Code of Conduct

Default I buy a new scent every change of season for that season. Need one for this fall suggestions welcome

I know some popular fall BN scents will be thrown out there so I'll go ahead and not that I already have:

TDH
    Visit
    Allure
    Pi

I'm looking for something very autumny but affordable for a college student so nothing too nichy.
    I can get a great deal on Rocabar so I might do that, but I don't wanna commit to it without exploring a bit. Gucci PH might be nice.

I don't know. The floor is open to your suggestion, BN.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: I buy a new scent every change of season for that season. Need one for this fall suggestions wel

Its siren call has been luring me back in. I keep trying to tell myself "It's been reformulated, it's never as good as you remember, you're too good for it," but still the call haunts my fall weather dreams. Old Spice. And it costs about $5 at the grocery store.

Default Re: I buy a new scent every change of season for that season. Need one for this fall suggestions wel

Kenzo Tokyo is a very nice fall frag. Not too pricey.

Burberry London, Tom ford Grey Vetiver, Encre Noire, Narciso Rodriguez for him.

I think tea fragrances in general work nicely in the fall. The only affordable ones I can think of are Bvlgari black, and another bvlgari that's green.

I love Burberry London but have heard it has poor longevity. Can anybody credit/discreit this?

Burberry London has insane longevity on my skin. 9+ hours easily. But I never have issues with longevity.

I'll suggest Gucci Pour Homme II, Tea for Two, John Varvatos, and L'instant de Guerlain (especially the EDP).
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I love Burberry London but have heard it has poor longevity. Can anybody credit/discreit this?
    It's not magnificent. For me it's very average, 4-8 hours, projection dies out after the first hour, but I have issues with longevity in general.

Also, CanwllCorfe recommendations are great. Gucci PH II is very good for fall, but it lasts 10 minutes on me, so PH I might be better. Tea for Two is FANTASTIC, but it's a little pricey. About $80 to $120.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    It's not magnificent. For me it's very average, 4-8 hours, projection dies out after the first hour, but I have issues with longevity in general.

Also, CanwllCorfe recommendations are great. Gucci PH II is very good for fall, but it lasts 10 minutes on me, so PH I might be better. Tea for Two is FANTASTIC, but it's a little pricey. About $80 to $120.
    Thanks for the input Ekove!

Hmm I have Gucci PH II and like it, but the longevity on me is pitiful.
    I have longevity issues with Kouros to give you an idea.....

TfT sounds good but right now I think 80-120 is a little out of my price range. Sounds like a possible Christmas present, though. I'm not opposed to niche but I can't do it every season.

Thanks again!

Gucci By Gucci
    Play Intense by Givenchy.

Sur la Plage

Caron L'Anarchiste
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hermes Bel Ami
    Michael Kors for men

Kyoto by Comme des Garcons
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I used a full 1 ml decant yesterday and 10 minutes later i wasn't able to smell nothing, and my family wasn't either. Oh Damn! i was talking about Burberry Brit.... anyway, my experience with burberry is, at best, dissapointing

L'Occitane: Eau des Baux. Starts off all sweet spices and smoke, progresses through to an amber-y, woody base, and finally finishes up as a sweet (but not sickly) vanilla. Ridiculously good value too for a 100ml bottle. Really enjoyed it as my SOTD yesterday.

+1 Gucci Pour Homme II and Eau des Baux
    and I'll add YSL L'homme
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Davidoff Adventure.

You get a peppery orange to start, then some dry tea, then a very unique sesame seed accord that smells nutty and bready along with some clove and cinnamon notes provided by the allspice in the heart. Finally, a strong cedar and vetiver accord, with a subtle fruit note persisting all throughout.

Most people who've actually given this a few wearings love it, while most of the initial impressions (and hence, reviews) write it off as weak, uninspired, etc. The middle section is a bit hard for most people's noses to follow (my own included), but after a few wearings it become much more noticeable. The longevity on this is very good.. easily 8-10 hours, and the projection picks up again as the base notes come to the fore.

