Code of Conduct

Default if you hold your cologne bottles up to the light...

ok, green irish tweed, in the black bottle... is PURPLE!!not black at all. and elizabeth taylors passion is really beautiful. it is amethyst purple. salvador dali in the black bottle is actually green. im going to build a new (bigger) cologne shelf system that has light behind it. thatll make the bathroom glow at night. any other cool cologne bottle colors?

Default Re: if you hold your cologne bottles up to the light...

Empty bottles right?

The heat from the light could ruin your fragrances. Thatīs not worth it.

Click on the color of your choice - http://www.fragrantica.com/index.php?view=colors#FF33CC

no theyre full bottles... you think flourescant bulbs would generate enough heat to ruin my juice? i dont want that!

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    whoa! wicked cool!!

Iīm not an expert, but as far as I know, you should store your frags in a cool dark place. Thereīs a reason some members with a large collection even keep their frags in a fridge.

yeah i think ive read that. but department stores have flourescants in their counters/shelves... i dont know it was just an idea. id hate to lose my colognes

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    yeah i think ive read that. but department stores have flourescants in their counters/shelves... i dont know it was just an idea. id hate to lose my colognes
    Because they care more about a good presentation and the resulting higher sales?

good point, point well taken. BUT im still making a bigger cologne rack! ive got a bunch of bubinga just dying to be turned into something useful. and my current cologne rack isnt big enough anymore. lights would be pretty sweet but at the cost of my colognes. so i wont do it. but i will build a new one. nicole miller cologne is pretty cool held up to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post

Last edited by Descartes; 29th January 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Use Christmas lights for a Las Vegas effect ot Led lights(Cool light) which radiates very little heat . Black light might also be interesting. And don't forget to post a picture...
    does it show, that i still want to try lighting the back of my juice????? im talking myself out of it, simply because i would hate to lose what i have... but man...itd be sweet! if do figure something out ill post pictures for sure

Zino not black, dark deep violet/red.

The bottles to be sold at department stores are still boxed... That equals no light exposure.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

It's questionable I think, nobody said for how hot and how long it will have to be exposed to the light. Though my GIT smell is different now, don't know if it's my nose, the weather, or the light exposure.

I put the bottle almost up against 65W tungsten light for about 7 seconds. Battery operated torch up against the bottle for 10 seconds, and did leave the bottle on my coffee table for up to 22 hours.

I don't think that's excessive, other times I keep it in the box.

from what i read i get the impression that your storing your cologne in your bathroom. this is a huge no no as the temperature fluctuation when someone takes a shower can cause fragrances to go bad.

I keep my vintage scents in airtight containers in my wine celler, in total black out!
    all light will destroy your collections, even special lighting with uv filters, like the type used in museums will do damage more sooner than later.
    As I said to OSMO the other day, "Nothing lasts forever but if your a collector STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT".
    For more information on special lighting with filters see: www.erco.com & www.iguzzini.com as for the right climate to store your scents ask your nearest wine store or google it... now if you have empty bottles than COOL!!! halogen lighting is best but not economical & transmits alot of heat at close range, if you use florecent "back lighting" or under lighting please use a bulb with a hue that transmits warm light rather than picking a florecent bulb with cool light, this works better in contrast with your bottles and gives you a general warm atmosphier in almost any type of room setting.

WARNING!!!!! FOLLOW ALL ELECTRICAL CODES AND PLS NOTE: PARFUMES ARE HIGHLY FLAMABLE EVEN VAPOURS
    FROM EMPTY BOTTLES CAN COMBUST!!!
    Last edited by Old School; 5th December 2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: SAFTY ADVICE