Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bond no.9: Cooper Square

So I took my sample of the new Bond no.9 offering for a spin today. Thus far, I've been fairly ambivalent towards most of the house's output (especially given their price), and this, I'm sorry to say, hasn't done a whole lot to change my mind.
    Straight off, I got juniper berries. And a hankering for a gin and tonic.
    A little vetiver came through, along with a few wafts of booze which may, or may not, have just been my imagination/wishful thinking. Within an hour or so, it had morphed into a somewhat sweet, lavender-soap. Only towards the end did a little, polite woodsiness appear from time to time. Nothing to write home about though.
    If I could sum-up this scent in a word, it would be "Clean".
    I really enjoyed the juniper note, but wish it had stuck around longer rather than bowing-out to soapy, lavender nonsense. This, to me, seems to epitomise the "modern" fragrance. Inoffensive. "Clean" (that word again). Unremarkable. The sort of scent you could buy someone else and hardly have to worry if they would be repelled.
    Can anyone persuade me that I've missed something here and should give it another go?

Default Re: Bond no.9: Cooper Square

Early impressions from testing on paper indicates that this smells like a modernized take on a 'shaving cream fougere' such as Aqua Velva Blue Ice, Brut, or Rive Gauche PH.

Actually, I might best sum it up as L'Homme de Couer meets Rive Gauche PH. Interesting, and I am really enjoying it, but that is also probably influenced by the fact that I am currently really looking for one of these modernized fougeres.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

People seem to dislike this on basenotes
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

Hate to be negative but, I found the same disgusting, vile note as in Diesel Fuel for Life. I don't know what that bastard concoction is but, it hates me and I hate it lol
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the fence on this one until after about 4 hours in, Cooper Square turned to the smell of stale cigarettes. Puke.

Post Thanks / Like

Urgh, reading my original post, I'm somewhat embarassed by its tone. I didn't intend to come off like a sour know-it-all.
    Apologies.
    That said, I haven't changed my mind with regards this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Early impressions from testing on paper indicates that this smells like a modernized take on a 'shaving cream fougere' such as Aqua Velva Blue Ice, Brut, or Rive Gauche PH.

Actually, I might best sum it up as L'Homme de Couer meets Rive Gauche PH. Interesting, and I am really enjoying it, but that is also probably influenced by the fact that I am currently really looking for one of these modernized fougeres.
    I am glad to see that somebody else is getting the Rive Gauche PH similarity. I thought I was the only one. I could not spend the extra money on this one when I can get Rive Gauche so much cheaper.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds