Code of Conduct

Default Just Bought My First Blind Buy Male Fragrance!

Well, ever since roaming around here and youtube channels I have been intrigued with the cologne that was discontinued last year called Pure Malt but never had the chance to smell or pay the high price for one bottle. There seemed to be so many good reviews that I figured this might as well be my first blind buy I ordered two at fragrancenet for about 105 with the 15% coupon. Making each bottle 52.50, which is a steal considering they were at 120 on ebay and other places. Really felt like I wold miss out on a good frag if I missed this opportunity since supposedly it took 10 years to age in a whisky barrel?? lol Just wanted to share my first ever male fragrance blind buy.

Thank all for the great info you have provided here on this forum!

Default Re: Just Bought My First Blind Buy Male Fragrance!

Good price. Never got to sample it.
    And yes, lots of good reviews on it.
    Congrats

Congrats! It's a great fragrance. Unfortunately I'm not as crazy about it now as I was when I first got it. I got caught up in the hype. Granted, I do enjoy it but I'll probably sell my backup bottle. The opening is great, but I just can't love the drydown with the patchouli. The patchouli is actually the main reason I didn't end up liking Sunessence.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Seems a lot of male frags have patchouli in them as a basenote. I'm thinking maybe it's only one of the few notes that has staying power on peoples skin. Any ideas??

Ohh yes. Patchouli is definitely not a light note and is usually present for quite awhile. I'm not sure what is that puts me off.. but oh well! I don't hate it as much as Anise anyway
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Not a bad blind buy, at least you can easily sell it a year from now if you don't like it , welcome to blindbuying btw

If you like the smell of beer you should have a winner there !