Code of Conduct

Thread: Lily scents

Default Lily scents

My father loves the smell of garden lilies and I have been searching for a mens/unisex fragrance with a lily scent.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Default Re: Lily scents

I would suggest Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis, which has got a strong lily note. It is marketed as unisex, beautiful bottle and very stylish packaging, and if your dad loves flowers and floral perfumes, that might fit the bill.
    It comes in perfume, scented bracelet, incense and even laundry detergent (!!). Give it a try!
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Also Lys Mediterranee from Frederic Malle is very good

Blog Entries

Un Lys by Serge Lutens is gorgeous. There's also Lys Carmin by Van Cleef & Arpels, & Stargazer by Yosh, although l haven't tried these yet, but they sound good.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Another vote for Un Lys.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Sur la Plage

Comme des Garcons Series 1 Leaves: Lily

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122324.html
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If he likes incense notes too, Passage d'Enfer may be his cup of tea

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions.

BTW, is Frederic Malle only available via the internet if you don't live in France?

And does Un Lys by Serge Lutens have an incense note to it like most Serge Lutens?

He does not like incense notes. What he would like is a linear lily scent that is strong with good sillage.

Oh, is lily of the valley scent very different from the generic white tiger lily? I am looking for the latter.
    Last edited by cannotavoidtrite; 17th September 2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: To be more specific

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions.

BTW, is Frederic Malle only available via the internet if you don't live in France?

And does Un Lys by Serge Lutens have an incense note to it like most Serge Lutens?

He does not like incense notes. What he would like is a linear lily scent that is strong with good sillage.

Oh, is lily of the valley scent very different from the generic white tiger lily? I am looking for the latter.
    Frederick Malle samples are available online from les senteurs in London. Un Lys does not have an incense note, it is a pure white tiger lily scent which is linear with fabulous sillage, sounds like it's just what you're looking for! Lily of the valley is very different, much fresher & greener than the rich, creamy, heady scent of lilies.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post

Not sure what country you live in, but Barney's carries Malle, and there is a Malle store in NYC.
    I agree with teardrop that lily of the valley is an entirely different smell than lily. CDG Lily is really a LOTV scent rather than a lily.