Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried COOPER SQUARE BY BOND NO. 9

Thoughts?

Default Re: Has anyone tried COOPER SQUARE BY BOND NO. 9

I've got a small sample at home. Tried it one night and it didn't grab me. But I can be pretty dense at sampling sometimes.

I tend to like 'em louder.

Have to try it again.

I've heard of it sometime but never had the chance to try it. Its nice i think!

I have and Love.....Spice and Amber is Great.....Lasts very long on my skin.....If this were a Creed or a Chanel everyone here would pee their pants!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

I really liked it. It smells like an 80's powerhouse, but with the bombastic 80's loudness turned down and replaced by high concentration. It deserves way more credit here. And I'm with Gary - if YSL or Gucci put it out, the folks here would be going bonkers...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I just smelled this one yesterday. The Bond boutique at the Saks didnt have a sample, but I sprayed some on my arm to give it a good sniff. It's actually pretty potent and more of a green spicy scent. In the opening, there's a grassy, semi-sharp floral in it that reminds me of verbena. But the scent is sorta like a modern mature scent, imo. If you like Great Jones and that style, you might like Cooper Square. It's a nice scent, just not my style.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I have and Love.....Spice and Amber is Great.....Lasts very long on my skin.....If this were a Creed or a Chanel everyone here would pee their pants!!!
    Gary
    But it's a Bond, so it's most likely derivative, highly chemical-smelling and massively overpriced.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Like the initial juniper blast...hate the soapy drydown. Clean, inoffensive, but boring in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I really liked it. It smells like an 80's powerhouse, but with the bombastic 80's loudness turned down and replaced by high concentration. It deserves way more credit here. And I'm with Gary - if YSL or Gucci put it out, the folks here would be going bonkers...
    Funny thing that you mention 80's powerhouse and YSL because to me that is exactly what it smell on my skin. This is Rive
    Gauche made over. It has that barbershop feel. I got a 10ml decant and wore it once. My wife's first words, "I thought you had traded Rive Gauche". She does not like Rive Gauche so I took that as she did not like this one either. My assumptions were confirmed another day that I sprayed a little on my wrist a few weeks later and she said she did not like "Rive Gauche" when all along it has been Cooper Square. Why pay all that extra cash when you can have Rive Gauche so much cheaper.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    But it's a Bond, so it's most likely derivative, highly chemical-smelling and massively overpriced.
    I wish I din't have to read blanket statements, whether Bond No. 9 or Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Funny thing that you mention 80's powerhouse and YSL because to me that is exactly what it smell on my skin. This is Rive
    Gauche made over. It has that barbershop feel. I got a 10ml decant and wore it once. My wife's first words, "I thought you had traded Rive Gauche". She does not like Rive Gauche so I took that as she did not like this one either. My assumptions were confirmed another day that I sprayed a little on my wrist a few weeks later and she said she did not like "Rive Gauche" when all along it has been Cooper Square. Why pay all that extra cash when you can have Rive Gauche so much cheaper.
    There's a similar vibe to Rive Gauche but they're not directly comparable in the way that Great Jones is with Paco Rabanne.

I found it to be OK but didn't love this one.