Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Habit Rouge EDP Reformulated

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Maybe not that simple, as usual. I stocked up on the leather-cased HR EdP the last time this issue was up on BN some months ago, only to find out that my old 2005 bottle (100% similar bottle and leather case) smelled warmer and creamier. I actually felt that the newer leather bottles I bought had a weaker agarwood feel and more patchouli. Could be ageing though. On me, the EdP lasts forever.
    I was actually surprised to hear that the leather-cased EDP HAD oud. Like you Mr. G., it lasts forever, 12 or more hours. But then again, so does a vintage version of the EDC.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

One bottle of Beau Cavalier will do it for me.

The EdP has really been reformulated to be, to my nose, more in the line of a concentrated EdT
    The oudwood note has been replaced by a more proeminent iris and leather accord; but the drydown, at least on a paper strip, is too sweet and synthetic

Hi everyone, I have some questions for Habit Rouge experts, and they concern the EdP reformulation (from "faux leather" bottle to glass bottle).

I know the difference is that the new EdP doesn't have agarwood, and the old does. But has anyone actually tested the diffferences on skin, i.e. full wearing? And if so, what are they and which do you prefer? Also, are they different enough so that owning both would not be superfluous?

I'm asking also because I suspect the new EdP is more "leathery" than the older viersion, and the older is more "woody," but I kind of like the idea of a leathery habit rouge--so maybe in this case the newer reformulation might be rather good, i.e. a totally different variant than just a "bad" reformulatoin.

Thanks so much for any clarification!

I have the OSO1 EDP batch (May 2010 without simili).
    I confirm that when comparing it to the EDP with simili and M7, EDP with simili is between M7 and HR EDP OSO1 May 2010.
    EDP with simili has less citrus the new EDP.
    EDP with simili HAS LOVELY oud (similar to Jubilation XXV, smells more expensive than M7), the new EDP doesn't have it.
    The new EDP is similar to the EDT, but you have to wait longer for the exquisite drydown.
    As lasting power of EDT is already decent, I would stay with the original EDT.
    But please Guerlain you should sell the simili EDP again!!!

Getting a friend to pick up a bottle of the EDP for me in Paris, what's the current incarnation like? I see that the Guerlain web-site lists Oud still as a base note.

The EDT is enough of an atom bomb. I can't imagine what a parfum version would bring.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    The EDT is enough of an atom bomb. I can't imagine what a parfum version would bring.
    The Eau de Parfum is being discussed here, but there is an actual parfum concentration that I have a very small sample of. It's fantastic and warm. It's not particularly similar to other Habit Rouge concentrations in my opinion. I really think you would love it.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    The Eau de Parfum is being discussed here, but there is an actual parfum concentration that I have a very small sample of. It's fantastic and warm. It's not particularly similar to other Habit Rouge concentrations in my opinion. I really think you would love it.
    The parfum version is wonderful if you can find it, but I am happiest with the EDT and the EDP.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

So does that make Habit Rouge EDP an acceptable smell? Or are there better versions out there excluding the pure parfum.

Cheers