Code of Conduct

Question tabac original edt vs. edc

this is quite cheap anyway, but is it worth getting? if so, which one should i get- edt or edc? i read some review here, stating they are different and that the edc is better, strangely for me.

Default Re: tabac original edt vs. edc

The only one worthwhile is the extrait.

where is this 'extrait' available?

I think he means Tabac for men. They have a great shave soap if you use a brush. I've only tried the edt and it is strong and projects quite a bit. Never tried the edc.

I only own the EDC, as I was also influenced by reviews saying that it was better. It is quite good, and lasts a pretty long time for an EDC. I can recommend it.

The EDC is enough for me, but Tabac Original is cheap enough that you can easily own both that and the EDT if you are interested.

I owned the EDT and it was pretty decent for that price (got a 100 ml bottle for 18 USD).

It has a luxurious barbershop smell to it. It isn't groundbreaking stuff, but it smelled natural, which was very good for a fragrance sold at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    I owned the EDT and it was pretty decent for that price (got a 100 ml bottle for 18 USD).

It has a luxurious barbershop smell to it. It isn't groundbreaking stuff, but it smelled natural, which was very good for a fragrance sold at that price.
    I own the EDT, and it's good stuff for the price, and the longevity is quite good.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

I own the EDT and the longevity is less than moderate, at lest in my skin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I own the EDT and the longevity is less than moderate, at lest in my skin
    Interesting how skin chemistry varies.....I goes for nearly 8 hours on mine.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

I have the deodrant which I use as air freshener in the bathroom, I dare not use it on myself.lol

I have been wearing Tabac Original EDC since 1973. Please read my extensive comments on both the EDC and the EDT here ------> http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?d...scussionid=566

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I prefer the original EDC. The significant oakmoss and added vetiver in the EDT sort of "taints" the original idea of the Original. Tabac Original is really a carnation and clove scent, rather than tobacco. It took my buying and wearing CDG's Red Series: Carnation to realise what Tabac Original actually was, and this was 32 years after enjoying Tabac. Yes, the CDG is the stronger version of Tabac Original.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

They don't have much in common: EdT is very floral. The EdC's blend makes justice to its name, EdT not so much, or rather not at all.

I own the EDT and have sampled the EDC numerous times. The EDC is FAR superior to the EDC, in my opinion. I like the EDT, but it's got a harshness, and soapy astringency that is a little annoying. I smell absolutely no similarities at all between the EDT and EDC. They may as well have given them different names. The EDC is a great warm, dark smooth floral fougere that smells like pipe tobacco smoke on fabric. Awesome stuff. The EDT to me smells almost like a powerhouse fragrance, with brutal top notes that practically will puncture your sinuses, and tons of oakmoss. Good stuff, but nowhere near as good as the EDC, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    They don't have much in common: EdT is very floral. The EdC's blend makes justice to its name
    +1

EdC is kind of citrusy/sporty cologne...EdT is much more dusty/flowery

I`ve sampled Tabac Original once, but as there was no tester available for the EdT or EdC I sprayed one spritz of deodorant spray on my hand. God, it smelled horrible, like a powerful long-lasting insecticide. Quite a Raid + ordinary Soap + an awful hint of sawdust formula. After reading several reviews here I decided to give Tabac Original another chance. Which version is closer to the smell of the deodorant spray (which I really want to avoid): the EdT or EdC?
    Last edited by Wolland; 4th February 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Both the EdT and EdC are excellent fragrances. The eau de toilette is sharper and stronger, the eau de cologne is smoother and sweeter smelling. For me sillage and longevity are about the same for both (decent). I would get both, they're inexpensive, but if you have to pick just one get the eau de cologne version, it's a classic. Neither one smells like Raid or sawdust.

Nevertheless, if the EdT and EdC are quite different frags, which one is closer to the smell of the deodorant spray?