Code of Conduct

Default Have you had any deals that you regret not taking?

I had a couple, but most recently, I was browsing Ebay and decided to check out Clive Christian. I'm not particularly crazy about the brand at that price point, but do recognize their quality, and especially like "X." There was this woman who was selling five packages of CC samples, with 3 samples in each package (so 15 total) for about 22 dollars. Keep in mind that the Perfumed Court sells half a ml of this stuff for 10 dollars.

I was gonna buy it, but it didn't specify how large the samples were (I'm not sure what the nature of CC samples are), and if they were for men or women, or both. I emailed her twice begging to get the answer, but no response...and, given my luck, someone bought it the next day. This left me with a healthy annoyance of this seller, but I probably should have just bought the lot at that price, as I could have probably sold it for more, in the case they were all for women.

Other than that, I've missed out on a bottle of Chergui for 65 dollars on Ebay, which I probably should have taken, but I probably miss great deals all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you had any deals that you regret not taking?

My wife offered to buy me the big bottle of Bulgari Black on the spot, but I told her to wait, so I could see if I really liked it. I ended up paying for both a mini and a big bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there were some online retailers with a very good price for two my favorites: Rive Gauche PH and Aramis Tuscany from an online retailer, maybe not trustworthy, but the deal was tremendously good, yet I hesitated and meanwhile, the retailer does not market them any longer, but sells far more generic scents

When I bought my flacon of Vintage Tabarome the sales associate said, "It's discontinued, and we have only one more left. Wanna buy it too?" Er, the idea of coughing up $700 for two bottles was kind of hard for me. Actually, the $350 or so for just one bottle was a little tough. Glad I did it though, and I'm almost sad I didn't buy that second bottle, given the extreme rarity of VT now.

Still, I'm sure that if had purchased that second bottle, Creed would be flooding the market with another batch of it, and I'd be stuck with a $350 duplicate. The world just works that way.

I missed out on a bottle of Bel Ami by two pounds. It was at a silly price and I wish I had obeyed one of my own Ebay bidding rules: how much extra would you pay not to be miserable if you lost the auction?
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Many Frederic Malle and Amouage deals on ebay. Also, not stocking up vintage MPG bottles when a store where I live had clearance on them and they wear going for $40 each.