Code of Conduct

Default Love Creed Sublime Vanille; looking for other great vanilla scents

Sublime Vanille is the benchmark. Am not looking to replace, or for an alternative--rather, just would like to find one or two additional vanilla fragrances to enjoy. Have tried the following without success:
    TF tobacco vanille; L' Artisan HV; Diptyque eau duelle; Montale Boise Vanille; Parfums Nicolai Vanille Tonka; and a few others I've lost track of.

Other vanilla fragrances I like, but not in the same league (for me) as Sublime: Serge Lutens Boise Vanille and Etro Etra.

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Default Re: Love Creed Sublime Vanille; looking for other great vanilla scents

FM Musc Ravageur of course. Tobacco Vanilla is one of my favorites, Serge Lutens Boise Vanilla is quite nice as well, but it has their familiar middle eastern pastry touch.

There are way too many fragrances with vanilla, it's impossible to point out the good ones. But I'd suggest looking for cheap pure vanilla perfumes from B&BW, The body shop, etc, don't be afraid they'd suck due to the price, some are quite decent...Vanilla is a hard note to mess up, also it's easy to make it smell unique.

Blog Entries

It seems like you've ruled out most of my picks, but don't forget SDV...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Vanille 44 by Le Labo
    Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    Vanitas by Profumum Roma

You can try some marketed to women, such as Mauboussin's original EdP (a rich and deep dried fruit/vanilla).

Jaipur Homme is well-regarded by the Basenotes crowd. Heavy vanilla notes. Give it a try.

ta for the tips! --looking forward to sampling all.

um, Shalimar?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Costa Azzura,
    Neroli Portofino,
    Plum Japonais, Lavender Palm and
    AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Sublime Vanille isn't what I would consider a vanilla benchmark scent, but should you insist on that premise I think you'll find many other vanillas out there that will meet and exceed. They have all been chosen very nicely here by the other folks, but I would give another endorsement for: Guerlain SDV, Shalimar (vintage parfum), Creed Angelique Encens (harder to find).

Sur la Plage

Micallef Note Vanillee
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread