Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Japon Noir

I cant find a sample of this anywhere, so im running the risk of a blind buy, im pretty much experienced in fragrances (yes, even at 23!) and i can tell by the notes whether its something i would like or not, this one i think i will.

Has anyone had any experience with this scent? what do you think of it?

Default Re: Tom Ford Japon Noir

Smells like ink, very synthetic, still unique and worth trying, not sure about if it's worth buying a decant. You're from London and can't find it? seriously? Have you tried Harrods and Selfridges? go to the official website for the store locator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Smells like ink, very synthetic, still unique and worth trying, not sure about if it's worth buying a decant. You're from London and can't find it? seriously? Have you tried Harrods and Selfridges? go to the official website for the store locator.
    Online i meant, i dunno if its worth finding the time to travel to Harrods or Selfridges for it, rather find a sample online and if i like it, ill buy from the Harrods website

Considering the price point, I would find it worth the time to go sample it locally instead of pulling the trigger for the blind buy. This one is very unique. I really liked the opening on the card but after carrying it around with me and experiencing the drydown it becomes very synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    Considering the price point, I would find it worth the time to go sample it locally instead of pulling the trigger for the blind buy. This one is very unique. I really liked the opening on the card but after carrying it around with me and experiencing the drydown it becomes very synthetic.
    I agree, it's worth traveling, but if you're in London, I'm sure a seller should be close to you. Tom Ford is quite popular there.

it's one of my favorites in the line, however i do find that tom ford extreme is similar and cheaper.

I'd say that Tom Ford Extreme is "related", and would make a reasonable substitute if price was an issue. I've seen bottles of the private collection go for about $115-130 on ebay, from the UK actually, so I'm going to guess it's a little cheaper out there.

As always, I suggest your try before you buy. Guys like Harrods or any other high end dept. store will likely even make you a decant and mail it to you if asked. This really shouldn't be that hard to get a sample of and I certainly wouldn't just outright blind buy it.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Institution

Very, very smoky. Sample first.