Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: AXE Presents: Scents That Turn Girls On - A Study

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Cool! But why do girls fall for the smell of BBQ- assuming that the theory is true?
    I've never traveled to Texas, but I am quite interested in cuisine. Apparently, BBQ is almost like religion in certain parts of the Southern United States. Through generations, I would assume that it has become such an ingrained portion of the culture as to have created a connection between men that cook it and attractiveness. Thus, the smell is but one more variable in that connection.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Well, for starters, Houston doesn't have good barbecue. A lot of the famous places -- City Market in Luling, Smitty's in Lockhart and Cooper's in Llano, for example -- are closer to Austin and San Antonio. And how often does a Dallas resident even use a fireplace? I'm thinking either the study is fictitious or the questions had some type of bias involved. Was the researcher's name Dr. I. Noz Sents?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    And 56% of girls don't like what their father smelled like? maybe not specifically, but smelling like the girls parents or remind her of her childhood in a good way works for me
    That alone shows their research is BS. I could see that maybe if you're talking about teenagers. Most evidence for young women shows the exact opposite. What evidence? Real life. Better than any "poll".

This same so called poll also said 1 in 4 "girls" wait over a month to wash their sheets to keep their man's "scent". I can't imagine what that scent would even be like after a month of who knows what going on in that bed. Sounds white trash to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    This same so called poll also said 1 in 4 "girls" wait over a month to wash their sheets to keep their man's "scent". I can't imagine what that scent would even be like after a month of who knows what going on in that bed. Sounds white trash to me.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post

WELL quite honestly, I am a guy and i do not wash my sheets for a very long time. I barely wash my sheets, mayb three or four times a year max. And believe me, plenty happens all the time every week. BUT it still smells quite pleasant for some reason. i don't know just my experience