Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Juliette Has A Gun - Not A Perfume

From nstperfume.com:

Juliette Has A Gun has launched Not A Perfume, a new not-fragrance that is essentially (diluted) Ambrox in a bottle.

C16 H28 O is the formula of the Ambrox, one and only ingredient that make this new fragrance. Ambrox is born in the 50′s by Firmenich to replace grey amber too expensive to use it often. Ambrox is use, in general, as base note… for “Not a perfume”, it’s the lead role!

“Not a Perfume” is a provocating declaration which doesn’t follow modern perfumery rules. The fragrance plays on the contradiction because its composition is strictly molecular and it is the only perfume without allergen. [sic, sic and sic]

Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume is $114 ($96 w/o VAT) for 100 ml.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Juliette Has A Gun - Not A Perfume

I dont get it, niche firms simplifying scents down to concoctions anyone with the internet access to ingredients like Iso E Super could mix up themselves (alright., not exactly but you get my point). Not much artistical approach, certainly no high resource costs so bottom line, why exactly would we spend that much for a frag like this?
    Smellin good

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I dont get it, niche firms simplifying scents down to concoctions anyone with the internet access to ingredients like Iso E Super could mix up themselves (alright., not exactly but you get my point). Not much artistical approach, certainly no high resource costs so bottom line, why exactly would we spend that much for a frag like this?
    I don't understand it either......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This is pretty dissapointing from a house I consider top notch. This is such a creative brand, especially their wonderful midnight oud, that this seems so lame. One note for gods sake!!

I'm completely anosmic to Ambroxan, so this would essentially be a scentless bottle of perfumer's alcohol to my nose.

Seems like another fail marketing strategy to give the impression of unique and creative.

Isnt this the same as that new limited edition Le Labo Ambrox ? Eitherway I have only tried Lady Vengeance from JHAG and thought it was just OK at best

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Eitherway I have only tried Lady Vengeance from JHAG and thought it was just OK at best
    Neither did I think higher of it. So, my interest in JHAG is near zero.

Try Midnight Oud. Its stunning

Basenotes Institution

$114?

Seriously??

Basenotes Institution

Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 is Ambroxan - so what is the difference apart from the bottle ?? None ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 is Ambroxan - so what is the difference apart from the bottle ?? None ! *LOL*
    Maybe they haven't noticed. LOL!

Btw, for those who were thinking of purchasing their discovery set, Midnight Oud is not included (even though it's stated that the set contains everything from their line).

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Try Midnight Oud. Its stunning
    That is the best from the line IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Btw, for those who were thinking of purchasing their discovery set, Midnight Oud is not included (even though it's stated that the set contains everything from their line).
    Hey, i've just received a set today and it included Midnight Oud (it's stunning by the way)

My family has felt in love with Not A Perfum: my mother and sister want it badly now!

oliverandco

i tried it today and i have to say that it´s not contain only ambroxan and alcohol... it contains a few notes more, maybe any stabilizer or modifier, and it doesn´t smell to pure ambroxan.

in the same way that Eccentric Molecule 01 it´s not only ISO E SUPER and alcohol...

I agree, when I tried a sample of this on a paper strip, it showed clear development over time.

So, I see at least three possibilities:

1. There is more than a single aromachemical in there
    2. The type of ambroxan they are using is a mixture (isomers and such) that evaporate with different rates
    3. Abroxan is unstable and changes its olfactory profile when exposed to oxygen in the air

I have to upgrade it from zero stars to at least two, just out of curiosity!

oliverandco

I think they are very intelligent with their marketing, selling products with one single molecule that is not true

Basenotes Institution

Smelled this today, for the first time (they had a tester at the Loews Hotel in SoBe where I went to brunch).

Very forgettable, non-descript and I forgot I was wearing it until I brought my arm to my nose. Of course, to be fair, I probably should give this a full wearing before I write it off, but this one comes across as just silly.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Good to know.

My wife, whose nose may be better than mine, tried 7 of Juliette's samples.
    She only liked 2....but those two she went crazy for: Citizen Queen and Not a Perfume.
    The latter is simple but works amazingly well on her skin.