Code of Conduct

Default Nieman's Trip-Quick Hitters

I disappeared for a bit and lately have been getting back into this whole thing(DRAG me back in) while I try to find some new scents. I'm in an office for 2 weeks closer to Niemans..and luckily where I found the Gucci Nobile at that Pharmacy. Anyways, instead of bumping a bunch of threads I thought I'd give some quick hitters on some things that maybe people could respond to.,....

Was molested by the Cartier lady...which is fine because their stuff is nice. I've never understood why Pasha doesn't get more love. It is really a smooth, beautiful scent that just screams sophistication to me. Roadster is growing on me. Roadster Sport...not sure what to think..it wasn't sport as much as loud. Not sure I liked it. I like the Mint in Roadster better than Pasha Mint.

Bang!!!!Second sniff. I love it. It is strange at first but after the initial weirdness I get ....WOODS. A very nice, classy woods. For some reason I don't get the craziness overall. It keeps coming off as a quick hit and then the woods.

Halston Man Amber...second test and I still love it. Today it hit me...firecracker burning paper to start..I think this is a Fall winner.

For another day I got rushed with Creed Aventus...its love/hate. Something about it is gentlemanly yet sometimes the initial pineapple/apple just sickens me.

Randomness....Ferragamo Tuscan Soul...would never wear it but a fine job at what it is supposed to do...be the citrus/Tuscan/Spring feel.

Finally, TdH. Owned it and then sold it and I never figured out why. I love the stuff. So I have to ask, is the Edp much better because they have it?

Thanks for letting me ramble.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 16th September 2010 at 09:10 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Nieman's Trip-Quick Hitters

I also sampled Halston Man Amber the other day at NM's and REALLY liked it. Went there to test Midnight in Paris and wasn't impressed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I also sampled Halston Man Amber the other day at NM's and REALLY liked it. Went there to test Midnight in Paris and wasn't impressed at all.
    I keep sniffing the strip and it gets better. It is almost a toned down and smoother Gucci PH(original) at times.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Institution

'Firecracker burning paper' has me intrigued. I can't wait to try Halston Man Amber now.

And yes, IMO Terre de Hermes Parfum is wonderful if you like the EdT - just don't expect it to have more sillage (it doesn't) but it is richer, more luxurious and IMO lasts longer (in a hushed, close-to-the-body way)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    'Firecracker burning paper' has me intrigued. I can't wait to try Halston Man Amber now.

And yes, IMO Terre de Hermes Parfum is wonderful if you like the EdT - just don't expect it to have more sillage (it doesn't) but it is richer, more luxurious and IMO lasts longer (in a hushed, close-to-the-body way)
    Mike, it gets even better too. I left the strips ibn my car overnight and this morning the Amber had this Amber/touch of firecracker paper/incense smell that was really great. I really might get this one. What is funny is Bang changed on me too and I really enjoy the drydown on this. Of course the second test is skin but right now they are two recent faves.
    --Ben Hogan