Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I finally tried Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I agree that Dior Homme is more interesting than Dior Homme Intense. Also I have to say that there are real gourmands like Rochas, Pure Malt, A*Men that are way more fun than Dior Intense, leaving it in category "smelling good and well done with exceptional longevity but not that much interesting". It is well done but I dont feel like I'd need a bottle of this.
    LOL at this. It's listed as your number 1 in your signature now It must have grown on you haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I discovered L'Instant before this, believing I had found heaven in a bottle, it pretty much made all other gourmands look pretty crude. Then came DHI and was even better. Brilliant and powerful.
    oh gosh dude, don't say that!

That just makes me want to rush to the nearest store and forget any price that's attached to it. I really would like to get my hands on this powerful thing

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme View Post
    oh gosh dude, don't say that!

That just makes me want to rush to the nearest store and forget any price that's attached to it. I really would like to get my hands on this powerful thing
    I'm actually wearing L'Instant Extreme and DHI on either arm at the moment to form a conclusive opinion of which situations I'm going to use both of these in moving forward. My knee-jerk reaction right now is L'Instant Extreme is better for a date and DHI is better for a bar/social gathering. Both are absolutely fantastic, they actually both get better the longer you wear them wherein the top notes you're sort of like "wow, this is pretty good" and then about an hour later your mind has melted from how good both of these are

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    I'm actually wearing L'Instant Extreme and DHI on either arm at the moment to form a conclusive opinion of which situations I'm going to use both of these in moving forward. My knee-jerk reaction right now is L'Instant Extreme is better for a date and DHI is better for a bar/social gathering. Both are absolutely fantastic, they actually both get better the longer you wear them wherein the top notes you're sort of like "wow, this is pretty good" and then about an hour later your mind has melted from how good both of these are
    They're both unique in their own rights.

DHI has a slighter edge on my skin, because it suddenly re-appears after a lonnnnng day and i start getting whiffs of its delicious cacao/vanilla when i thought it was gone . L'instant doesn't do that for me, but not complaining . I love them both .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I do need to sample DHI given all the attention it garners. But I must say I find it interesting that the most frequent reference in here is to chocolate when Luca Turin references it as "baked apple."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I do need to sample DHI given all the attention it garners. But I must say I find it interesting that the most frequent reference in here is to chocolate when Luca Turin references it as "baked apple."
    I think you can describe it both ways. Combine all the notes together, and it almost has the cinnamon/sugar/fruity edible yet inedible quality of baked apples - possibly with too much spice. But if you dig for the note, cocoa/cacao/chocolate is definitely there.

You definitely need to sample this. I love it. Without trying to offend anybody, it's a bit like Olivier Creed's reimagining of Pure Malt, using Dior Homme and L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme as a guide. It's the best-smelling WTF that I've sniffed in a while.

Keep in mind that we are not all looking for the same thing, even those who deserve to be called aficionados. I haven't tried DHI, but for me, DH becomes boring after a few hours, just like L'Instant PH EdT. Roadster, on the other hand, while not being as impressive for the first few hours, has good dynamism for 8+ hours. This is also true for Rose d'Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Keep in mind that we are not all looking for the same thing, even those who deserve to be called aficionados. I haven't tried DHI, but for me, DH becomes boring after a few hours, just like L'Instant PH EdT. Roadster, on the other hand, while not being as impressive for the first few hours, has good dynamism for 8+ hours. This is also true for Rose d'Homme.
    DHI to me actually is very linear. Other than the top notes which are very dynamic and a combination of so many different things, after about an hour the fragrance doesn't really change for the next 11 or so hours

Linear bases may be okay if you are walking around a lot, but when you sit a lot, like me, I think there is a tendency to get bored if there isn't much dynamism.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    LOL at this. It's listed as your number 1 in your signature now It must have grown on you haha!
    Hehe. Yeah, I feel kinda weird that it made it to my no.1 now but I still think that Rochas, Pure Malt and A*Men are more fun fragrances that DHI. DHI is just perfectly executed and I love it for its versatility and longevity.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

Lightbulb Re: I finally tried Dior Homme Intense

You know, a few years back when I starting coming to Basenotes, Dior Homme was the rage and Dior Homme Intense was considered a lackluster fragrance that paled in comparison to the original. You guys may not remember but I certainly do. Dior Homme this and Dior Homme that, but when anyone asked about DHI, it was generally scoffed.

Now everyone is gaga over DHI and the original doesn't get talked about that much anymore.

And the bandwagon keeps rolling along....

i am still a little unsure about my thoughts regarding my recent purchase of DHI. originally it seemed to last no more than 3 hours on my skin. after a week of testing though, i find that it does indeed last much longer but unfortunately sits incredibly close to the skin. after the first 3 hours i can only faintly smell it on my arm (if i put my nose right up against the application area) for a total of 8+ hours longevity.

in the dry down i get a rhubarb vibe. this has had me worried (thinking i have the reformulated version with the pear note), as i have only read comments about cocoa and vanilla with DHI. reading comments like "baked apple pie" for the first time, makes me feel slightly more comfortable. i find this is a very similar comparison to what i am smelling. i tested DHI in a shop for the first time today as well and it smelled exactly the same as my bottle. they could have the newest stock on the shelves of course, so i am still none the wiser to which version i have lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I agree that Dior Homme is more interesting than Dior Homme Intense. Also I have to say that there are real gourmands like Rochas, Pure Malt, A*Men that are way more fun than Dior Intense, leaving it in category "smelling good and well done with exceptional longevity but not that much interesting". It is well done but I dont feel like I'd need a bottle of this.
    Forgive me as I am puzzled. If you feel you dont a bottle of this , why is it No. 1 on your Top 5 list?

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    If you feel you dont a bottle of this, why is it No. 1 on your Top 5 list?

The lipstick vibe ? Or, whatever it is, is completely lost in the Intense version.

The Intense drys down to a plain cadburys drinking chocolate powder, it has none of the elegance or individuality of the original, i think if the Intense came out first and was followed by the original, and the original was named Dior Homme Lipstick,or something similar, people would talk about it as a real pice of art, the Intense version is not art, it just rips off chocolate, and turns it into a clear substance you can smear over yourself without looking like you have had an accident. The original wins for its genius, the Intense is like the Royal Philharmonic playing Beatles covers, the original like The actual Beatles lps, as and when they were released.

Though completely different, a bit like Egoiste and Platinum, the genius of the original Egoiste, the thing you cant put your finger on, the ellusive, the magic in the original Egoiste is the ingredient that i can spot in the original, stick to the original whenever possible.

though it has to be said, the intense lasts longer, and women love chocolate, so there ya go...!!??