Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Burberry London. Projection and longevity.

Hi everybody! I think London is the best scent from Burberry, and perfect use for autumn/winter. I own a bottle of London couple of years ago, but if I don`t remember wrong was the projection and longevity quite low.. What do you think? Does it last on your skin?

Default Re: Burberry London. Projection and longevity.

I'd say medium to strong projection. Longevity is moderate, 4-8 hours on me, but few fragrances agree with my skin when it comes to longevity. So overall a moderate fragrance in those terms, I wouldn't consider it for the winter, I'd go for something stronger.

I would recommend spraying this one on clothes. Too many people on here I think are against this but some fragrances I feel are best on clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I would recommend spraying this one on clothes. Too many people on here I think are against this but some fragrances I feel are best on clothing.
    Oh yeah, I second that. My dad sprays it on his clothes, and it smells good on him, the boozy top notes last much longer, does london even have a dry down? it seems to be all about the top and mid notes, then meh. I wouldn't worry about what some people here think, you bought the fragrance, enjoy it, just have a trusty friend who let's you know when you've put too much.

It has very good longevity on me, and sillage is fine - I am aware of its presence all day.

I think this is a really great scent, and in fact I much prefer it to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille which I briefly owned before selling it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great scent but the longevity is poor on me. I'm going to try spraying it on clothes. It may not hurt to spray some in your hands and then run it through your hair, since fragrances also last longer in hair. I have women friends who do this all the time.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Post Thanks / Like

im one of those who gets strange longevity and projection, 4-5 hours on me, stays pretty much close to the skin the entire time, i agree with the comments about wearing it in the winter, its too light for me, its the perfect autumn scent IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    This is a great scent but the longevity is poor on me. I'm going to try spraying it on clothes. It may not hurt to spray some in your hands and then run it through your hair, since fragrances also last longer in hair. I have women friends who do this all the time.
    Sadly, not all of us share your advantage of having hair

Post Thanks / Like

It varies from person to person. On me it lasts 10+ hours with quite good projection.

Post Thanks / Like

Projection is low to moderate. Longevity is relatively poor unless applied to clothing. When applied to clothing longevity is good (8-10 hours). This is just a great smelling fragrance.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Projection and longevity are average for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    It may not hurt to spray some in your hands and then run it through your hair, since fragrances also last longer in hair.
    Easy for you to say/do.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, projection/sillage and longevity are decent; BL would be superb as an EDP!

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Unfortunately, projection/sillage and longevity are decent; BL would be superb as an EDP!
    You have hit the nail on the head!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I get reasonable longevity, projection is fine. Great smell. I think This is going to be my sotd.

Post Thanks / Like

Projection is above average for the first hour or so and then quickly falls off. That strong pepper up front ensures this. I find that it goes best on clothes, not skin, where it quickly weakens into a powdery milieu. On my skin, it lasts about 4-6 h (I wear this in the fall). Eerily similar to Bang by Jacobs but lasts longer and without the "primal woods".

Fair to good for me on both counts.

Post Thanks / Like

this lasts well on me. I'm not sure how long but I never have any issues noticing it.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Post Thanks / Like

Both are very poor on my skin, I wore it yesterday and althought I applied too much, I felt it very slight two hours after

Post Thanks / Like

The progression from top to base is very fast. I got moderate sillage and good longevity when I owned it. However, almost all the longevity came from the base notes, which aren't that good...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Burberry London. Projection and longevity.

Hi evry1!!!i m new 2 basenotes...but ya I get decent longevity and projection wearing Burberry London.In spite of being a winter fragrance it last a long time in warmer weathers.Its not cloying as other fragrances and I apply two sprays on each wrists,1 on the neck and 2 sprays on my clothes.It usually lasts for 8-9 hrs.Not bad huh!

Quote Originally Posted by padhee83 View Post
    Hi evry1!!!i m new 2 basenotes...but ya I get decent longevity and projection wearing Burberry London.In spite of being a winter fragrance it last a long time in warmer weathers.Its not cloying as other fragrances and I apply two sprays on each wrists,1 on the neck and 2 sprays on my clothes.It usually lasts for 8-9 hrs.Not bad huh!
    8-9 hours!!!!???? what's the secret. i ask this because it lasts only 4 hours on my skin, a little more when applied to clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
    8-9 hours!!!!???? what's the secret. i ask this because it lasts only 4 hours on my skin, a little more when applied to clothes
    There is no secret . Each skin chemistry is different .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Post Thanks / Like

Picollo may b d warm weather of India helps me in this fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Projection: medium to strong
    Longevity: 6-8 hours

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting low projection and kinda low longevity myself, that's with two sprays to my neck, one to my chest and one to each wrist. I can clearly detect wrist-sprays disappearing after a couple of hours.

