Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Imperial leather soap; notes?

l've looked around on basenotes & googled this, but l haven't been able to find an answer to this question. l'm not asking what fragrances smell like it, what l want to know is what does it smell of, does anyone know? Cussons' website mentions "oils, musks & balsams", & l'm guessing there's sandalwood in there, but what else?

Any answers gratefully received!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: Imperial leather soap; notes?

http://www.scentdirect.com/genealogy.php?scentID=586

I'm sure the soap itself is not that complex in regards of ingridients, but perhaps this will give you something to think about.

I myself have used IL soap many many times, and I love the smell. To my nose it smells like a floral leather with fresh woody feel to it.
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 7th December 2010 at 08:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for that PigeonMurderer, l agree the fragrance is probably a lot more complex than the soap, but it's surprising not to see any sandalwood listed. l wonder if any members involved in the fragrance industry might have any inside information? Or is it one of those secret recipes, like KFC or Coke?!
    l also love the smell & agree with your interpretation of it, it's just bugging me not knowing what combination of notes produces that wonderful scent! Please, any ideas people?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

The "Scent Direct" triangle is pretty close. I would describe Imperial Leather as a Woody Fougere with Leather and Spice notes. So there's going to be Geranium, Bergamot and Lavender for starters. There is Sandalwood and Cinnamon. There used to be Musk and Moss, not sure now. And as it's a soap, a fair amount of aldehydes.