Also,

+1 L'Anarchiste (excellent. Autumn bottled!)
    +1 Play Intense (a great fall/winter gourmand comfort scent. It's a combination of the best parts of A*Men and Rochas Man, without the drawbacks of either of them)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

If you want to spend $65 for a small bottle go try Halston Man Amber...I think this is a perfect fall scent.

My personal fave is Burberry London
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'll add another vote for L'Anarchiste.

Also, give L'Occitane Eau des Baux or Eau de L'Occitan a sniff if you can find them locally.

Finally, consider Aramis Tuscany. This one works most anytime, but somehow the arid wood underlying the citrus feels autumnal to me.

Regards,

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

treat yourself, and get Amouage Tribute.......

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    treat yourself, and get Amouage Tribute.......
    umm...you're such a downer.

I use to like Hypnose pour Homme, lavender and amber, quite nice for the coming fall. Give it a try!
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Old Spice, Burberry London and Michael for Men are all excellent fall recommendations that I second.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Kenzo Tokyo is a very nice fall frag. Not too pricey.
    I've heard that the longevity is pretty weak on this guy...

Yves St. Laurant L'Homme is quite nice for fall and just about anytime as well.

Burberry London (woody, spicy, port wine and feels festive.)
    Gucci PH II (fresh cinnamon black tea and violets)
    Boss Bottled (fresh apple cinnamon)
    Bvlgari Black (unique rubber/vanilla and tea)
    Bvlgari Au The Vert Extreme (excellent light green tea scent)
    Abercrombie Fierce (cold, sharp, dry sweet woods)
    M7 (earthy, sweet, medicinal and unique)
    Rose 31 (dry, spicy cedar and rose)
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

The smallest bottle of Burberry London you can find. On my skin, London goes 6-10 hours. If added to my clothes, add another 4-ish. Your milage may vary.

If there was no budget concerns, I'd heartily recommend Amouage Opus II. It is very uplifting, cool and crisp and is likely going to be a fantastic frag for this fall and winter. But $325/bottle.......well........... Let's put it this way, it's not in our home...this year.

green irish tweed

DeepSilence

This fall i will wear:
    Burberry London
    Paco Rabanne XS
    Santos De Cartier
    Eau Sauvage

Already have:

GIT
    Gucci PH II
    L'Homme.

I really like London, but havn't worn it extensively enough to be confident in its longevity. I have so many colognes now that I don't want to waste money on something that only lasts an hour or two.

A*Men Pure Malt. Actually no. i dont want it to get too popular

Go for Burberry London!

Blog Entries

Click on my wardrobe and ignore the cheap stuff. Most of my quality fragrances are "fall" or "cold weather" fragrances

Actually all the ones i've rated 4 or 5 stars are great fall fragrances and you should atleast test them

Montale Full Incense

Another vote for Gucci Pour Homme II and Michael Kors For Men.
    Burberry London is a solid suggestion.

John Varvatos Vintage has a stellar Fir Balsam note in it that just defines the smell of Fall to me

Go for London, spray a bit inside your shirt and you're good for 6-8 hours.

I really like JV Vintage when I sampled it. Can anyone vouche for its longevity?

On my skin? 4 hours.......max.
    Others may experience elsewise.

Yeah I have heard rumors of nearly all the John Varvatos and Burberry Scents having crummy longevity.

I just have so much cologne and don't need to waste any money on something new that just won't last.

I love the smell of nearly all the Burberry's and JV's but i'm worried they won't make it through the day with me.

Fortunately, fall scents usually have the best longevity on me. TdH is all day with 3-4 sprays.

Guys, I think I'm going to get Rive Gauche.

My insecurity though is that I'm only 23 and it might smell too old on me. I am a working professional though in a white collar setting and most of my co-workers are 30-40 so I might not be too out of place wearing it.

I do have Chanel Pour Monseiur Concentree and find it too old-manish for regular wear. But I RG has a slightly younger vibe.
    Last edited by Pappy; 9th October 2010 at 07:18 AM.