Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a "nut" note... suggestions?

I'm looking for some recomendations for frags with strong NUT notes, particularly Hazelnut (add cocoa and you've got nutella...mmmmm...)

Something in MPG Santal Noble made me think of almond butter...

One that comes to mind is L'Artisan's Mechant Loup
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Looking for a "nut" note... suggestions?

I'm reminded of Givenchy Very Irresistible

Herrera for men has a nutty aspect to my nose, though according to the directory there isn't such a not listed. Maybe it's the cedar that gives it that quality. I'm sure there are better suggestions to come for you, though.

Off-Scenter

For hazelnut, try L'Artisan Parfumeur's Méchant Loup.

I'm particularly interested in anything like a smokey roasted salty nut. Or something oily and milky/creamy with wood. Etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I've never smelled it so I don't know if it's smokey or salty, but just yesterday actiasluna was talking about Craving by Perfume by Nature in the sotd thread. It's apparently nutella plus vetiver, sandalwood, incense and musk, so that might be something you'd want to check out. And if it sounds good don't miss Redneck Perfumisto's expanded review, provided within her post.

(Scroll down to post #47)
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/260...tember-18-2010
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Parfumerie Generale Aomassai , nuts and caramel with a wonderful woody base , I think that might fit the bill

Aomassai by PG ~ without hesitation!

(also, Guerlains Oriental Brulant - it's mostly white almond)

interesting, I now have a list!

Dependent

For Hazelnut, you must try Aomassai from Parfumerie Generale!

Edit: Ooops, nevermind, It's already been mention.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I'm reminded of Givenchy Very Irresistible
    Likewise, its a wonderful cologne IMO

I think Serge Lutens "Bois Oriental" will meet all of your requests, it's the most "nutty" scent I can think of. Roasted salty/sweet nuts with a violet touch YUM!!

You might try something from Dragonflyblue some of theirs were rather nutty one was even called M'hazel ,Golden oak was nice and rather nutty too (I have tried a sample of this one)and they also list Vanilla Almond which sounds interesting.Hope this helps!