Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Burberry London. Projection and longevity.

Wore this the other day. Actually projection isn't bad, it lasts a while but could last longer.

Had this on the other day and got at least 10hrs out of it. Projected well for about 4 hrs. then dies down. Still an awesome scent Burberry needs to work on.

I love it and prefer it on my clothes. I went to buy a bottle today and was told that Burberry called back all of their London a week ago. Does anyone know if they're discontinuing the scent?

Posted on this before, love London, but terrible longevity on me; Bogart pour Homme is a viable substitute since it shares many of the same notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I would recommend spraying this one on clothes. Too many people on here I think are against this but some fragrances I feel are best on clothing.
    This is true with this one, it helps, but it it last one me at least 8 hrs

The projection for me is minimal, even directly after applying. If I use 10-12 sprays, mostly under or directly on my clothes, I get around 6-8 hours. If I only use 5-6 sprays on my skin, it is gone in 3 hours.

I only get 2 hours of Burberry london, "indoor".
    1 hour "outdoor". crap.
    but i love how it smells on my skin...

So I put this on today with three simple sprays - one on each side of my neck and one on the chest (on my shirt). Before applying the fragrance, I had applied lotion to my neck to help fix the fragrance to my skin. Well as a result, the first 2-2.5hrs were quite pleasant - plenty of sillage and projection and it seemed as if it would never fade. Then after the 3-3.5hr mark I started to have a harder time smelling it. Seemed as if it were there, but just faintly. This persisted for the next several hours. I began to think it was gone, as many people say they can't smell it on themselves after 3-4hrs.

Well, around 9hrs after application, I was bundled up in a blanket watching college football and the fragrance came back to life out of nowhere, and it was quite noticeable. I'm assuming the extended period under the blankets helped raise my body temperature and triggered the skin's release of the remaining base notes. I share this story as evidence that Burberry London does have solid longevity - it just doesn't project loudly after the first phase. Its a subtle scent and thats just the way it is. If you're lucky, it will project more than usual but otherwise don't expect anything extraordinary.
    Spring/Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme
    Kenzo Pour Homme (vintage)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vintage)
    D& G Masculine
    Christian Dior Dune
    Guerlain Homme (EDT)
    Bond No9 Riverside Drive

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I get good longevity and projection from it. I was surprised to read that it doesn't last on most people. It does die down rather quickly, compared to other fragrances. However, it stays on my skin for the entire day.

It lasts 8+ hours on my skin with moderate projection. I also apply lotion on my neck but wait about 30 mins. and let it dry first before spraying on it.

On me, I get decent longevity as a skin scent, but unfortunately am lucky if I get past an hour of projection. It's strange, though, as that first 30-60 minutes, it actually seems to project quite strongly....and then very quickly fades to a skin scent for me. Like I said, though, as a skin scent it still lasts for quite a while. Such a wonderful fragrance, though. I just really wish they would make an EDP version.

Maybe I've been too hard on good ol' Burberry London and should give it another try...

If it is designed to last, but not to project, then it makes a good work scent for situations where sillage could be problematic i.e. at my increasingly "scent-sensitive" university. I usually spray on my neck and chest, so a skin scent in those locations would be difficult for me to detect, which might be why I think it has such pitiful longevity.
    Last edited by CMcG; 25th November 2012 at 09:17 PM.

Just order the big bottle they got, probably gonna spray the crap out of it since nothing last on me that long, currently using spicebomb and I get about 3 hours on me, Burberry london probably won't last as long on me.

With 3 sprays to the chest, I usually get whiffs of it the entire day (8 hrs or more).

Projection is not the best maybe 1.5 hours, but as far as longevity I'm getting 8 hours solid. really liking this one. Great for work.