Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Montale - BLACK MUSK - and its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jzzbassman View Post
    Well, don't know about your blotter but I'm wearing my sample and it is just lovely. Sitting here watching the game and keep sticking my nose down my t-shirt for deep whiffs.
    It is a very sexy scent it seems , do you have aoud musk to , how would you compare the two?

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    It is a very sexy scent it seems , do you have aoud musk to , how would you compare the two?
    No sorry, never tried the Aoud Musk.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Naaaaaaw! It always happens that once I have already ordered my nth Montale sampler bundle from TPC, the next day I find out that they have just released some wonderful new scent. Happened with Dark/Moon Aoud, and now this one!

^yes so true
    Last edited by vinramani09; 11th October 2011 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    My goodness, you certainly don't waste any time.
    did i miss something valuable in there?

Last week I received a sample of Black Musk and my first impression it had the strong aoud note that covered the musk, however in some time aoud faded a bit and released its muskiness. Despite aoud still was clearly perceptible, it is less strong than, let's say, Red Aoud, which is perfect for some people that might be offended by a strong aoud scent. It's sexy and projects very well. Certainly it will be one of my next buys.

The musk here is basically the same as in Aoud Musk minus the oud and the saffron. Dark, deep, intense and completely satisfying. Leather and musk with a remarkable medicinal vibe and spicy undertones (no flowers detected). Pretty minimalistic but if you like the Montale's chemical blast you'll dig it (in tiny doses I do). I don't get the comparisons with Black Aoud at all, sorry.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I got Black Musk and Aoud Musk samples.
    Aoud Musk is a very mature scent , its quite similar to SL's Kublai Khan , but not as dirty . , Aoud musk is more Musty and reminds me of old people in their 80s and 90s. The drydown on the contrary is sexy, an incensey smell, which smells EXACTLY like Balaji's Chandanam Incense http://www.amazon.com/Chandanam-Sand...8570820&sr=8-1
    I love the drydown , 5 hours later , but the 5 hours before that were nauseating. This one sadly is not for me.

Black musk is HANDS DOWN more versatile , I detect some Oudh, it does not smell like Black Aoud , except that it shares a dark quality with it ,thats it. It actually is quite Parisian , more than Eastern. A definite winner from the house of Montale ! It breaks out of the rosey oud concoctions.

Sampling this right now. The moment I dabbed it on, it reminded me of New York Oud by Bond no 9

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Sampling this right now. The moment I dabbed it on, it reminded me of New York Oud by Bond no 9
    Much more complex IMO.

I don't get any "Black Aoud Light" with Black Musk.
    I did 3 sprays from my 2ml decant on my chest.
    If the Montale bottles have a good sprayer, that would be like 1 ~ 1,5 spray.

Sillage and longevity are out of this world.

I was wearing 2 shirts that day.
    The shirt that touched my chest is still smelling like it, and it has been washed...
    The shirt that never touched my chest, was projecting slightly but noticeable in a 3 meter radius 72 hours later.

I kinda like the opening but the drydown, I don't know...
    I like to smell different but this is not crossing the line, it's crushing the line.
    I feel at unease with this kind of projection plus it smells weird like a lot of Montale's.
    A couple in a store was walking by for at least 5 times.
    It was no coincidence, they constantly took a direction to cross my path.
    When they walked by for let's say the third time, I looked behind me and they were both staring at me.
    I would do the same, if a 23 year old guy was projecting this monster.

For me it's basically a musky woody aoud fragrance which is very dark and like a lot of Montale's, has something of a fuel-chemical-factory-waste kind of overall smell.
    It seemed to smell "normal" after 72 hours on the shirt that never touched my chest.
    I have no problem waiting 2 or 3 hours to get rid of awful topnotes, but 72...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Much more complex IMO.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Much more complex IMO.
    Agreed.

I bought a bottle of this in Jan, I loved it so much. For me its a dark , camphorous, cooling yet silver metallic fragrance. The sillage is insane and the longevity is about 10-12 hours on me. Great fragrance for hot climates.

Is this the best montale? I have to smell it on Saturday. Is it better than parfumiere generale or amurage?

Sampling this now and this one is quite nice. I definitely get the musk and leather as key players but get an overall metallic/antiseptic type vibe as well. I appreciate that the oud is toned down as well, though seems to be still be there a bit in the background. There is something intriguing and oddly futuristic about the fragrance, but that might just be my brain getting amped up from repeatedly sniffing the chemicals. Impressed so far half an hour in.

Edit: This might be the first truly "weird" full bottle I purchase. It is weird and wearable at the same time.
    Last edited by Jridgen; 13th February 2014 at 06:29 AM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Its incredibly potent, well the Vendome bottle I have is. Its best worn in the summer Its mainly Leather, Musk, Rose , Cardamom and Pepper.Rose is not listed but its in there.

Excellent for summers.

I have a sample of this and find it very good. Can't say I detect any rose; it's nothing like black aoud. Aoud, leather, and musk. I need to test again.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

This is another one on my skin that is like "Attar" that seems to last forever. Extremely strong.

(4172)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This is on my "to try" list, as well as Greyland.

....EDIT: Who am I kidding, there will be tons more from this line that I will be sampling. lol
    Last edited by CT3; 13th February 2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense