Code of Conduct

Default L'Instant Guerlain EDT

Hey Folks,

I got a bottle of L'Instant EDT today and I must say it's quite unique. I am thinking about going for the EDP version as I hear it's more gourmand than the EDT. Are they much different, and is it worth going for the extreme version?

Nick

Default Re: L'Instant Guerlain EDT

Yes, if I'd have one of the two I'd have the EdP, it's just better and not that expensive.

Dont know....didnt tried.....I recieved L INstant as a gift from Guerlain dealer of Chile. Such a poem fragance. Wonderful.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find the EDP anywhere, I'm waiting for Berdorf Goodman in NYC to call me back tomorrow. They aren't even sure they can get it....

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I can't find the EDP anywhere, I'm waiting for Berdorf Goodman in NYC to call me back tomorrow. They aren't even sure they can get it....
    http://www.google.com/products?q=L'i...eme&hl=en&aq=o
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Thank you very much Canwllcorfe!

No problem! I had the same issue for awhile This winter I will finally have a full bottle!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Canwllcorfe,

In your opinion is it worth it to go for the EDP when I already have the EDT? I got it today from neiman marcus, great scent that changes dramatically from top to bottom,....

With the EDP so hard to find, I wonder if it's been discontinued....

I've tried both and yes, I think they are different enough to get both. The original EDT is more citrusy and powdery while the EDP has more vanilla and cocoa. Of course, the choice is really up to you. I actually e-mailed Guerlain and asked them if it was indeed discontinued, but thankfully they said it isn't. It's only hard to get in the US.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

beauty encounter has it for 75$

and they're also UK online stores selling this around 37-42 GBP a piece.

Try ebay too!

Ebay of course, unless you're lucky and find it at a store. It's a limited edition I believe so discontinued, but it's not very hard to find. Should Ideally run you for 75-100 bucks.

There's a seller on Ebay UK flogging l'Instant EDP 75ml for £19 a pop on 'buy it now' at the minute (it's not me, by the way! Honest!) I just bought myself one and I thought I'd mention it here since it seems like a pretty good deal to me. The bottle comes with no box and no cap - but still.

I'm a newbie here and (although I've just read the forum rules) I can't figure out if it's OK or not to pass on this sort of thing. I hope this is cool. I haven't put a link in just in case this is frowned upon.

i guess you bought a tester

Does it affect the perfume that its without a cap ?

Nevermind, i just bought one

Been searching for a long time for the Edp version, dunno why its so difficult to find one in stock.

Glad to be of service! I'm looking forward to getting my nose on this one, personally.

The EDP is much better IMO.

Today is the first day im wearing a sample of the Edt version, and so far i think projection is weak and longevity is...well not satisfying. So im hoping Edp does a lot better job

The EDT has excellent longevity on me...projection is limited but it's not a problem as I usually wear it in the office. Beyond all that, it simply smells wonderful and is yet another well-made offering from Guerlain. I love the drydown in particular.

Well, my EDP l'instant just showed up and it's a very interesting fragrance that it's going to take me a bit of time to get to know (since for a start today I'm covered in Kouros and there's not much can make a dent in that olfactory-wise). But even over ESL's finest the lovely incense-and-woods drydown from a tiny back-of-the-hand squirt is in remarkable contrast to the opening notes of blackest-belgian-chocolate and vanilla. Extraordinary stuff.

It's so beautiful this stuff. I'm kicking myself that I only bought one 75ml bottle of this at £19 a pop when there were 10 on sale at this price! Spent this afternoon reading while astonishing wafts of it tickled my nose: most pleasant.

Better to just go for D&G The One.. does the scent better than L'Instant edt/edp

The One is a pleasant fragrance, but definitely not better than either version of L'instant.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Blog Entries

Man, I just got back from Italy and France, and the L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme EDP Extreme (whatever) - it was frigging EVERYWHERE. I don't think I found a single store that only had the EDT. I really wanted to buy a bunch of them and bring them back, but I was pushing the limit on customs as it was.

This frag ain't going anywhere. No way will it ever be discontinued. I'm just really surprised that they don't sell it in the US, though. Really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    Better to just go for D&G The One.. does the scent better than L'Instant edt/edp
    I'm allergic to the idea of Matthew McConaughey, I'm afraid. Totally kills it for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I'm allergic to the idea of Matthew McConaughey, I'm afraid. Totally kills it for me.
    LMAO

(although I have to admit that I loved his wacko character in Reign of Fire! )

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    This frag ain't going anywhere. No way will it ever be discontinued. I'm just really surprised that they don't sell it in the US, though. Really strange.
    I know! It's such a shame.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

from a female perspective (am i allowed here ) :

i love all three versions of the men's l'instant (edt, edp & extreme), they are different indeed. the edp and extreme lay closer to each other: gourmand with chocolat, the extreme a bit more so. the edt is fresher, more for daytime some would think. i own the edt myself, even though it's not feminine at all. if i could have a do-over though, i would've bought the extreme instead.

Quote Originally Posted by nukah11 View Post
    from a female perspective (am i allowed here ) :

i love all three versions of the men's l'instant (edt, edp & extreme), they are different indeed. the edp and extreme lay closer to each other: gourmand with chocolat, the extreme a bit more so. the edt is fresher, more for daytime some would think. i own the edt myself, even though it's not feminine at all. if i could have a do-over though, i would've bought the extreme instead.
    the edp is the extreme version

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    the edp is the extreme version
    haha! my mistake, it's been a while since i smelled the other one(s) ops:
    that's probably why i thought them to be similar

I am blind buying this. I have not seen Extreme in any perfume shops.

It also seems strange to me that so much Basenoters have difficulty finding the EDP, here in Europe you almost always find him just next to the EDT on the shelves. Well, so I guess it's a shame I never tried it yet
    But I own the EDT and it's a lovely scent, extremely romantic in my opinion, lasts for ages on me, and that's the one which leads me to start this fragrance hobby.

Funny thing, though, I think I smelled it often these past few weeks but only on women, so there are 2 choices : either those women were wearing L'Instant, or there's a good-selling female fragrance which is very similar.
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

I received my sample of this today and the base note is really turning me off. It has ruined most of my day because I can't get this smell away from me.

I've read the word "urine" on here to describe a scent. This will be the first scent I've ever smelled that I can relate to it. Is that iris I smell?