Code of Conduct

Default Van Cleef and Arpels Collection Extraordinaire

Has anyone tried the fragrances from this collection? I just discovered them on LuckyScent.com. Here is a introductory description:

Van Cleef & Arpels

COLLECTION EXTRAORDINAIRE
    Van Cleef & Arpels, the world-renowned Paris jeweler, pays tribute to nature with a range of magnificent fragrant compositions inspired by its Les Jardins (The Gardens) jewelry range. Created with the finest raw materials in the great tradition of French luxury perfumery, Van Cleef & Arpels debuts the Collection Extraordinaire with six scents, each given a formulation number by the master perfumer and presented in a hallmarked and embossed presentation gift box.

Here's the link:
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ..._&_Arpels.html
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Van Cleef and Arpels Collection Extraordinaire

Were these introduced a while ago, and I just didn't know about them?
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Basenotes Plus

Gardenia Petale is wonderful, I'd buy a full bottle right now, except it's $185.00. Maybe for my birthday in Oct. lol.

All of them are very nice. I really liked Mark Buxton's cologne. Gardenia Petale is beautiful too.
    Evenstar

Evenstar

The Bois d' Iris is simply the best iris fragrance there is!
    I know that is saying a lot, but wow is it good! I have a bottle and I never get tired of this one. The only other iris I think is almost as good is Irisss by Xerjoff but even their prices it is #2 for me.

The perfumer is Emelie Cooperman.

Bois d'Iris is really a great Iris scent. It's a iris halfway between the powdery iris aroma and the rooty aroma of orris. To me it's close to Bois d'Argent from Dior, but without the light almond aroma of Bois d'Argent and supported by a woody aroma that has something salty on it.
    I have tried Orchidee Vanille from a sample that one of my friend brought me to try. It seemed a great vanilla fragrance, foody, but with some flowery aspects on it too. It was like the smell of white chocolate that one specie of orchid exhales when it's fully bloomed.

Blog Entries

l got samples from luckyscent just this week of Gardenia Petale, Muguet Blanc & Lys Carmin. Haven't tried them yet as l'm obsessed with trying all the amber samples l ordered first, but will let you know what l think when l have! l do love white florals so l'm hoping for great things from these based on what l've read.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l got samples from luckyscent just this week of Gardenia Petale, Muguet Blanc & Lys Carmin. Haven't tried them yet as l'm obsessed with trying all the amber samples l ordered first, but will let you know what l think when l have! l do love white florals so l'm hoping for great things from these based on what l've read.
    Great! Thanks for your response.

Blog Entries

l'm testing Gardenia Petale right now, & l've got to say it's a very authentic representation of the true scent of gardenia. l get very frustrated with frags labelled "gardenia" which are really just a mix of jasmine & tuberose, so this makes a refreshing change! There's a hint of lily of the valley in the opening, but it quickly develops into a really creamy, soft gardenia. lt's quite lovely, not too strong or cloying. lt's very soft though, l'll wait & see what the longevity is like...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I've tried Muguet Blanc,Bois d'Iris and Cologne Noire.All are great.

Blog Entries

Gardenia Petale lasted a good 7 hours on me, very impressive on my skin. The drydown was similar to Yosh's Whiteflowers, with the same crisp, frosted spring flower feel. l would seriously consider a full bottle of this, it may well be my HG gardenia!

Today l'm testing Lys Carmin; it has a spicy floral opening, then some green notes come in. Again the sillage is soft & it's a true lily, but not as heady or creamy as Un Lys, which l prefer over this. Nice, but for me not special enough for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Gardenia Petale lasted a good 7 hours on me, very impressive on my skin. The drydown was similar to Yosh's Whiteflowers, with the same crisp, frosted spring flower feel. l would seriously consider a full bottle of this, it may well be my HG gardenia!

Today l'm testing Lys Carmin; it has a spicy floral opening, then some green notes come in. Again the sillage is soft & it's a true lily, but not as heady or creamy as Un Lys, which l prefer over this. Nice, but for me not special enough for the price.
    Thank you for continuing with this thread!

Blog Entries

You're welcome! lt's fun sharing my sampling experiences with others, & if it helps inform people that's a bonus!

Blog Entries

Testing Muguet Blanc today; definitely lily of the valley, there's a moment in the opening when it smells slightly synthetic, but the moment passes & it becomes a full-bodied, fresh & crystalline lotv. l decided to compare it with Diorissimo on my other wrist, ( a vintage EDC ) & they are surprisingly different; the Dior is denser & sweeter, with more sillage, the Muguet cooler & softer.

Overall l'm impressed with this line, the scents are very true to the real flowers, so if you're into florals l recommend you give these a try. For me Gardenia Petale is by far my favourite, l'm going to start saving for a bottle right now!