.....probably you don't know price of it in Italy.....
    you are right about search but since I have a pic I thought It would have been simply to recognize a possible fake....instead of reading "look this....look that...."
    Have you tried purchasing from the scented monkey, fragrancenet, fragrancex? Also, it's not that easy to tell if it's a fake or not from a picture, then o cap and white box suggests it's a tester, and tester aren't usually faked. It looks legit, but I doubt me saying that will make you feel not as worried.

There are three rows of letters at the bottom of the box.

EAU DE TOILETTE
    VAPORISATEUR
    And if I read properly - DEMONSTRATION, which is I suppose French word for tester.

It's a tester bottle. Should be fine.

Looks fine to me.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Looks fine to me too.

tester bottles almost certainly aren't fake.

yes, it is tester. I think it is written "demonstration" on the bottle.....but comparing to other pics found on google I can't find any one with "demonstration" on front of the bottle....I hope this is normal. Has anyone of you ever seen Cool Water tester bottle??
    And about logo on the box, I can see fron google there are two versions, one like the picture above with the name inside a square frame, and another one without that frame. I suppose Davidoff changed the logo design, do you know wich one is the latest one and the older one? Thanks

I think even google wont give you all late cool water demo bottles in a search.

If you're that uncertain about the purchase or if the price is that much of an subjectively high factor, no matter what the frag ultimately does cost, you probably shouldnt go for it.
    I mean we probably cant give you more reassurance that you have already got so far.

All I can say is that I have never come across a CW fake and considering it's one of my favourite frags I have seen a lot of CW bottles, most of them bought from ebay.
    Furthermore the bottle does look like a genuine demonstration bottle.

So I'd say it's as safe as it get's but if that's not safe enough, pass on it.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    yes, it is tester. I think it is written "demonstration" on the bottle.....but comparing to other pics found on google I can't find any one with "demonstration" on front of the bottle....I hope this is normal. Has anyone of you ever seen Cool Water tester bottle??
    And about logo on the box, I can see fron google there are two versions, one like the picture above with the name inside a square frame, and another one without that frame. I suppose Davidoff changed the logo design, do you know wich one is the latest one and the older one? Thanks
    I highly doubt someone who'd make such a good fake of a best seller would mess it up by putting "demonstration" on it if that's as rare as you claim.

AromiErotici

It looks perfectly fine to me.

ok thanks, I will buy and let you know what happens
    regarding the two different bottles, I attach some pics: tha first one is that one like the tester I am gonna buy, the second one has different logo, and It appears on Davidoff web site. I am curious to know if this one, since it is on web site, is the latest version....I am sure some of you that use it since years has already noticed it.....

looks like tester - no cap, probably white box...

anyway if you want to get good cologne, save your money for anything better than CW

that's what YOU're saying MS...
    Smellin good

Looks like an older tester to me. I believe the logo with both Davidoff and Cool Water written in cursive script is older than the one in which Davidoff is written in block letters.