Code of Conduct

Default Anybody heard about vintage Cuir de Russie EdC?

pls comment if it exists and is worth to buy. Thanks

Default Re: Anybody heard about vintage Cuir de Russie EdC?

I bought a 100ml bottle of Chanel´s Cuir de Russie ( EDC ) on Ebay.
    The seller told me it´s from the 30´s or 40´s. It´s still not here but when it
    has arrived I can send you a sample if you like. I´m curious in which condition the fragrance is after such a long time.

Michael
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

I wanted to revive the thread - any owners of vintage Chanel Cuir de Russie Eau de Cologne, or vintage Chanel EdC's like Bois des Iles? Curious!

I have a vintage 100ml bottle of Bois des Iles but it is edt. It is ever so slightly more creamy/velvety than my Exclusif bottle. It is the splash version and I ADORE it. I would hoard this by the bottle if I could. It was from an estate sale and was still in cello when I got it.

I'm looking for one of these, myself... I have a decant from the older (pre-Exclusif) Bois des Iles EdT and it's glorious. Less aldehydic and definitely more creamy and smooth with the sandalwood in the mid/base! It is close to perfection, no? Congrats on the score, Jane! I need to start going to more estate sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Daly View Post
    I have a vintage 100ml bottle of Bois des Iles but it is edt. It is ever so slightly more creamy/velvety than my Exclusif bottle. It is the splash version and I ADORE it. I would hoard this by the bottle if I could. It was from an estate sale and was still in cello when I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I'm looking for one of these, myself... I have a decant from the older (pre-Exclusif) Bois des Iles EdT and it's glorious. Less aldehydic and definitely more creamy and smooth with the sandalwood in the mid/base! It is close to perfection, no? Congrats on the score, Jane! I need to start going to more estate sales!
    I could drink it