Should I just use more? I LOVE the smell, and really want it to stay on me longer than the two to three hours I'm getting out of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love how this stuff smells. Unfortunately, it only lasted 2-3 hours on my skin when I had it. It disappointed me so much that I ended up just returning the bottle. I'd definitely purchase it again if I found a bottle for a great price though.
    Current top 3:
    1) Gucci Pour Homme II
    2) Givenchy Play Intense
    3) Dolce & Gabbana The One

Post Thanks / Like

I get 5-8 hours, depending on weather, my skin (dry or oily) and application.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I get decent longevity, but no projection. An hour after I apply, it's as close to the skin as close gets.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that many have this issue as do I. Maybe Burberry just meant for it to be subtle. I re-apply frequently when I wear it.

As many have said, an EDP would be fantastic

Post Thanks / Like

Wore this the other day. Actually projection isn't bad, it lasts a while but could last longer.

Had this on the other day and got at least 10hrs out of it. Projected well for about 4 hrs. then dies down. Still an awesome scent Burberry needs to work on.

I love it and prefer it on my clothes. I went to buy a bottle today and was told that Burberry called back all of their London a week ago. Does anyone know if they're discontinuing the scent?

Posted on this before, love London, but terrible longevity on me; Bogart pour Homme is a viable substitute since it shares many of the same notes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    This is true with this one, it helps, but it it last one me at least 8 hrs

Post Thanks / Like

The projection for me is minimal, even directly after applying. If I use 10-12 sprays, mostly under or directly on my clothes, I get around 6-8 hours. If I only use 5-6 sprays on my skin, it is gone in 3 hours.

I only get 2 hours of Burberry london, "indoor".
    1 hour "outdoor". crap.
    but i love how it smells on my skin...

Post Thanks / Like

So I put this on today with three simple sprays - one on each side of my neck and one on the chest (on my shirt). Before applying the fragrance, I had applied lotion to my neck to help fix the fragrance to my skin. Well as a result, the first 2-2.5hrs were quite pleasant - plenty of sillage and projection and it seemed as if it would never fade. Then after the 3-3.5hr mark I started to have a harder time smelling it. Seemed as if it were there, but just faintly. This persisted for the next several hours. I began to think it was gone, as many people say they can't smell it on themselves after 3-4hrs.

Well, around 9hrs after application, I was bundled up in a blanket watching college football and the fragrance came back to life out of nowhere, and it was quite noticeable. I'm assuming the extended period under the blankets helped raise my body temperature and triggered the skin's release of the remaining base notes. I share this story as evidence that Burberry London does have solid longevity - it just doesn't project loudly after the first phase. Its a subtle scent and thats just the way it is. If you're lucky, it will project more than usual but otherwise don't expect anything extraordinary.
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Lancōme Hypnōse
    Lanvin Avant Garde
    Zegna Intenso
    Dior Homme Intense
    Thierry Mugler Taste of Fragrance
    Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I get good longevity and projection from it. I was surprised to read that it doesn't last on most people. It does die down rather quickly, compared to other fragrances. However, it stays on my skin for the entire day.

Post Thanks / Like

It lasts 8+ hours on my skin with moderate projection. I also apply lotion on my neck but wait about 30 mins. and let it dry first before spraying on it.

On me, I get decent longevity as a skin scent, but unfortunately am lucky if I get past an hour of projection. It's strange, though, as that first 30-60 minutes, it actually seems to project quite strongly....and then very quickly fades to a skin scent for me. Like I said, though, as a skin scent it still lasts for quite a while. Such a wonderful fragrance, though. I just really wish they would make an EDP version.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I've been too hard on good ol' Burberry London and should give it another try...

If it is designed to last, but not to project, then it makes a good work scent for situations where sillage could be problematic i.e. at my increasingly "scent-sensitive" university. I usually spray on my neck and chest, so a skin scent in those locations would be difficult for me to detect, which might be why I think it has such pitiful longevity.
    Last edited by CMcG; 25th November 2012 at 09:17 PM.

Just order the big bottle they got, probably gonna spray the crap out of it since nothing last on me that long, currently using spicebomb and I get about 3 hours on me, Burberry london probably won't last as long on me.

With 3 sprays to the chest, I usually get whiffs of it the entire day (8 hrs or more).

Post Thanks / Like

Projection is not the best maybe 1.5 hours, but as far as longevity I'm getting 8 hours solid. really liking this one. Great for work.