Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default AXE Presents: Scents That Turn Girls On - A Study

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: AXE Presents: Scents That Turn Girls On - A Study

The horror.

Ahh, Axe used to have good campaigns, now it's just cheesy. I think it's really easy to know what girls like, Vanilla...everybody loves vanilla. And usually sweet fragrances, but their love isn't as objective.

And 56% of girls don't like what their father smelled like? maybe not specifically, but smelling like the girls parents or remind her of her childhood in a good way works for me. I don't understand this whole "fragrances that turn girls on" thing. Smelling good is just one thing that could attract a girl, but just like dressing up nicely, making her laugh and so on. The only fragrances that I found to have such effects are either really well done amber/vanilla fragrances or something with an animalic note, which is risky and could do the opposite job. And even when a fragrance does that, it's a very mild effect. Oh well, Axe knows what they're doing and they're doing it well.

At least I'm very happy they stopped their "Mix and Match" and "The more you spray the more girls you get" campaigns.....Now those were not harmless.

Ill I have to say is YIKES!!

I like how they have barbeque listed for Houston. That very well may be true.

Some do the knowledge, some do the math.

So, does this mean that a guy in Texas could put some BBQ sauce in strategic places and get lucky?

Happy trails to you, lil doggy!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

God I hate Axe.

Somebody should pass this along to Dudester!

I think it says more about the girls surveyed than Axe. Ugh, you get what you bait for.

Haha, this was fun to read. Thanks for link Petruccijc.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I want to move to Dallas now.

Well that was fun to read! Vanilla is the number one smell overall and coffee for the east coast? Well this shall come in handy
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

the smell of freshly printed 100 dollar bills. 60% of the time it works every time.

^ HAHAHAH nice

i like how Houston is BBQ. Anyway i found this amusing to read, it doesnt seem too inaccurate either ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Well that was fun to read! Vanilla is the number one smell overall and coffee for the east coast? Well this shall come in handy
    It's not surprise that vanilla is the number one. But Coffee? as a student who lives in a city, the smell of coffee is quite depressing, it implies sleep deprivation and all nighters.

Guess that's why so many girls like Play Intense. Coffee, chocolate, vanilla, and I also get a rather strong lavender absolute note (I think this is part of the coffee flower accord, as coffee flower is supposed to smell like a mix of orange blossom and jasmine).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Who the ..., wants to date in Philadelphia?

How did all of these cities just happen to have different tastes in scents?

Quote Originally Posted by FragDeck View Post
    the smell of freshly printed 100 dollar bills. 60% of the time it works every time.
    Maybe I am crazy, but I think Hermes Orange Verte smells like crisp money.

Cool! But why do girls fall for the smell of BBQ- assuming that the theory is true?

Because Houston usually always ranks way up there in fattest people in the U.S.? I don't know, this survey is probably fictitious.

Axe deodorants stink. Don't know why people bother about them, aside the youngest boys that are fooled by cheese marketing campaigns.

I don't get it: where are the acquatics in all this? If the USA prefers vanilla, why Aqua Di Gio and Cool Water are such big hits? Shouldn't it be Shalimar? or Habit Rouge? Or Raw Vanilla?

BTW, there is no technical data as to metholodogical aspects of the research done, thus we don't have any clues as to the reliability of the infomation provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    So, does this mean that a guy in Texas could put some BBQ sauce in strategic places and get lucky?

Happy trails to you, lil doggy!
    In my 40 years here I've never tried it.....well unless you count drunk messy eating ribs at the BBQ Cookoff ......hmmm..there were a lot of women around me.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    It's not surprise that vanilla is the number one. But Coffee? as a student who lives in a city, the smell of coffee is quite depressing, it implies sleep deprivation and all nighters.
    For me, the smell of coffee is comforting. So it's kind of weird that it ends up being a scent that "turns women on". I get more fuzzy sweater than speedo.. but what do I know!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    In my 40 years here I've never tried it.....well unless you count drunk messy eating ribs at the BBQ Cookoff ......hmmm..there were a lot of women around me.
    ..like Van Gogh's dog, just patiently waiting for that second ear to hit the ground.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

i used axe in high school lol, but basically fresh grassy, florals and gourmands win the battle i guess.

Hey, I love to bash Axe as much as the next guy, but I found this very interesting. I'm not sure how accurate the results were, because I'm not too sure of how controlled the surveys were, or how many options were given etc. But, still, I find this to be a very worthy read.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by FragDeck View Post
    +1 That it does.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Cool! But why do girls fall for the smell of BBQ- assuming that the theory is true?
    I've never traveled to Texas, but I am quite interested in cuisine. Apparently, BBQ is almost like religion in certain parts of the Southern United States. Through generations, I would assume that it has become such an ingrained portion of the culture as to have created a connection between men that cook it and attractiveness. Thus, the smell is but one more variable in that connection.

Well, for starters, Houston doesn't have good barbecue. A lot of the famous places -- City Market in Luling, Smitty's in Lockhart and Cooper's in Llano, for example -- are closer to Austin and San Antonio. And how often does a Dallas resident even use a fireplace? I'm thinking either the study is fictitious or the questions had some type of bias involved. Was the researcher's name Dr. I. Noz Sents?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    And 56% of girls don't like what their father smelled like? maybe not specifically, but smelling like the girls parents or remind her of her childhood in a good way works for me
    That alone shows their research is BS. I could see that maybe if you're talking about teenagers. Most evidence for young women shows the exact opposite. What evidence? Real life. Better than any "poll".

This same so called poll also said 1 in 4 "girls" wait over a month to wash their sheets to keep their man's "scent". I can't imagine what that scent would even be like after a month of who knows what going on in that bed. Sounds white trash to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    This same so called poll also said 1 in 4 "girls" wait over a month to wash their sheets to keep their man's "scent". I can't imagine what that scent would even be like after a month of who knows what going on in that bed. Sounds white trash to me.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post

WELL quite honestly, I am a guy and i do not wash my sheets for a very long time. I barely wash my sheets, mayb three or four times a year max. And believe me, plenty happens all the time every week. BUT it still smells quite pleasant for some reason. i don't know just my experience