Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New collection by Christian Dior!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    I just do not understand why these companies cannot just create one or two "amazing" fragrances a year, or better yet every other year, instead of "collections" that are exclusive to the boutiques.
    I could get hit by a truck tomorrow. If they're truly amazing fragrances, may they release as many as possible, as fast as possible!

Honestly, on the subject of en masse releases, I haven't found a direct correlation between quality and number of releases. Tom Ford released his Private Collection all at once in '07, yet I haven't found any of the one-at-a-time additions to the line since to be better than most of the original line.

Mozart's Symphony No. 40 took a few weeks to write. If these Diors are deserving of the praises Octavian is giving them, I look forward to getting my hands on them.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New collection by Christian Dior!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    ...If these Diors are deserving of the praises Octavian is giving them, I look forward to getting my hands on them.
    Same here. It has been a while new-fragrance reviews really excited me.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Default Re: 10 Dior Exclusives this Fall

but for the fragrance naming, has anyone noticed that its very similar to the Les Exclusifs naming and themes? (Granville/29 la pausa) (Beige/New Look 1947) etc. There seem to be odd parallels between the themes, the first in direct reference to the places of residence to Dior/Chanel and the second to the iconic style that they have invented. Looks like Dior really wants to take chanel head on.

Post Thanks / Like

If Octavian is even half way right in his comments on Cologne Royale then I suspect Cologne Blanche is about to become a hot item - unless Dior keep it available outside this new collection. I'm still of two minds about this one but I guess it's time to check it out again . . .

I'm planning on a weekend to London soon, and was wondering where I would be able to find Leather Oud???
    Can anyone help, because this sounds lovely!!

Does anyone know if these are in Dior boutiques worldwide at this point, or only in Paris? I'm very keen to try Leather Oud, Granville and Mitzah, and Cologne Royale to a lesser extent.

I'm also curious about whether the three existing "colognes" have been completely reformulated for their reincarnation as EDPs. Bois d'Argent is one of my staples, and I'm suddenly all the more happy to have a 250mL bottle, in the likely case that Annick Menardo's brilliance has been tampered with...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread. I am putting Mitzah on my wish list- the muse behind the name is so interesting. Octavian's review on this amber scent was so enticing too.

When is the collection coming to the US...if ever ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

These are all available on the Dior website. Anyone try Vetiver, Cologne Royale or Leather Oud yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the new Eau Noire, which is supposedly an edp? I'm interested in a comparison to the original.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Eau Noire, which is supposedly an edp? I'm interested in a comparison to the original.
    Me too, very.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if these are in the NY Dior boutiques?

Post Thanks / Like

So the Las Vegas boutique just got these in last week and I stopped in to try a few. I briefly smelled most of them and ended up going home with samples of Granville, Cologne Royale, and Leather Oud as they were my favorites. I was not too keen on the Vetiver, the coffee in it smelled very burnt to my nose. Granville is very interesting, I can't decide if I really like this one or not, definitely love the Leather Oud, and the Cologne Royale is pretty nice. Oh and they really aren't that expensive. $225 for 250ml.
    Last edited by philmcphe; 2nd December 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally received my decants of a part of the collection.
    Yesterday i wore Cologne Royale. The weather here is hot, so i decided to start testing them for the one that seemed the weakest one of the collection. And In fact, Cologne Royale is nothing spetacular.It's just a well-crafted muskier cologne. It doesn't add anything new to the cologne genre, and it seems to relies on better quality materials. The aroma is more orange than lemon i think, and it has a slightly green-bitter leafy aroma that reminds me off petit grain. Once the dominant orange aroma and lemon fades away, you get a musky base with some green mint aspects. And this is all that Cologne Royale offers. I own Cologne Blanche, and while is not one of my favorites, it has something that Cologne Royale doesn't have, personality.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing Grainville today. I got really surprised when i saw that this one was marketed as a woman's fragrances -since the aromatic smell goes on the direction of Eau Sauvage for me, but without the animalic and flower facets. The opening has a big bitter citric aroma of almafi lemon and mandarin orange. The pine quickly appears on skin with a dry woody aroma. The Thyme and Rosemary adds something herbal on it and i wonder it they are responsible for the medicinal aroma that i'm getting at skin too. There's also something of a bitter herb on this one that i get hidden on the thyme and rosemary, but that i cannot put my finger on. Grainville seems very green, citric, natural. Much better than Cologne Royale i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Recently wore the Vetiver one.
    My impression is that is almost a solivetiver aroma from Dior. It`s a coeherent one, longlasting, of great materials, but that doesn`t seem so complex or artistical like some fragrances in the line. Seems more like a composition prepared to demonstrate the complexity and facets of vetiver itself.
    The Vetiver here is the core of composition, and the transition of the opening to the vetiver is very subtle. You get a leafy, bitter opening of grapefruit, followed by a vetiver which focus on the green and woody facets of vetiver, leaving the leather and smokied sides outside the composition. The coffee aroma is very blended with the vetiver one, and you notice it`s woody, roasted smell on skin after some hours. It gets close to a gourmand coffee smell, but end being more of a woody support note to the vetiver.
    This one leaves me quite confused. Although i enjoyed it, i know that great part of the quality and complexity of the aroma is because of the material itself, not because of the perfumer`s talent. It`s a simple composition, that doesn`t have anything personal of the perfumer being exposed.